Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 23:26   #3901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post

As the only new component was the OBD II adapter, I immediately disconnected it & these errors never occurred again.

Did anyone try using OBD II adapter for their XUV AT? Do you get similar errors? Or is mine an isolated case where the problem is with the OBD adapter?
Seems you are using ELM 27 Bluetooth obd adaptor. These are Chinese make and I don't think its wise to keep it connected every time, it has interfered with the ECU i feel.

Use it once a while just to check and clear any error codes if it has appeared, and don't keep it connected while driving.

And I won't call it a niggle.

Last edited by rahul_kej : 14th June 2016 at 23:28.
Old 15th June 2016, 06:37   #3902
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hey guys I have a 2012 XUV 500 W8 and it has done almost 84K on the ODO and has never troubled me before or left me stranded in the middle of the road. But yesterday while I was coming to Delhi from Moradabad I started facing issues with my clutch. While I was changing gears the clutch became really light and the pedal won't Come back when I pressed it. So I had to pull it back with my foot and then it started working fine but the lightness in the clutch was still there.
Then again the same thing happened after a while and I did the same thing and that's how it's been acting ever since. I know I should have stopped and called the Mahindra guys but I couldn't as we were tranfering my dad to Asian hospital as he got a cardiac attack and I was following the ambulance.
Once we reached the hospital I called my RM and explained him the situation and he said that the master cylinder has leaked and gave me an estimated cost of 20-25k to fix it. So I just wanted to know what might be the reason for this issue? Is it really the master cylinder that might have leaked or is it something else.
Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 12:42   #3903
BHPian

The engine oil, engine and battery warning lamps are glowing in my XUV. Any idea what might be the issue. I have asked the driver to tighten the battery terminals and the engine oil.
Old 15th June 2016, 12:45   #3904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Hey guys I have a 2012 XUV 500 W8 and it has done almost 84K on the ODO and has never troubled me before or left me stranded in the middle of the road. But yesterday while I was coming to Delhi from Moradabad I started facing issues with my clutch. While I was changing gears the clutch became really light and the pedal won't Come back when I pressed it. So I had to pull it back with my foot and then it started working fine but the lightness in the clutch was still there.
Then again the same thing happened after a while and I did the same thing and that's how it's been acting ever since. I know I should have stopped and called the Mahindra guys but I couldn't as we were tranfering my dad to Asian hospital as he got a cardiac attack and I was following the ambulance.
Once we reached the hospital I called my RM and explained him the situation and he said that the master cylinder has leaked and gave me an estimated cost of 20-25k to fix it. So I just wanted to know what might be the reason for this issue? Is it really the master cylinder that might have leaked or is it something else.
Thanks
Yes it looks like a master cylinder issue. Many members have reported same scenarios like yours when their master cylinder died.
Please do let us know here if anything else was detected also the final damage to your pocket too.
Old 15th June 2016, 14:25   #3905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Hey guys I have a 2012 XUV 500 W8 and it has done almost 84K on the ODO and has never troubled me before or left me stranded in the middle of the road. So I just wanted to know what might be the reason for this issue? Is it really the master cylinder that might have leaked or is it something else.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Yes it looks like a master cylinder issue. Many members have reported same scenarios like yours when their master cylinder died.
Please do let us know here if anything else was detected also the final damage to your pocket too.
Master cylinder is no longer part of any warranty.

As told by my RM:
The problem it seems to be is that they have designed the master cylinder to be compact and this has led it to become overheated in situations where the driver uses half clutch quiet often. In addition to it being compact it also lacks sufficient ventilation. The overheating causes its seal to fail causing a leak. Leading to this situation.

In my opinion your vehicle lasted quiet longer than majority of other vehicles. Just last week I noticed a 20k km run vehicle having the same issue costing around 20k. Majority of the expenditure taken by the clutch system. Master cylinder I think was around 4k.
Old 15th June 2016, 16:16   #3906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Master cylinder is no longer part of any warranty.
Hi Falconian,

Do you have any official communication from Mahindra regarding this?

As far as I know, this was a known issue with the XUV and any premature failures in the master slave cylinders are to be covered in warranty.
Old 15th June 2016, 18:08   #3907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Falconian,

Do you have any official communication from Mahindra regarding this?

As far as I know, this was a known issue with the XUV and any premature failures in the master slave cylinders are to be covered in warranty.
Yes it was and is a known issue.

I had gone to the service center last week due to reverse cam not working as the fuse was blown. I was sitting on the desk and noticed an invoice with all the parts that are involved in the master cylinder failure in a 2 year old vehicle. I inquired about the invoice which was about 20k and did not show anything as warranty replacement. My RM confirmed the bill is for master cylinder failure and that Mahindra has stopped providing warranty for it for the past 3 months.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 18:57   #3908
BHPian

Please let me know if there is any workaround for Bluetooth calling issues with Android 6 (Marshmallow) phones; I am using Moto 3G
Old 15th June 2016, 19:02   #3909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Please let me know if there is any workaround for Bluetooth calling issues with Android 6 (Marshmallow) phones; I am using Moto 3G
Do you mean the, "click click" sound that comes during the call?
Old 15th June 2016, 19:13   #3910
BHPian

^^ No click sounds. After a call is answered, nothing will be heard thru speaker nor the other side caller gets any sound. I have to press Answer using Phone and speak thru phone
Old 15th June 2016, 19:15   #3911
BHPian

Quote:

I had gone to the service center last week due to reverse cam not working as the fuse was blown. I was sitting on the desk and noticed an invoice with all the parts that are involved in the master cylinder failure in a 2 year old vehicle. I inquired about the invoice which was about 20k and did not show anything as warranty replacement. My RM confirmed the bill is for master cylinder failure and that Mahindra has stopped providing warranty for it for the past 3 months.
I just checked with my service manager and he confirmed that master cylinder is indeed covered under mahindra warranty and even covered in extended warranty as well
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 19:50   #3912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
^^ No click sounds. After a call is answered, nothing will be heard thru speaker nor the other side caller gets any sound. I have to press Answer using Phone and speak thru phone
Have you tried pairing with other phones to check if everything works fine?
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 10:42   #3913
BHPian

XUV recall??

Today I received a call from Anant Cars Bangalore regarding my XUV w10. The conversation was as follows.

AC Lady = Lady calling from Anant Cars.

[AC Lady] - Good morning sir, I am calling from Anant cars. This is regarding your XUV W10 with license plate xxxx.
[Me] - Yes, this is me. Go on please
[AC Lady] - We are conducting a proactive maintenance schedule for XUV owners at Anant Cars. As part of this maintenance, we will open the radiator of your XUV and will observe the nuts and bolts.
[Me] - I do not understand, why would you want to do that? I have never heard of anyone do that as part of maintenance. Also, how long will this activity take?
[AC Lady] - Sir, we have been mandated by Mahindra to reach out to you and we have been told it is mandatory to carry out this task which is why we are reaching out to you. We will conduct this task for 1 & 1/2 days.
[Me] - What? You need 1 & 1/2 days to observe nuts and bolts and also you want to open up the radiator completely. I would like to understand this better as I am not convinced on what is going on. I have not heard of Mahindra requesting for this or any news of it anywhere. Can you please have your manager call me later? Thank you.
[AC Lady] - Sure sir. We will get back to you. Thank you.

The above conversation leads me to believe that Mahindra is quietly doing a recall of sorts to fix an issue probably with a certain batch of XUV's. I would like to hear from this esteemed group if anyone has received such a call if there are any further insights anyone can provide. Thank you.
Old 16th June 2016, 12:40   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Today I received a call from Anant Cars Bangalore regarding my XUV w10. The conversation was as follows.

AC Lady = Lady calling from Anant Cars.

[AC Lady] - Good morning sir, I am calling from Anant cars. This is regarding your XUV W10 with license plate xxxx.
[Me] - Yes, this is me. Go on please
[AC Lady] - We are conducting a proactive maintenance schedule for XUV owners at Anant Cars. As part of this maintenance, we will open the radiator of your XUV and will observe the nuts and bolts.
[Me] - I do not understand, why would you want to do that? I have never heard of anyone do that as part of maintenance. Also, how long will this activity take?
[AC Lady] - Sir, we have been mandated by Mahindra to reach out to you and we have been told it is mandatory to carry out this task which is why we are reaching out to you. We will conduct this task for 1 & 1/2 days.
[Me] - What? You need 1 & 1/2 days to observe nuts and bolts and also you want to open up the radiator completely. I would like to understand this better as I am not convinced on what is going on. I have not heard of Mahindra requesting for this or any news of it anywhere. Can you please have your manager call me later? Thank you.
[AC Lady] - Sure sir. We will get back to you. Thank you.

The above conversation leads me to believe that Mahindra is quietly doing a recall of sorts to fix an issue probably with a certain batch of XUV's. I would like to hear from this esteemed group if anyone has received such a call if there are any further insights anyone can provide. Thank you.
Heard that there is a transmission related major recall on one batch of new age xuvs.
Old 16th June 2016, 12:46   #3915
BHPian

Quote:
I was sitting on the desk and noticed an invoice with all the parts that are involved in the master cylinder failure in a 2 year old vehicle. I inquired about the invoice which was about 20k and did not show anything as warranty replacement. My RM confirmed the bill is for master cylinder failure and that Mahindra has stopped providing warranty for it for the past 3 months.
My friend's W6 suffered the same fate a couple of months back, when he was traveling back to Bangalore from Lonavala. He escalated this to the higher ups in Mahindra and got the master cylinder and other parts replaced free of cost. His vehicle is also 2 years old and has 33K on the odo. So, it is possible to get the parts replaced under warranty. Only thing is to know how to escalate and get the job done. Riding the clutch is not the reason for this failure, it is the bad part quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks