Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2017, 20:52   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: Pollution check for new car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
If any one has any solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate.
Have you checked with the dealership if they have a solution or a reliable place to get this done? I would take that route first.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 23:20   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you checked with the dealership if they have a solution or a reliable place to get this done? I would take that route first.
Thanks for your reply. I asked them, but they have no clue about this issue and they also advised me to go to the centers that are located in the petrol stations.
Old 8th April 2017, 07:58   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Thanks for your reply. I asked them, but they have no clue about this issue and they also advised me to go to the centers that are located in the petrol stations.
Have you tried enquiring with fellow owners in your city?

They must be doing the Pollution check, right?!
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:52   #109
BHPian

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, posting here for suggestions.

I got Pollution Check done yesterday at an emission center near Electronics City RTO for PUC certificate. My car is 2013 i20 and the Registration card mentions it as BSIV compliant car that I also knew. By rule, BSIV vehicles' PUC certificate should be valid for 1 year against BSIII and older for which the validity is 6 months (it was mentioned on the PUC certificate/print).

But the validity shown on the certificate was only 6 months. The test person's argument is that he cannot decide or change dates and the certificate itself has no mention if my vehicle is BSIII or BSIV. He said the software generates the Validity period and he cannot do anything.

Is this correct OR is his software faulty/not updated?

Edit: Found related information in another thread in posts after at this link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4151045

Seems the center guys do not take note of correct data and just enters year and on the transport website I see my car as BSII
Pollution check for new car?-capture.jpg

Last edited by vidyanand : 2nd August 2017 at 12:15. Reason: Updating Content with Info
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:28   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I got Pollution Check done yesterday at an emission center near Electronics City RTO for PUC certificate. My car is 2013 i20 and the Registration card mentions it as BSIV compliant car that I also knew. By rule, BSIV vehicles' PUC certificate should be valid for 1 year against BSIII and older for which the validity is 6 months (it was mentioned on the PUC certificate/print).

But the validity shown on the certificate was only 6 months. The test person's argument is that he cannot decide or change dates and the certificate itself has no mention if my vehicle is BSIII or BSIV. He said the software generates the Validity period and he cannot do anything.
The software has an option to choose BS-III or BS-IV before finalizing the certificate. I had to insist on BS-IV being chosen in the software - The testing person does not choose this because they can get your business for 2 times a year instead of once when they choose BS-IV.

Finally agreed to pay extra and only then he entered BS-IV in the software. This was at the IOC CoCo on Mahadevpura Road
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 20:20   #111
BHPian

What people say here is that BS4 norms + software are still not available to the test centres, so they keep testing according to old norms and keep issuing six-month validity. One 'green' activist has even moved the Calcutta High Court or the National Green tribunal (Eastern) on this, I forget which, because this activist makes so many representations before the court that it is difficult to keep track !
As for me, I am so used to six-monthly checks for so many years since the system started, that I am just used to it, and forget to query when I go for the check-up ! Must remember to ask next time !
Old 7th August 2017, 09:27   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
What people say here is that BS4 norms + software are still not available to the test centres
My Service Center did not have their machine working last time when I was in for service. Next time I will get it tested only there. Hopefully they will have correct updates.
Old 6th September 2017, 13:10   #113
BHPian

We got a diesel vehicle from Punjab about 5 months back. The Hyundai sales representative told us every new vehicle is certified to be fit for a period of 6months.

Today I was stopped in a PUC check drive in Noida (UP). The policeman claimed UP follows a 3month rule. I made him speak to the sales rep who claimed Hyundai certifies it for a period of 6months but the policeman didn't agree. No amount of logic went inside his head. I had to pay the challan to avoid running circles around the traffic court (where I could've tried reasoning again).

Later I went to a PUC check centre who also gave me a bland statement - UP follows a 3 month rule, whether new car or old!

Interesting thing is, PUC centres in Delhi provide a PUC valid upto 1 year from the date of check while UP still issues one for 3months.
Old 8th September 2017, 23:51   #114
BHPian

As per the norms the pollution under control certification is not required for a brand new car for a period of six months from the date of purchase but then why do in first place the latest technologically advanced zero emission vehicles need a PUC check at all. I have been driving a Maruti Dzire Vxi (Euro 4 Model) for last four and a half years and have clocked 42,600 kms. Have got PUC prepared seven times since the beginning of ownership and everytime the vehicle passes the test with extremely lower emission values than the prescribed limits. So no wonder the question doubting the very need of PUC is bound to rise. Does PUC check serve any purpose in real or is it just an unjustified way for the government to earn revenue? What about the heavy commercial vehicles who cough up clouds of smoke? Are they being seriously monitored and penalized for the heavy pollution they cause?
Old 19th April 2018, 12:04   #115
BHPian

Did the pollution certificate norms change in Bangalore? I used to get the PUC validity for 6 months only. Last week I renewed the PUC (S-Cross) and the new certificate says validity for 1 Year. It was a pleasant surprise.
Old 25th April 2018, 19:32   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Did the pollution certificate norms change in Bangalore? I used to get the PUC validity for 6 months only. Last week I renewed the PUC (S-Cross) and the new certificate says validity for 1 Year. It was a pleasant surprise.
It was there for BS IV vehicles onward but the software with vendors was crappy or not updated.

This month I asked the guy to select BS IV in system so that I have 1 yr validity and he said Sir this is default for all vehicles and it will show 1 year. He pulled up a TATA Sumo number to show me. It still had the option to select BS 3 or 4. So I guessed they updated the software to allow for 1 yr by default for newer vehicles.
Old 25th April 2018, 19:55   #117
BHPian

I also got a PUC with a validity of one year for my S Cross (June 2016), while I got a PUC with a validity of 6 months for my wife's Nano (March 2016).

Both the tests were done within weeks of each other, at different testing centres.
Old 25th April 2018, 20:27   #118
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Did the pollution certificate norms change in Bangalore? I used to get the PUC validity for 6 months only. Last week I renewed the PUC (S-Cross) and the new certificate says validity for 1 Year
BS IV vehicles onwards should have 1 year validity for PUC certificates.

At the testing center that I use, they mentioned that they're unable to select BS III or IV in the system and it is auto-populated (they mentioned it as manufacturing year being 2011 or later is assumed to be BS IV).
Old 6th August 2018, 07:29   #119
BHPian

I did for my car last week and the validity showed 1 year, but, the charges were mentioned as INR 90. The guy running the joint told me of the change and asked me to pay INR 180 instead of INR 90. I refused, he redid the entire test, changed the validity to 6 months and charged INR 90. Since the amount of labour and equipment needed to test is the same for both, I feel INR 90 is appropriate.

What is the charge for 1 year ?
Old 6th August 2018, 07:57   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
BS IV vehicles onwards should have 1 year validity for PUC certificates.
Is there a official notification for this ? The PUC cert I got says this, but the test centre guy said it is not yet in force. Contradictory statement.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks