Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 13:57   #3871
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

^^^ Yep. Its not a glass. It feels like paper - and works exactly as it is intended too. Neither you nor Tanveer missed it your PDI. It's just the way it is

And the ones you refer for guages - its like smartphone screen. Do you still need a cover?

Last edited by abirnale : 18th May 2016 at 13:58.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 14:13   #3872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey guys after returning home while parking noticed a difference in the reflection in the twin inner(smaller) ODO dials. There was no reflection in the coolant temperature gauge display like there was in the fuel level / gear / total kms gauge.

On closer inspection noticed that the coolant temperature gauge was missing a glass covering and I could feel a paper sans the glass.

The entire panel which also shows all the indications like handbrake engaged, seat belt status etc also has no glass and I can feel the paper.

I'm shocked by this and missed this in the PDI. The cheetah is just a week old.
What I want to know is if this is normal and the glass is missing in all the cheetah's or just mine?

Thanks guys.
We did not miss anything, Its like that by default since the previous generation XUV, So its completely normal don't worry about it and enjoy your cheetah, And we should actually be happy that the whole area is not covered by the glass, Reason? Touch the glass area where the ODO is displayed, A gentle touch can make the reading's disappear and you might get an heart attack at first, Only to see it comes back to normal after a few seconds.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 15:00   #3873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
^^^ Yep. Its not a glass. It feels like paper - and works exactly as it is intended too. Neither you nor Tanveer missed it your PDI. It's just the way it is

And the ones you refer for guages - its like smartphone screen. Do you still need a cover?
Hey avinash good to see you on the forum after really long. How's your cheetah doing.
Now it does feel like paper and is a bit unnerving. I still don't get the logic of covering the fuel level gauge with glass and leaving the exacting same dimension coolant gauge uncovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
We did not miss anything, Its like that by default since the previous generation XUV, So its completely normal don't worry about it and enjoy your cheetah, And we should actually be happy that the whole area is not covered by the glass, Reason? Touch the glass area where the ODO is displayed, A gentle touch can make the reading's disappear and you might get an heart attack at first, Only to see it comes back to normal after a few seconds.
Hey Tanveer it's good to hear we didn't miss anything else in the PDI. I did touch the fuel gauge glass which did make the readings disappear for a while. Really freaky stuff.
Any updates on meeting up this weekend. Let's make it happen.
Old 19th May 2016, 20:04   #3874
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I want to know is if this is normal and the glass is missing in all the cheetah's or just mine?
Relax. You are in the hallowed company of all other XUV owners. Most take years to discover this. And some like you (and I) discover this early, get a mild shock and then recover when they learn that this is "by design".
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 20:41   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Relax. You are in the hallowed company of all other XUV owners. Most take years to discover this. And some like you (and I) discover this early, get a mild shock and then recover when they learn that this is "by design".
Thanks zappo yeah I have understood the Mahindra design philosophy better now
Hope that's the only shock mahindra gives me.
It really was freaky feeling the paper and no glass at all
Old 20th May 2016, 12:01   #3876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks zappo yeah I have understood the Mahindra design philosophy better now
Hope that's the only shock mahindra gives me.
It really was freaky feeling the paper and no glass at all
Irrespective of how irrational it may appear and may even be in reality but I am sure there was some thought that would have gone behind this omission. Specially since they carried this forward in the new age XUV as well. Just need to find that out!
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:24   #3877
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post the same message on multiple threads. It counts as SPAM.

Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2016 at 09:47.
bp74 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:59   #3878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Irrespective of how irrational it may appear and may even be in reality but I am sure there was some thought that would have gone behind this omission. Specially since they carried this forward in the new age XUV as well. Just need to find that out!
Exactly my thought, If they carried the same in the New age XUV there would be a reason behind it, Even though if it was cost cutting it doesn't really matter, Since its only when you touch it you realise its something different.

@ bp74 Go get it please, Its Mahindra, Just believe that your paying that amount for a complete peace of mind for an extended amount of time.

Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2016 at 09:47. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 23:44   #3879
BHPian

Need some info for installing additional 12 V sockets on a W6 which comes with a single 12V socket in the front.
I wanted to try a DIY but I heard Mahindra is super strict about the warranty getting void for the pettiest possible cause.
Any help on this topic will be great.
Old 31st May 2016, 09:09   #3880
BHPian

Headlights adjustment
-------------------------
I recently requested an ASC to check the headlights adjustment. They had no calibration board and monkeyed around with the settings. End result – high beams were seriously out of line. The M&M customer service guy sent me to another ASC who confirmed that the high beam was off and made adjustments.

However, the calibration board had no markings for the high beam. When I asked them how they can be sure that they had done it properly, they had no answer. I showed them an extract of M&M’s technical manual which shows the measurements, and their reaction was that I was not supposed to have access to this internal document, that it was outdated, and they will not show me the new manual either.

In short, they to made some blind adjustments, withiut consulting any technical documentation.

I am still awaiting feedback from the M&M customer service guy. Hugely frustrating, specially when I am driving from Bangalore to Ahmedabad tomorrow.

Moral of the story - please do not allow anyone to adjust the headlights unless they have a proper calibration board, and definitely not the high beams.

Thanks.
arao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 10:48   #3881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Headlights adjustment
Moral of the story - please do not allow anyone to adjust the headlights unless they have a proper calibration board, and definitely not the high beams.
Thanks.
Mind naming the service centers? I am in Bangalore as well, and was planning to ask them to adjust the headlights (high beam, for highway driving only), when I send the car for first service.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:07   #3882
BHPian

Headlights adjustment

Sireesh at JP Nagar is where the first 'adjustment' was done where they had no calibration board. I have seen the board at Sireesh Marthahalli, but for the second visit I went to Anant on Bannerghatta Road as it was closer. They had the board, but no markings for the high beam. And a highly uncourteous technical manager who does not hesitate to invite the customer to go take a hike.

This is what M&M's Maintenance Manual says:
Since the high beam spreads out, it is very difficult to identify the center/ Hot spot. Hence it is not recommended to change the aim of high beam unless otherwise warranted by an accident repair or front end damage.

Please let us know how they deal with your vehicle.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Mind naming the service centers? I am in Bangalore as well, and was planning to ask them to adjust the headlights (high beam, for highway driving only), when I send the car for first service.

arao: Moral of the story - please do not allow anyone to adjust the headlights unless they have a proper calibration board, and definitely not the high beams.

Thanks.
arao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 11:27   #3883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Headlights adjustment
Please let us know how they deal with your vehicle.

Cheers
Thanks, I purchased my vehicle from Anant cars, so will most likely go to them for the first service. It is still a month to two months away, but will share my experience. Had given the car to them for a minor repair work, and to also eliminate some squeaks and rattle, and the irritating squeak is back within 2 days- this inspite of they keeping the car with them overnight.

Its a metallic squeak that comes from the rear- they suspect that its the seat lock (the ones that tumble down) not engaging properly. I suspect it could be something else- like something lose underneath, or inside the rear panel. Lets see if I can live with it till the first service.
Old 5th June 2016, 18:18   #3884
BHPian

Today I experienced a niggle with my XUV. Infotainment system was not switching off even after the ignition key was removed. It started working fine after driving for few more kms. Has anyone else experienced this??
Old 5th June 2016, 18:43   #3885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Today I experienced a niggle with my XUV. Infotainment system was not switching off even after the ignition key was removed. It started working fine after driving for few more kms. Has anyone else experienced this??
I think it entered one hour mode. Its just a guess from my side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks