Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2006, 21:57   #106
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news ..please provide feedback on it after the demo ..lots of pocketpc owners here on the forum.
Old 17th September 2006, 08:07   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
How much is Holux GPSlim in the US? Sellers in India really try to loot buyers here. mapking maps on ebay.in is a good example.
I guess I was getting the one from Amazon @ $98+$7 shipping or something and later I saw one at eBay @ $59 + $19 shipping.
I went for the later one.
Old 17th September 2006, 23:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Satguide maps

Does that satguide maps work with Garmin??

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Arre dude..did a lot of research..I know the seller selling Mapking maps
Cheers,
-sr
Old 18th September 2006, 01:23   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
Does that satguide maps work with Garmin??
Yes,they do work with Garmin GPS Pocket PC devices...I don't know about other Garmin devices compatibility..so,you can check with www.satguide.in for compatibility issues.
Cheers,
-sr
Old 18th September 2006, 13:45   #110
BHPian

Please provide your feedback, once you have tested the satguide map.
post feedbback in terms of its accuracy.
If anybody from mumbai, wants to compare it with mapking. I am ready.
We need to determine the exact accuracy of each maps.
The latest destinator software is ver 6, as per the destinator site.
Old 18th September 2006, 14:10   #111
BHPian

hey guys..the Satguide rep came today for a demo..went from Walkeshwar to Regal and back..

1. The map is DEFINITELY better in terms of accuracy than mapking map..I mean atleast Satguide shows the vehicle on the exact road on which we are travelling,while the mapking map is off track most of the times..specially when there is another adjacent parallel road present to the one on which we are travelling.
I would say that the Satguide Mumbai map is maybe like atleast accurate to 30 metres,while the mapking was offcourse like around 300metres !..so,Satguide is much better.

2. The 3D navigation feature is better in the Mapking map..Satguide does have a 3D feature..but it's surely better in the mapking..but what's the use of it if mapking isn't accurate.

3. Satguide people provide Destinator 5,and not Destinator 6 right now..but yes,Destinator 6 has been released in other countries.

4. Pricing of Satguide is Rs2990 ,which includes a CD containing Destinator 5 mapping software,1 city map and License Key..Mapking is for Rs1400 per city..so,Satguide is double the price..but surely much more accurate.

5. Satguide people are working on an update,which according to the rep would be out in 3-4 months,and customers will be provided the updated version free of cost on their GPS Pocket PC devices.

6. I felt there are more small lane names provided in the Satguide map vs the Mapking map.

7.Searching POIs feature in Satguide better and more user friendly than mapking software.

8.Voice prompts good clear and loud in both,mapking and Satguide..but again,Satguide more accurate..

8.Excellent Customer Care/After sales service by Satguide..they reply emails,you can call them in their India offices provided on their website..etc..while Mapking people aren't based in India..they have tied up with some company here to make Indian city maps,and when I emailed Mapking support to give them feedback on their Mumbai map about it's inaccuracy,they replied back AFTER 5 DAYS ,and just mentioned that it has been forwarded to their India office,and NO ONE EVER replied back to me from India office..(I had emailed mapking like around 4-5 weeks back !).

8.Am ordering for the Mumbai map by tomorrow and then as I use it more,will get more oriented with it,and will be able to provide more feedback on the Satguide maps.

9.Whatever said and done,but the Satguide maps AREN'T as accurate as the ones I use in US,which are the MapSource maps..but well,surely within probably 1-2 years,India will have the same kind of totally accurate maps for cities and at cheaper prices as the GPS industry grows here in India.

Cheers,
-sr

Last edited by srasania : 18th September 2006 at 14:18.
Old 18th September 2006, 14:20   #112
BHPian

wow, that a good feedback. Even I have emailed Satguide people to provide a demo based on your feedback.
The best part of satguide as per your feedback would be the software/map update feature ,i guess.
Can we use the map on Destinator 6 also?
Old 19th September 2006, 09:13   #113
Senior - BHPian

Satguide

I think I too will call the satguide people for a demo on my iQue3200 Garmin if it is compatible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
wow, that a good feedback. Even I have emailed Satguide people to provide a demo based on your feedback.
The best part of satguide as per your feedback would be the software/map update feature ,i guess.
Can we use the map on Destinator 6 also?
Old 19th September 2006, 14:41   #114
BHPian

I have been doing a research on gps units lately and only today i thought let me check tbhp - and here is just the thread that i was looking for..

I am based in gurgaon and had tried the mapking delhi - ncr 2 day trial on my imate kjam pdaphone. Do not have a gps unit as yet, but tried it on to see the details provided in the map, its good for delhi, but for gurgaon, sorry... is not covered nicely...

i have asked for a demo for satguide as well.. should get one tomorrow.. .let me see how it fares in gurgaon... :-)

my brother is in the us and i have ordered a holux gpslim236 bt receiver + destinator 6 software through him.. which i hope to be able to use with the satguide maps if I buy those..
will be getting it in a couple of weeks when i make a trip there...
Old 19th September 2006, 19:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Arre dude..did a lot of research..I know the seller selling Mapking maps on ebay India is charging more..because I know mapking.com sells Mumbai map for US $30..
Also - Now,as I had rightly mentioned in my last post - SatGuide has started selling their map too..
Here is DIRECT ONLINE EBAY INDIA PAGE :
http://cgi.ebay.in/SatGuide-Mumbai-G...QQcmdZViewItem

You can check with Mr.Dinakar..whos cell no. is mentioned on the site...the prices of their maps were Rs10,000 just a few days back..they have reduced the prices to Rs2,990..
Rs2,990 Includes :
1.Destinator 5 GPS Navigation Software on CD
2.Mumbai Map
3.License Key for Registering/Activating Map on GPS Device.
but the Satguide people were selling only mapping software for Rs10,000/city(if one has his own GPS device).

Have called in for a Demo for monday..will post about it,and will probably buy their software if it's good.
Cheers,
-sr
Looks like I spoke too soon..
Now,Satguide people tell me that putting up the auction online on ebay India is by mistake,and say that the Software+Map +Lic Key is Rs7,000 and not Rs2990 !..Rs2990 IS ONLY FOR THE MUMBAI MAP..NOT THE DESTINATOR SOFTWARE..!
You can check on the ebay auction page mentioned above..I had asked them the question whether Rs2990 includes the software(Destinator 5),plus Map,Plus Lic Key,and they answered it is included,now,calling Mr.Dinakar,he's not receiving my cell calls,and just emailed me that I have to speak to someone else at their Chennai No.,because he is "going on long leave"..nice excuse after putting up bull **** fraudulent content auctions..I'm reporting it to ebay support services.
They have NOW MODIFIED THE AUCTION STATING THE PRICE ONLY HAS MUMBAI MAP AND LIC KEY..and we need the Destinator software !..
But check scrolling down on the auction page..I had asked them whether the price includes the mapping software,and they (Mr.Dinakar) replied Mapping Software,Mumbai Map and Lic Key INCLUDED IN THE PRICE..
I can't afford the 'NEW' price since I'll be leaving India after my med college is over in like another 6 months..,SatGuide have surely earned a bad reputation atleast in my mind about their company being so unprofessional.

Best,
-sr

Last edited by srasania : 19th September 2006 at 19:19.
Old 19th September 2006, 19:42   #116
BHPian

By the way - they have stated that Rs7000 will also include Hyderabad and Delhi free of cost..

Best,
-sr

Last edited by srasania : 19th September 2006 at 19:44.
Old 20th September 2006, 10:42   #117
BHPian

there it goes again, i dont know why these companies always mess up..

i had mailed satguide guys and have not receivied any response from them yet.

If you get the maps for 2990 (mumbai,delhi , ect) we can manage the software.
Old 20th September 2006, 13:59   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
there it goes again, i dont know why these companies always mess up..

i had mailed satguide guys and have not receivied any response from them yet.

If you get the maps for 2990 (mumbai,delhi , ect) we can manage the software.
You bet..messing it up royally..you know,the Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderabad Maps+Software+Lic Key is on ebay India by them for Rs7500..but when I called up Mumbai office,they say it'll cost Rs10,000,that too Mapping Software,License Key and ONLY Mumbai map..!!..shows just how mismanaged their company is..though the maps/products are good..
Cheers,
-sr
Old 20th September 2006, 14:03   #119
BHPian

Quote:
putting up bull **** fraudulent content auctions..I'm reporting it to ebay support services.
Best,
-sr
Checked their auction today..I guess ebay have banned/deregistered their company(Ebay User ID satguide) from selling on the site after the complaint to support services..

-sr

Last edited by srasania : 20th September 2006 at 14:04.
Old 20th September 2006, 21:31   #120
BHPian

I got a demo today.... the guy had got the satguide pocketpc... moved in and around gurgaon sector 18, 21,22, is covered OK.. better than mapking i would say at least for the gurgaon area... the newer sectors of course are not mapped very well... but good enough for a start.
will talk about hte pricing tomorrow.. but i was told it'll be 3k per city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks