Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 00:40   #3961
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post
I suspect it is turbo problem. However, have never faced problems in accelerating beyond 90kmph, I am able to touch 100 with ease, as usual. The noise when I have the window down, is irritating. Even on long drive, in case I bring the window down, I do hear this extra noise in the engine bay. This noise of course, is only during the rpm in the 1100 to 1500. It is very pronounced in the 1000-1200.
You didn't describe the type of noise that is coming off the engine bay. Maybe its just a worn out or lose engine belt that is squeaking even a slight left right movement of the belt can cause a disturbing noise that may not be audible due to insulation when windows are closed.

A better way to inspect this would be open the hood and detect the noise, in the end MASS is the way to detect and rectify the problem.
Old 9th August 2016, 09:43   #3962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Each tap of the + or - button increases or decreases speed by approx 2kmph. Are you keeping the button pressed? If yes, then it is designed to disengage. The system feels that the button might have jammed and disables cruise for that ignition cycle. But if you press and leave... it will work. So let's say you are at 60kmph... and want to go to 70. just press and release the + button 5 times. This behavior is described in the user manual.

The resume button working is a new one. Check with the authorized service center.
The fundamentals of cruise is very well known and the problem is not in the fundamentals of usage. Very simple, after engine start when you are at 80, you want to cruise at that speed, you press the + button for 3 seconds to start. That itself is not working. Also, what I have stated is, instead of the +, if I use cruise off, it works like using the + button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
You didn't describe the type of noise that is coming off the engine bay. Maybe its just a worn out or lose engine belt that is squeaking even a slight left right movement of the belt can cause a disturbing noise that may not be audible due to insulation when windows are closed.

A better way to inspect this would be open the hood and detect the noise, in the end MASS is the way to detect and rectify the problem.
To me it appears like the turbo noise. As if it is not working. May be my ears are not able to catch it properly or something wrong, but I hear it only when I am inside the vehicle with window down, not when the hood is opened and I stand in front of it

Last edited by krishnaraja : 9th August 2016 at 09:45. Reason: Multi-quote
Old 9th August 2016, 09:49   #3963
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post
Also, what I have stated is, instead of the +, if I use cruise off, it works like using the + button!
Connections on the steering wheel buttons are reversed? May be!! Get it opened and checked by the technicians at ASC.

EDIT:

Get yourself an OBD 2 Reader. Hook it up and check the turbo boost readings. That should tell you if it is working or no.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th August 2016 at 09:50.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:35   #3964
BHPian

I own a W10 which is about 6 months old. Yesterday, it threw up an alert on tyre pressure saying that the pressure is low. Therefore, I went to a gas station and got all 4 wheels filled up as per the standard 32 psi. The warning did not go away. I opened up the screen and noticed that it is throwing this warning for the spare tyre which is at the back. You can also see the image of the alert here.

Either I do not understand the warning or the W10 is indeed somehow measuring the tyre pressure on the spare which I found surprising. Why would they want to measure the pressure of the spare (I have no complaints if it is actually doing so somehow)? Or has my sensor just gone bonkers? Would love to hear back from you.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-tiretronic-w10.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2016, 12:48   #3965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Why would they want to measure the pressure of the spare (I have no complaints if it is actually doing so somehow)? Or has my sensor just gone bonkers? Would love to hear back from you.
Isnn't it good that tyre pressure of spare is also measured?

Anyways, TPMS works with help of sensors attached on inside wall of alloys. Hence, it is required to have it on all 5 tyres. Else after a tyre rotation or changing a punctured tyre, you may end up a tyre without sensor.

In your case, it could be both- A faulty sensor or actually low pressure. You will have to fill the air and check. The issue with spare tyre sensor display is that, pressure is not displayed even in Bluesense app.

OT: I guess this was the most this thread was silent. No activity for full 2 weeks.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:56   #3966
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
...noticed that it is throwing this warning for the spare tyre which is at the back. You can also see the image of the alert here.

Either I do not understand the warning or the W10 is indeed somehow measuring the tyre pressure on the spare which I found surprising.
Yes, the tyretronics system does track pressure in all 5 tyres. The spare tyre is same size with a proper alloy just like the remaining 4. So its can be used as a proper tyre in case of a puncture and not as a temporary tyre till you get the puncture fixed.

Quote:
Why would they want to measure the pressure of the spare (I have no complaints if it is actually doing so somehow)?
When you have a puncture and want to use the spare tyre, nobody likes a nasty surprise that even that spare tyre does not have enough air. One would get stranded in such a situation. So tracking the pressure on the spare is a good logical thing to do.

Quote:
Or has my sensor just gone bonkers?
Just measure the pressure of the spare-tyre using a physical pressure gauge and you would know if the pressure is indeed low or the sensor has gone bad.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd August 2016 at 12:58.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:17   #3967
BHPian

My XUV W6 infotainment system started malfunctioning after 20K service in May.
I have been following up with Anant Cars and Mahindra customer care since then and it has not yet been resolved.

As a last resort i posted on Mahindra Xuv Facebook page on 4th August
https://www.facebook.com/MahindraXUV...82812258471004
Today I posted again as it is not yet resolved
https://www.facebook.com/MahindraXUV...12583852139135

One service centre having customer care issues is known and do happen with any company.
But state of Mahindra customer care is so pathetic I don't have words to explain.
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:58   #3968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The spare tyre is same size with a proper alloy just like the remaining 4. So its can be used as a proper tyre in case of a puncture and not as a temporary tyre till you get the puncture fixed.
For new-gen, it is not an alloy like 4 other tyres. Its a simple steel rim. Thats what I have - bought in Jun 2015. The refresh editions comes with alloy for fifth tyre?
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:59   #3969
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
My XUV W6 infotainment system started malfunctioning after 20K service in May.
I have been following up with Anant Cars and Mahindra customer care since then and it has not yet been resolved.

As a last resort i posted on Mahindra Xuv Facebook page on 4th August
One service centre having customer care issues is known and do happen with any company.
But state of Mahindra customer care is so pathetic I don't have words to explain.
Frankly, Facebook posts don't really help.

If not satisfied with response from customer-care, please escalate to Area-Customer-care-Manager (name, email, cell-no available with your service center) and if it is still not resolved write to VP-Customer-Care (email address available on XUV website).
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:35   #3970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
For new-gen, it is not an alloy like 4 other tyres. Its a simple steel rim. Thats what I have - bought in Jun 2015. The refresh editions comes with alloy for fifth tyre?
First gen like mine are with all 5 alloys. The new gen like yours are with 4 alloy + 1 steel rim.

I don't think there is change to the combination for new ones.

PIC
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:57   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Mine is a simple steel rim and not an alloy.
Old 4th September 2016, 05:15   #3972
BHPian

This 2013 XUV5oo W8 belongs to a friend of mine. The Odo reads just 11,500 kms.
Date and Time of Incident :01/09/2016, 11:45pm.
Problem : Engine refuses to start.
A little bit of background : Engine cranks normally, all tell-tale lights switch on/off as usual, no abnormal sound from the engine, half tank of fuel.

My friend called the Mahindra toll free helpline at around 11:45pm and they asked him to get the car towed to the nearest Mahindra workshop the next morning to diagnose the problem.

Later that night he calls me and we decide to check the car in daylight. We met early morning and upon quick inspection I find this fuel supply hose to be cracked and leaking.
Yes, the fuel line(low pressure side) which runs from the filter assembly to the high-pressure injection pump developed a crack. I was surprised to find a crack in this area since there is nothing in the proximity which could damage it either by heat or contact/friction.

As a temporary fix I disconnected the hose from the filter side and used an electrical tape to cover and seal the crack (after cleaning the hose with paper towel to get rid of the diesel so that the adhesive of the tape has nice clean surface to grip onto) . I then primed the manual pump and cranked the engine, it came to life within 5 seconds of cranking. Saved the hassle and expense of getting the car towed with this simple and effective fix.

The Hose was replaced later that day with a new one.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img1.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img2.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20160902_072844.jpg

The manual Fuel Pump
Name:  MAINT_015.png
Views: 5260
Size:  147.2 KB
interc00led is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 08:09   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
First gen like mine are with all 5 alloys. The new gen like yours are with 4 alloy + 1 steel rim.
Thats interesting. Mine is a first gen too (W8, Mar 2015) and it came with 4 alloys + 1 steel rim. I did notice this and asked the sales guy at the time of PDI and he confirmed thats how it was. Was I taken for a ride ?
Old 4th September 2016, 09:19   #3974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
This 2013 XUV5oo W8 belongs to a friend of mine. The Odo reads just 11,500 kms.
Date and Time of Incident :01/09/2016, 11:45pm.
Problem : Engine refuses to start.
A little bit of background : Engine cranks normally, all tell-tale lights switch on/off as usual, no abnormal sound from the engine, half tank of fuel.

My friend called the Mahindra toll free helpline at around 11:45pm and they asked him to get the car towed to the nearest Mahindra workshop the next morning to diagnose the problem.

Later that night he calls me and we decide to check the car in daylight. We met early morning and upon quick inspection I find this fuel supply hose to be cracked and leaking.
I faced the similar incident. Even i was asked to get the car towed. I was not that keen on getting the car towed so got it checked by a known mechanic.

So it turned out to be like yours but it was a major cut and it was due to rats activity because the cut was at couple of places. The position of the cut on the pipe was the same as yours.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:40   #3975
BHPian

After dealing with a driver side window winder which went kaput last week and was repaired under warranty, I've discovered that the parking sensor (left most sensor) has stopped working (it keeps beeping)

Also, the Airbag light has now come on, and stays on. Is this a major issue?
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1473135016827.jpg

I can't believe the car keeps having to go to the service centre week after week. Thank God for the extended warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks