Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 11:57   #3976
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
After dealing with a driver side window winder which went kaput last week and was repaired under warranty, I've discovered that the parking sensor (left most sensor) has stopped working (it keeps beeping)
Regarding the air bag error, I remember some members reporting that it was noticed when battery was towards end of its life. Do check that part too.
Old 6th September 2016, 12:30   #3977
BHPian

Hi ,a friend of mine has decided to buy the XUV w10 ( new one not a second hand one). And while the many issues major and minor have been discussed all over the thread I was wondering that if anyone could maybe make a concise list of common problems the car is likely to give specially in the first year or so. If emailing it is more convienient then my id is anoshdhondy@gmail.com
Thanks
Anosh Dhondy
Old 6th September 2016, 12:34   #3978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Regarding the air bag error, I remember some members reporting that it was noticed when battery was towards end of its life. Do check that part too.
Thanks Suhas. I have a brand new battery. Will get it checked and replaced under exide warranty if that's the case.
Old 6th September 2016, 12:55   #3979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've discovered that the parking sensor (left most sensor) has stopped working (it keeps beeping)
Have you checked the sensor if there is any mud or any particle covering the sensor? It might be because of that.

Quote:
Also, the Airbag light has now come on, and stays on. Is this a major issue?
On the Airbag light, had you removed the passenger/driver seat by any chance? Or it might be the case, the sensor connection has become lose in either of the seats. Just get it checked and it should be fine.
Old 8th September 2016, 15:37   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
After dealing with a driver side window winder which went kaput last week and was repaired under warranty, I've discovered that the parking sensor (left most sensor) has stopped working (it keeps beeping)

Also, the Airbag light has now come on, and stays on. Is this a major issue?
Attachment 1551156

I can't believe the car keeps having to go to the service centre week after week. Thank God for the extended warranty.
Even my car had a similar issue, ask them to check for the error code on the laptop, it can be either from the airbag wire connection under the front seat or from the steering column. The workshop guys call it by the name ''sling lock? ''.. i am not sure of the diagnostic name. However it can be resolved by half an hour, but the steering and the adjoining cover is to be removed.
manipal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 23:22   #3981
BHPian

With all these niggles that too cropping up suddenly am scared to go in for XUV. Quite shocking to note that Mahindra is unable to fix the issue once for all and give some peace of mind to XUV owners.

It is not surprising that overall sales figures have dropped for XUV wherein Crysta is able to sell 8k units per month inspite of premium pricing.

Overall XUV is a good product wherein Mahindra is unable to mate electronics to its mechanical brilliance
Old 14th September 2016, 14:31   #3982
BHPian

I have been having issues with Hill Descent, Hill Hold, ESP and AWD fault lights come ON randomly while driving, but the car runs normally, switching off the engine and starting again clears the fault, took it to G3 workshop for a check but they couldn’t find any fault (the lights were off at that time), 1st they didn’t believe me then they said might be a loose contact or defective wiring, they said to call them next time it happened, so the next time it happened I took photos of the lights and since I have given my car for 30000 kms service yesterday I showed them the photos and asked them to check on it, hope they find the fault.

Another issue I am having is that the immobilizer gets activated when the vehicle is parked and then it just refuses to start, after several attempts of removing and reinserting the key the vehicle finally starts, took it to G3 couple of months back, they found some error codes and cleared them and said it won’t happen again, but it didn’t stop, I have reported to them again when I took in my car for service yesterday hopefully they will rectify the issue this time.
Old 14th September 2016, 14:58   #3983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
I have been having issues with Hill Descent, Hill Hold, ESP and AWD fault lights come ON randomly while driving, but the car runs normally, switching off the engine and starting again clears the fault, took it to G3 workshop for a check but they couldn’t find any fault (the lights were off at that time), 1st they didn’t believe me then they said might be a loose contact or defective wiring, they said to call them next time it happened, so the next time it happened I took photos of the lights and since I have given my car for 30000 kms service yesterday I showed them the photos and asked them to check on it, hope they find the fault.
This is the issue with Steering Alignment sensor, please tell them specifically and get it fixed. Usually they just clear the error codes and give it back to you. Make sure you take a stand and get it rectified.

Quote:
Another issue I am having is that the immobilizer gets activated when the vehicle is parked and then it just refuses to start, after several attempts of removing and reinserting the key the vehicle finally starts, took it to G3 couple of months back, they found some error codes and cleared them and said it won’t happen again, but it didn’t stop, I have reported to them again when I took in my car for service yesterday hopefully they will rectify the issue this time.
Again, might be issues with some sensors, get it fixed ASAP. Don't let them to clear the error codes without fixing it.

If they still don't budge then write to customer care escalating the issue.
Old 14th September 2016, 15:31   #3984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been having issues with Hill Descent, Hill Hold, ESP and AWD fault lights come ON randomly while driving, but the car runs normally, switching off the engine and starting again clears
As mentioned by Fusionbang, it could be due to steering alignment sensor. I too faced the issue earlier after I did a tyre alignment.

The error may not be coming randomly as you are doubting. In my case it was coming up after driving for around 12 KM's. You can check the issue here.
Old 14th September 2016, 15:39   #3985
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Thanks fusionbang and mpksuhas, I called up my RM after reading your replies, the RM says they found the problem of the immobilizer getting activated, it is because the ignition key barrel is defective so they will need to replace the whole key set, and he also said that the other fault lights were coming ON for the same reason, so after replacing the key set all faults lamps will get rectified, hope this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
As mentioned by Fusionbang, it could be due to steering alignment sensor. I too faced the issue earlier after I did a tyre alignment.

The error may not be coming randomly as you are doubting. In my case it was coming up after driving for around 12 KM's. You can check the issue here.
I think in my case it was random as for days the lights won't come ON, even a trip to Goa wouldn't activate the lights, but then suddenly they would come ON even on a short trip.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2016 at 21:03. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 15th September 2016, 17:25   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Last month while driving to Goa in the rains when I stopped at a hotel for lunch I saw that both the headlights had fogged up, see attached pictures below,
Attachment 1139038
Attachment 1139039
so when I returned from the Goa trip I called up the Works Manager in NBS in Mumbai and told him about it, he said not to worry and that he would arrange to get them replaced, he was kind enough to send his guys over to my place who replaced both the head lights under warranty as my vehicle is only 6 months old and done about 7300 kms, I am very thankful to him as it saved me a trip to the Workshop in Sewri.

Today evening being a weekend we decide to drive over to Dara's Dhaba for a good dinner with my relatives but fortunately or unfortunately it rained heavily and when I parked the car at Dara's Dhaba I was shocked to see the new head lights fogged, see below,
Attachment 1139041
Attachment 1139042

Has anyone had this issue with their XUV's during the rain? I will be calling the Workshop manager tomorrow morning and see what he has to say.

I have the same issue in my brand new xuv. On the other thread in Team BHP, i was suggested that this should be ok unless the condensation is very high. I will observe for few days and then act on this issue with Mahindra.
Old 15th September 2016, 19:50   #3987

Hello XUV'ians,

My XUV is manufactured in May 2014. I have not been able to go through the entire thread but have read some pages and did not find mention of the below changes I am planning to do. Do let me know if you have any experience of same, +ve / -ve

1. Changing oil from mineral to Synthetic (Mobil1 / Motul)
2. Changing the Air Filter from current paper one to BMC / K&N Air Filter
3. I have replaced my OEM Nippon speakers with JBL and have fitted the sheets as well to avoid the door jarring while playing some songs with may be slightly heavy bass. However, the door jarring still exists. Any good shop in Western part of Mumbai who can help solve this issue / suggest something to be done
4. The discs plates are rusted a bit. Can I use any anti rust / rust remover liquid to clean them. If yes which one. If not what can be done about it.
5. I am planning to install a rectangular LED bar, any shop / person you recommend to get this job done?

Pardon me if I am repeating questions which are already asked

Thanks in advance
Old 16th September 2016, 10:22   #3988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
I have the same issue in my brand new xuv. On the other thread in Team BHP, i was suggested that this should be ok unless the condensation is very high. I will observe for few days and then act on this issue with Mahindra.
After 3 years and replacing the headlights under warranty I still have the same issue, but as per my RM Mahindra has stopped replacing the headlights, he says that this is normal.
Old 16th September 2016, 10:32   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
After 3 years and replacing the headlights under warranty I still have the same issue, but as per my RM Mahindra has stopped replacing the headlights, he says that this is normal.
I would have agreed to it but after owning cars like estilo and beat which never had this issue in years, i dunno why Mahindra xuv should have it. I have called Bangalore AM to my place tomorrow to check the new car on issues list and the light issue also will be discussed there. Thanks Sanjeev.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:32   #3990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
I would have agreed to it but after owning cars like estilo and beat which never had this issue in years, i dunno why Mahindra xuv should have it. I have called Bangalore AM to my place tomorrow to check the new car on issues list and the light issue also will be discussed there. Thanks Sanjeev.
I own one of the first batch XUV and have never faced this issue till date (touch-wood). This is a defect and needs to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
Hello XUV'ians,

My XUV is manufactured in May 2014. I have not been able to go through the entire thread but have read some pages and did not find mention of the below changes I am planning to do. Do let me know if you have any experience of same, +ve / -ve

1. Changing oil from mineral to Synthetic (Mobil1 / Motul)
2. Changing the Air Filter from current paper one to BMC / K&N Air Filter
3. I have replaced my OEM Nippon speakers with JBL and have fitted the sheets as well to avoid the door jarring while playing some songs with may be slightly heavy bass. However, the door jarring still exists. Any good shop in Western part of Mumbai who can help solve this issue / suggest something to be done
4. The discs plates are rusted a bit. Can I use any anti rust / rust remover liquid to clean them. If yes which one. If not what can be done about it.
5. I am planning to install a rectangular LED bar, any shop / person you recommend to get this job done?

Pardon me if I am repeating questions which are already asked

Thanks in advance
Sir, these are not niggles hence request you to post it in relevant thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks