Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 09:08   #121
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pollution check for new car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is there a official notification for this ? The PUC cert I got says this, but the test centre guy said it is not yet in force. Contradictory statement.
See my earlier posts on this.

I always go to the same testing centre and the folks there told me that the system automatically figures it out (they don't know exactly what parameters are used!) but they think it is for vehicles manufactured after 2011. I think one way to find out is when these guys enter the data into the system for the first time when a vehicle is tested. The system probably just uses the status of BS IV certification in determining the validity on the certificate (1 year validity) and everything else less than BS IV has a 6 month validity. They also ask for the RC when you get the car tested the first time and this kind of explains my hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
The guy running the joint told me of the change and asked me to pay INR 180 instead of INR 90.
What is the charge for 1 year ?
That guy is taking you for a ride with the Rs.180 charge. He still took you for a ride charging Rs.90 and making the validity 6 months (wondering how he managed to do this though!).
Just 3 weeks ago I got the PUC test done for our WagonR and paid Rs.90 and certificate has a validity of 1 year.

Last edited by NPV : 6th August 2018 at 09:14.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 09:29   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The system probably just uses the status of BS IV certification in determining the validity on the certificate (1 year validity) and everything else less than BS IV has a 6 month validity. They also ask for the RC when you get the car tested the first time and this kind of explains my hunch.
I was thinking of asking the cops - or RTO guys. If the 1 year duration for BS-IV is valid. I was refering to the validity part - if the people checking will accept that 1 year thing
Old 6th August 2018, 09:46   #123
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of asking the cops - or RTO guys. If the 1 year duration for BS-IV is valid. I was refering to the validity part - if the people checking will accept that 1 year thing
This shouldn't be a problem in my opinion at least for vehicles in Karnataka since the Karnataka RTO website will also show the vehicle's PUC status as mentioned in your printed certificate. It also has history of every PUC test done for the car with all details.

Earlier post with RTO site link - here (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?)

Last edited by NPV : 6th August 2018 at 09:50.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 20:11   #124
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was refering to the validity part - if the people checking will accept that 1 year thing
Just checked the latest PUC Certificate and it has clearly called it out (BS IV and later has 1 year validity, BS III and below has 6 months, Pan India). So, this and the fact that all PUC records are available on the Karnataka RTO website, I think we're good

Pollution check for new car?-puc-cert.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 8th August 2018 at 20:14.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 17:17   #125
BHPian

Re: Pollution check for new car?

I have a query regarding my bike's PUC certificate. I purchased the bike in March 2018 and the manual say's that my BS-IV compliant bike has a certification that is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Technically speaking, I wasn't given any such certificate (or receipt, if any) from the dealer during or post the delivery.
Not that I have been stopped for papers till date, but if I am indeed stopped for the same, how do I show them that the bike is certified to be pollution free?
Do I need to show them my manual (which say's that the bike is emission compliant for 1 year post purchase) and RC (which shows that the bike is less than a year old) to prove the same?
Do I need to get the PUC certificate from my dealer (if any)?

Another query, will the next PUC certificate that I purchase be valid for 6 months or a year? (I live in Thane/Mumbai).

P.S. I know it's relatively cheap to get the bike's PUC done but I wanted to know how this first year PUC thing works nonetheless.

Sorry if I've missed any information in the previous posts.
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
I have a query regarding my bike's PUC certificate. I purchased the bike in March 2018 and the manual say's that my BS-IV compliant bike has a certification that is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Technically speaking, I wasn't given any such certificate (or receipt, if any) from the dealer during or post the delivery.
Not that I have been stopped for papers till date, but if I am indeed stopped for the same, how do I show them that the bike is certified to be pollution free?
Do I need to show them my manual (which say's that the bike is emission compliant for 1 year post purchase) and RC (which shows that the bike is less than a year old) to prove the same?
Do I need to get the PUC certificate from my dealer (if any)?

Another query, will the next PUC certificate that I purchase be valid for 6 months or a year? (I live in Thane/Mumbai).

P.S. I know it's relatively cheap to get the bike's PUC done but I wanted to know how this first year PUC thing works nonetheless.

Sorry if I've missed any information in the previous posts.
Did you get an answer on this?

I have a similar question for a scooter - Vespa, which I purchased in October 2018. It is also BS IV, btw.
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:15   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Did you get an answer on this?

I have a similar question for a scooter - Vespa, which I purchased in October 2018. It is also BS IV, btw.
Unfortunately, I haven't got any response or a solution for this issue till date. Please update this thread in case you happen to find an answer to this problem.
Old 5th May 2019, 10:45   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't got any response or a solution for this issue till date. Please update this thread in case you happen to find an answer to this problem.
I too haven't gotten a separate document, but the dealer is saying that the RC will suffice as PUC for 1 year. I am not 100% sure about this though.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:43   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs.giri View Post
I too haven't gotten a separate document, but the dealer is saying that the RC will suffice as PUC for 1 year. I am not 100% sure about this though.
I've asked a few cops in my area and they said a PUC certificate is valid only for 6 months. I told them that my bike is BS-IV emission compliant and even the manual of the motorcycle says that PUC check needs to be done only once a year. But they refused to accept it saying they haven't got any notification/update regarding the same.
Old 16th August 2019, 12:36   #130
BHPian

I have achieved ' 0 ' standard measurable emission long back (2015) in my Alto - thread here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4639319 (Understanding PUC (Pollution under control) certificate readings)

Last edited by eapen : 16th August 2019 at 12:44.
Old 10th January 2021, 22:13   #131
BHPian

Today I was travelling from Pune to Ahmedabad, and just before entering Ahmedabad city, was stopped by cops. They asked for all documents, and I had them all except for PUC, my vehicle was registered in Jun 2020. He bluntly said 6 months is the validity for new vehicles, I knew it was 1 year, but wasn't confident. He took advantage of that, and asked for money. Had to shell out INR 1000, as I was already tired and not in a mood to argue. Checked in to the hotel, and started searching for it, finally found it and thus thought of sharing for everyone's use.

Gujrat RTO: https://cot.gujarat.gov.in/puc.htm
Clearly states validity as 1 year.

Hope it helps someone in future.
Old 11th January 2021, 15:27   #132
BHPian

The cops are notorious for extorting money, any way possible. So, as soon as I got my number plates affixed, got my PUC done. It's just Rs. 100 and 15 minutes of our time. It saves a lot of pain down the line with the cops
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 13:21   #133

Hi, I wanted to do emission testing for my Kia-Carnival since it is going to be 1-year since purchase.

The emission testing center, inside HP petrol bunk in Kundalahalli, Bangalore could not do that. They connected their equipment, revved up the car for 5 to 10 minutes and then said this being a new BS-VI and 'non-polluting car' there are issues in measuring the emission. They were saying this problem of not being able to measure is "typical" with "high-end" cars like Benz and Audi etc. He asked me to drive for some more time and come back. Their reasoning and explanation were vague and not at all convincing.

Traffic police are going to insist on a valid certificate I can't give lame excuses like this. I am doubting if their equipment can measure emissions from BS-VI. Does someone have any suggestions or opinion on this? Any recommendation on where one could do the emission testing for BS-VI diesel vehicles, in Bangalore around the Marthahalli area? Thanks, for your help/opinions/suggestions.
Old 7th March 2021, 18:45   #134
BANNED

Some states are not respecting the one year for BS-IV. In Kanpur I was given an eight month PUC for my BS-IV Brio. Now we had it done in Gurugram and got the 12 month certificate.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed