Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
According to what little I know of the law, I think for cars you don't need a check for the first one year. After the one year you need to get a pollution check every six months.
Every three months - in the NCR, at least, its a 90 day validity
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:09   #47
BHPian

Get one done anyway.
One wouldn't need a pollution check for a year on a new car but the cops may not accept the sticker that comes with the car. They say," company ka nahin chalega, Governament PUC dihao " 1st hand experience with a month old ikon.
They also insist on seeing the original insurance at times, but dont hand anything over.
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Get it done. It hardly costs Rs.50. It will do away with haggling with cops. Better be prepared than wait for the outcome...
Old 2nd January 2010, 20:02   #49
BHPian

Who is correct ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
PUC for All new cars in valid only for first 3 months, you have to get it done after that. This is what Hyundai guys told me and they are 100% sure of that. Rest RTO knows
I am also told by Maruti guys that even for a new car, the green PUC sticker pasted by them is valid for only 3 months. After that every 3 months, I will need to get PUC done.

Whereas, according to the below Delhi Govt website link, I dont need PUC for first year:
Quote:
Pollution Control

Q5 When does a vehicle require a PUC Certificate?
Ans. After the expiry of period of one year from the date of first registration, every motor vehicle is required to carry a valid PUC Certificate & subsequently after every three months.
Someone please clarify what is correct.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
I am also told by Maruti guys that even for a new car, the green PUC sticker pasted by them is valid for only 3 months. After that every 3 months, I will need to get PUC done.

Whereas, according to the below Delhi Govt website link, I dont need PUC for first year:
Someone please clarify what is correct.
Can anyone update on this old thread queries. I am asking because the other days the cops stopped me and asked for the PUC. I showed them the one given by Ford when I had taken the delivery of the vehicle. As per them the PUC was valid for 6 months. Lucky me, got saved at that moment but the doubt crept in my mind about the frequency of PUC getting done and happened to chance upon this old thread. Can BHPians please clarify this doubt and now that after BSIV norms are introduced how strictly would the PUC be required & at what intervals does this need to be done.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:18   #51
Senior - BHPian

To escape harrasment by cops, please get a PUC done folks - be it on a 1 day old car. No use of discussing subclauses of law at 9.30 in the night with cops.
I had a PUC done 2 minute after the car was delivered from showroom (and the salesperson insisted I do so, for the reason mentioned above).
Only costs 100-120 bucks in Kolkata (with photo of license plate and everything).
Always carry the photocopy of following in your car - license, registration, insurance, PUC, tax token. Also carry the original drivers license on you, but never hand over the originals to the cops in India.

Last edited by blackasta : 22nd April 2010 at 20:19.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Always carry the photocopy of following in your car - license, registration, insurance, PUC, tax token. Also carry the original drivers license on you, but never hand over the originals to the cops in India.
Photocopy of Registration book is not treated as valid document
you have to have it in original, or have a Green Card to be able to been exempted from carrying original R.C.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Photocopy of Registration book is not treated as valid document
you have to have it in original, or have a Green Card to be able to been exempted from carrying original R.C.
Dont know about valid/invalid, but I carry only the photocopy of every doc + valid DL on me. There have been multiple (read countless) occurances where police have just seized the registration smart card/drivers license for no reason and then made the driver/owner pay off to their whims.
Same thing is advised in this forum too!
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:56   #54
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Dont know about valid/invalid, but I carry only the photocopy of every doc + valid DL on me. There have been multiple (read countless) occurances where police have just seized the registration smart card/drivers license for no reason and then made the driver/owner pay off to their whims.
+1 to that. I never carry my originals with me when I travel. When I drive out of the state, I carry the originals in my luggage. I was once stopped in Kerala for a routine check at the TN-Kerala border and the cops accepted the photocopies of the documents and let me pass.

Within the city, copies should suffice.
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:23   #55
BANNED

The greatest evil is the so called Green Card. It has no legal validity, and is not valid in even the next town. A friend of mine was silly enough to be conned into it, went to Lucknow (next door) to pick up his daughter, was stopped, and they refused to accept the green card. of souse the 'letter' bearing the RBI Governors signature covers all sins. I have a friend who carries a 'notarized' copy of his RC. Nobody has even questioned him. I think technically the Notarized copy has the same force as the original!

Last edited by sgiitk : 23rd April 2010 at 14:25.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

re: Pollution check for new car?

Guys, has the PUC rule for a new car changed by any chance? I took my 7 month old VW Polo for a check up at the workshop and the service advisor said that my car needs a PUC check since apparently for a new petrol car, the validity is just 6 months.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Earlier in Hyderabad both petrol and diesel cars used to cost the same Rs.50. However this guy told me that the E-III norms for diesel are much stricter and needs more equipments and hence the rates for diesel cars have been escalated to Rs.100.
This is certainly not true, the E-III norms are stricter but the BS-III is partly equivalent to E-III, the last time when I was at the PUC center, I saw a BS-II Maruti and a BS-IV Santro being tested with the same equipment of-course they are Petrol but still the reasoning holds.
Old 16th May 2011, 00:52   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratikraveesh View Post
This is certainly not true, the E-III norms are stricter but the BS-III is partly equivalent to E-III, the last time when I was at the PUC center, I saw a BS-II Maruti and a BS-IV Santro being tested with the same equipment of-course they are Petrol but still the reasoning holds.
Its simple pratikraveesh. A BS-IV test ready equipment can always test for a more lenient BS-II norm. So it is not surprising that you saw what you saw since most equipments today can check up to BS IV norms as that is the current standard. Backward compatibility is always built in...

My comment that you quoted is a very old one when the transition was just about happening. So the person at that time would have thought of charging higher as he would have invested some $$$ to upgrade his equipments at that time. That is how the world works. To give an analogy, a new model car when introduced fresh in the market charges a higher price (more often than not) when compared to the outgoing model as the company tries to cash in on the demand for the latest and also recover its investments. As the years passes you may though see this enthusiasm taper off and may even see discounts on the same car.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:30   #59
BHPian

I read in TOI today that Delhi Transport department has renewed its pollution certificate drive. I then checked on their website that the fine was 900 bucks, though I know that a new vehicle doesnot require a PUC certificate for the first three months from the date of sale, but I noticed that my SX4 D was not having the usual blue Maruti PUC certificate (it was there on my Swift D). So to be on the safer side I got the PUC done.

I got it done from the IOC petrol pump located at Sarai Kale Khan. Though the charge mentioned was Rs.60 for diesel vehicle, the guy asked me for Rs.70. Pollution testing = Rs.60, PUC sticker/tag = Rs. 10. There was mentioned on his cabin "In case of overcharging please contact 42400400", I called on this number and the person who picked the phone told me that this helpline is for only auto rickshaw/taxi over charging issues. I told him that its written to call on this number in case of any overcharging. He asked me to drop my issue in the "complaint box" which was absent there. Then he told me to visit the website and lodge a complaint there. By this time the PUC testing guy was assured that I would not budge and asked me to give Rs.60. I just told him that I would have paid whatever amount had it been justified, on this he said that I can find out about this on any PUC center across Delhi. Can anyone who gets their PUC checked verify this? or was this chap trying to make some extra buck.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:02   #60
BHPian

My New Manza is registered on 7th March '11 though it was manufactured in the month of Nov' 10.

Which date do I need to follow for counting the six months of the PUC from the manufacturer?
Do I need to get the PUC immediately in case of the Manufacturing date is considered. I need to hurry then.
Experts, Pls clarify.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks