Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 12:19   #2266
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

^^ The point is slightly different.
Even when the hinge breaks, the electrical connection remains and hooter sounds just fine. Only when it gets entangled in the belt and gets partially destroyed would it stop sounding the door-open alarm.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 18:33   #2267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Nitin, if you are just trying to establish whether the hooter is still in your car, probably the best way is to leave a door open and try and lock it. If you hear a beep, it's there and working.

Does this make sense or have I missed something ?
Thanks sir for the suggestion, though i knew it, however i really want to see this bugger with my own eye's to see whether its their where it should be or is it hanging by a thread to fall on to drive belt or something. Just for my mental peace.
Old 11th October 2013, 12:31   #2268

Hi
Can you please let me know what make of the ultra-sound rat repellent did you buy and from where in Bangalore ? I came across only Varna rat repellent as aproduct in my searches. Do they fix it or should it be fixed in the Mahindra service center.
Thanks & Regards
Ashok Jayaraman
Old 14th October 2013, 22:22   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
Well friends I did get my oil seal fixed on the 14th of September, but oil is still leaking from the same area again . I have covered about 600km after the replacement (Odo reading at present 3000km). I have written a letter to the company (thanks to Heavy Horse for all the help & support) and am eagerly waiting for their response.
I has been very disgusting for me since 2 months. I had written a detailed letter to the customer care about the problem with my vehicle. I got a response from them and was asked to get the vehicle to the service center at mangalore on the 10th of this month. I was assured the officials that they would have a proper look (aligning plant engineers) and fix the issue this time around. Finally when i got back the vehicle on 11th, they had replaced only the oil seal again. Adding to my agony it is still leaking from the same area barely 100 kms after replacement. I had asked them for replacing CV joint case and the RHS shaft for me since the oil seal had already been replaced once before this, indicating the problem elsewhere. I have visited the service center (70kms one way from my place, two days of leave) thrice already for this problem and don't know how many more from now At least from my experience so far the company has a unwritten policy of SELL IT AND FORGET IT, they have absalutety killed the euphoria in me of buying a new vehicle. Friends please guide me on what else to do from here?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20131014-12.16.01.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20131014-12.16.14.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20131014-12.16.44.jpg  

manipal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 00:10   #2270
BHPian

Quote:
I have visited the service center (70kms one way from my place, two days of leave) thrice already for this problem and don't know how many more from now At least from my experience so far the company has a unwritten policy of SELL IT AND FORGET IT, they have absalutety killed the euphoria in me of buying a new vehicle. Friends please guide me on what else to do from here?
Sorry to hear your story. One initial option would be to post on XUV facebook page with the link to this post on TBHP. I hope that will make things rolling. As far as I have seen, until there is an escalation to M&M top officials, dealers will just sit on the issues for ever.

By the way, The underbody stone guard would prevent the oil dripping onto ground directly. So how did you find the leakage?
-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 15th October 2013 at 00:14.
Old 15th October 2013, 01:00   #2271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
By the way, The underbody stone guard would prevent the oil dripping onto ground directly. So how did you find the leakage?
-HCP
He did mentioned before in his post that he could see drops of oil wherever he parked.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 09:58   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Sorry to hear your story. One initial option would be to post on XUV facebook page with the link to this post on TBHP. I hope that will make things rolling. As far as I have seen, until there is an escalation to M&M top officials, dealers will just sit on the issues for ever.

-HCP
The under body stone guard just ends behind the engine sump. this area is free.So any leak drips on to the floor. I will try to get a click next time i get under. Will check out the facebook page today
Old 15th October 2013, 18:13   #2273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The under body stone guard just ends behind the engine sump. this area is free.So any leak drips on to the floor. I will try to get a click next time i get under. Will check out the facebook page today
While you are at it, try an tweet to Anand mahindra. Things works very fast that way (Personnel Experience).
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 19:17   #2274
BHPian

Here are a couple of pictures better showing the location of the hooter assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20131015_110454.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20131015_110459.jpg  

Old 17th October 2013, 10:47   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The faulty sensor causes one more behaviour. Sometimes, the 'bonnet-open' error triggers the intrusion alarm at night, waking up the entire neighbourhood.

Have you noticed that the car beeped a couple of times when you unlocked it in the morning? That's a sign that the alarm was triggered during the night. Please keep an eye on it and get it rectified soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks Sanjay. Well i havent ever heard any beep while locking or unlocking, so will keep an eye open.

Talking about beep, does your car beeps when you lock/unlock normally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Nitinralli, I had experienced this last night. While locking the doors, there was no beep, but the security came early morning informing the security alarm went off for few minutes.

While unlocking the doors in the morning, there was 4 beeps as if the doors were not locked properly (checked and reconfirmed that all doors were however locked and no door was unlocked).

Did you find a solution to this ?
Quote:
Its a problem with shoddy workmanship rather than bad parts.

In this case, typically its the hood-sensor. Needs to be adjusted/aligned correctly. Fortunately once fixed, the problem does not reoccur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Yes as Sanjay said, its the bonnet sensor thats the culprit. Infact i have sent my car today to get this fixed.
One thing strange though, i have never heard this beep when i unlock in morning. When i drive, i get this error multiple times so i am sure at night too it must have gone on atleast once. So why didnt i hear that beep? Hmm i hope i still have that siren somewhere under the bonnet and hope it has not fallen off
The sensor on the bonnet was the culprit. Changed the same under warranty 2 days back and the problem seem to be solved for ever.

Thanks Guys for your inputs.
Old 17th October 2013, 11:31   #2276
BHPian

Hi folks,

Since winters are around the corner, the business suits are out. I was thinking to get the coat hanger that attaches itself to the front seat headrest installed. Quite a useful device IMO for someone who travels a lot with his jacket stowed on the rear seat.

Has anyone got this installed in their Cheetah's? Costs around 1500 bucks I guess...

Cheeerzzz

PS: Sorry for the poor quality pic. Couldn't find a better one
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-coat-hanger.jpg  

Last edited by Sisu : 17th October 2013 at 11:34.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:05   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Hello XUV owners,

Can we have a poll for common problems faced with the XUV. This will give us a frequency of problems and which are the ones a new buyer is most likely to expect and hence be prepared with solutions and revised product expectations.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:04   #2278
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi folks,

....Quite a useful device IMO for someone who travels a lot with his jacket stowed on the rear seat.

Has anyone got this installed in their Cheetah's? Costs around 1500 bucks I guess...

Cheeerzzz
1500 bucks for a piece of twisted wire with 2 clamps? I will pass this tempting offer

BTW, I use the hook on the grab-handles.

PS: I believe the official review thread is a better place for such queries rather than the niggles thread

Last edited by SDP : 17th October 2013 at 13:07.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 14:57   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
1500 bucks for a piece of twisted wire with 2 clamps? I will pass this tempting offer

BTW, I use the hook on the grab-handles.
Hi Sanjay,

It is expensive for what it is, but looks quite cool I think. I always feel the hook on the grab handles is prone to breaking with regular usage.

Quote:
PS: I believe the official review thread is a better place for such queries rather than the niggles thread
Posted it here by mistake. Tried shifting my post to the official review thread but could not manage to do so. Would request mods to shift it.
Old 17th October 2013, 21:58   #2280
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I purchased the Cheetah in July this year. Since then it has done 5XXX kms and is due for the first service .I have noticed a few niggles which I wanted to bring up :

1)Clutch : During heavy traffic (Where you need to be in the first gear with the foot on the depressed clutch 70% of the times) , some times the clutch remains depressed. I have to use my foot to bring it back. Once in heavy traffic it got depressed 100% . Won't let me change gears . So was stuck in the 1st gear. The car had barely done 1000 odd kms. I was like . Anyways , it did not happen again. But the clutch frequently remains half/quarter depressed and I have to pull it back.

2)Aircon Vent : One of the passenger vent has gone bust. Just does not work. Tried many times but no luck.

3) Noise from the suspension : Sometimes get the strange noise coming from the front left of the car. Has not happened a lot of times so not sure what is going on.

Would like your thoughts on this as I am no auto engineer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks