Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2016, 09:56   #3721
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

During my last service, it seems like the service engineers did not reset the service due alert. Now every time I start driving the car, the alert pops up and stays there though the drive. Is there a way it can be reset by me? Anyone aware of any options in the infotainment unit or app ?
Old 16th January 2016, 10:45   #3722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Anyone aware of any options in the infotainment unit or app ?
I don't think it is possible to remove it via settings. I too once faced the same issue, however in my case it was just as I was getting out of service center.
Workshop guys connected laptop and cleared the same in some 5 mins.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 14:34   #3723
BHPian

I am facing an issue with my xuv for last couple of days. At times when I switch on the ignition, the ac blower will not start. Whatever settings you change there will not be any blower or ac. After running for few mts, it comes on suddenly and from then it works normal. Experienced this thrice since yesterday night. Has anyone else experienced this. Any idea what could cause this.
Old 17th January 2016, 14:57   #3724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
I am facing an issue with my xuv for last couple of days. At times when I switch on the ignition, the ac blower will not start. Whatever settings you change there will not be any blower or ac. After running for few mts, it comes on suddenly and from then it works normal. Experienced this thrice since yesterday night. Has anyone else experienced this. Any idea what could cause this.
In some cars, the blower starts after a few seconds after switching on the AC. These few seconds allow the AC to generate enough coldness (evaporator temperature) so that the blower blows cool air right from the start. There is a sensor in the AC system to monitor the evaporator temperature. If the sensor is taking time to generate the signal, this symptom can be seen.

Secondly, if your AC is taking time to get the coldness in the evaporator, you may see this symptom. The engine is turning the AC compressor pulley all the time. But the compressor rotates only when you switch on the AC. A small electromagnetic clutch inside the compressor pulley engages when you switch on the AC. This rotates the AC compressor and your AC starts working.

If the electromagnetic clutch has been sluggish in engaging, this problem may be caused.

Does the AC have adequate cooling?
Old 18th January 2016, 20:32   #3725
BHPian

Thanks Rahul. The ac does have adequate cooling.Today I spoke with the service manager at KTC Mahindra Kochi. He said this might be due to a faulty blower motor. He was saying there is a circular from Mahindra citing similar issue and the resolution as blower motor replacement. Need to get this done over the weekend.
Old 19th January 2016, 12:22   #3726
BHPian

I have been hearing a distinct noise from engine bay (inside the cabin also) once ac compressor switches on. It is different from normal compressor sound. Shown to service centre two times in last 2 years. They never took it seriously and kept telling me that it is not a serious issue and it would come down after service. 1 month post warranty, when I showed this again, they asked to replace whole ac assembly for Rs 27,000. Basically they kept waiting for warranty to expire and I did not take this seriously as AC was coolng fine and just that there was some little noise which I got used to ( I always play some music so it was bearable).

I am fighting with Mahindra to replace it under warranty as the problem was informed multiple times in past. I lost faith in there quality of their service now.
Old 19th January 2016, 12:52   #3727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I have been hearing a distinct noise from engine bay (inside the cabin also) once ac compressor switches on. It is different from normal compressor sound. Shown to service centre two times in last 2 years. They never took it seriously and kept telling me that it is not a serious issue and it would come down after service. 1 month post warranty, when I showed this again, they asked to replace whole ac assembly for Rs 27,000. Basically they kept waiting for warranty to expire and I did not take this seriously as AC was coolng fine and just that there was some little noise which I got used to ( I always play some music so it was bearable).

I am fighting with Mahindra to replace it under warranty as the problem was informed multiple times in past. I lost faith in there quality of their service now.
Are your past complaints there on the record? For example, if you have mentioned the symptoms on the job-card.

Take up this issue with the regional manager of Mahindra with this record. The phone number of the regional manager will be displayed in the service station.
Old 20th January 2016, 12:24   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Are your past complaints there on the record? For example, if you have mentioned the symptoms on the job-card.

Take up this issue with the regional manager of Mahindra with this record. The phone number of the regional manager will be displayed in the service station.
yes, it is recorder in job card history and I have taken a print out of the same. and I am in discussion with regional manager now.

one more issue I noticed that paint/polish for all handles from inside is peeling off ( in just 3 years).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-wp_20160120_11_10_54_pro.jpg  

avimal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 12:40   #3729
BHPian

Quote:
yes, it is recorder in job card history and I have taken a print out of the same. and I am in discussion with regional manager now.

one more issue I noticed that paint/polish for all handles from inside is peeling off ( in just 3 years).
Same here too.

Is it because of the poor paint quality, is it covered in the extended warranty. I have a similar issue with my Gear Knob too. It seems I have to Pay Rs. 1000 for a replacement.
Old 20th January 2016, 12:40   #3730
BHPian

I own the new age XUV W10 which I bought in December 2015. I am not sure if this qualifies as a niggle but would surely like to get the experts on this forum to comment.
  1. Whenever I go over a speed bump or pot hole and if it causes the vehicle to wobble from one side to the other, I hear a knocking sound from under the vehicle . I also feel it as feedback on my steering. It is almost as if there is a part which is swinging up and down like a spring or pendulum. I checked the under side of the car and could not find anything odd.
  2. I find the gap between the hood/bonnet of the car and the body to be quite large. I compared it to my neighbors W8 and felt that the gap in my W10 is wider. I tried closing the bonnet to make sure it is properly shut but to no avail. Not sure if anyone else has this issue or if am getting picky
Your comments and feedback are most welcome.
Old 20th January 2016, 13:10   #3731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
I own the new age XUV W10 which I bought in December 2015. I am not sure if this qualifies as a niggle but would surely like to get the experts on this forum to comment.
  1. Whenever I go over a speed bump or pot hole and if it causes the vehicle to wobble from one side to the other, I hear a knocking sound from under the vehicle . I also feel it as feedback on my steering. It is almost as if there is a part which is swinging up and down like a spring or pendulum. I checked the under side of the car and could not find anything odd.
  1. I had a similar issue, if not the same. With my 2012 W8, which was more related to braking. I got this checked by MASS and it went away with the replaced brake pads.

SInce yours is the 2015 W10, I am not sure whether it would be the same. Get it checked by MASS anyhow. BHPians with similar experience would help in the tech side.

Quote:
  2. I find the gap between the hood/bonnet of the car and the body to be quite large. I compared it to my neighbors W8 and felt that the gap in my W10 is wider. I tried closing the bonnet to make sure it is properly shut but to no avail. Not sure if anyone else has this issue or if am getting picky
Quote:
Your comments and feedback are most welcome.
More of a fitment issue, can be rectified at MASS. I did not find this problem on my XUV, but it is there with my ECosport, changing the Rubber bushes which holds the bonnet or aligning them would do the job.

Cheers
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 15:05   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Priyesh, this is a common problem with the XUV blower, I faced the same a couple of month ago. The blower shaft design seems to be the problem and hasnt been addressed. it takes dust and the blower motion itself produces some residual dust which tends to accumulate along the shaft. Once ample dust/carbon has accumulated the shaft starts to play the games. The problem will deteriorate gradually till the blower completely stops working.

As you said it starts working after a few meters, it must be some jerk that the car takes which shakes the blower and it starts. Take the car to the service center immediately and they will be able to clean it up and get it working normally. If ignored the blower will have to be replaced and the service centers usually run low on the supplies. I had to wait for 4 days before the service center could procure one.

I hope this helps.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:46   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Same here too.

Is it because of the poor paint quality, is it covered in the extended warranty. I have a similar issue with my Gear Knob too. It seems I have to Pay Rs. 1000 for a replacement.
For me the gear knob was changed under warranty, It had lost its paint, Also the handle was about to be changed but the since the part was not in stock i decided to delay that work, Since i could not keep the car with them till the part would have arrived.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 22:01   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Same here too.

Yes. It is because of poor quality. It just plastic handle with some paint. They repainted all handles free of cost.
Old 27th January 2016, 10:35   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
For me the gear knob was changed under warranty, It had lost its paint, Also the handle was about to be changed but the since the part was not in stock i decided to delay that work, Since i could not keep the car with them till the part would have arrived.
Tanveer, thanks for the update.

Do you know whether this is covered under extended warranty ? I am keen to understand whether this can be replaced under extended warranty.

Quote:
Yes. It is because of poor quality. It just plastic handle with some paint. They repainted all handles free of cost.
Wow, didn't know of this. I have to take my car back to get my steering lock replaced in a week. I shall surely get this work done too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks