Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 15:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
- Was the cop right in letting me through ? I mean, was I right in guessing that a new car will not require an emission test for the first 1 year ?
Technically yes. Any new vehicle will be certified as "Emission Tested OK" by the manufacturer and it holds good for the first year.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:29   #77
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Technically yes. Any new vehicle will be certified as "Emission Tested OK" by the manufacturer and it holds good for the first year.
Are you sure about this ? I thought so too but when I took delivery of a new scooter couple days ago, the dealership folks mentioned that the new vehicle's PUC is only valid for 6 months.
Not sure if this is only in Karnataka and for 2 wheelers (but 1 year validity for cars ?)
EDIT:The sticker only has date of sale, no validity date!

Came across this on the Karnataka RTO's website - you can actually enter your vehicle number and get the history of all Pollution checks done for the vehicle
Link

Last edited by NPV : 21st January 2015 at 11:45.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 08:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My Punto's PUC expires by this coming weekend. The place where I normally do the PUC refused to do the PUC saying diesel vehicles testing isnt cost effective, he prefers PUC for petrol vehicles only.
The one I referred to is the BPCL petrol bunk at Majiwade, Thane
Finally got the PUC done for the Punto at the same location as mentioned after a talk with the bunk owner. The whole process took about 15 mins and costed me Rs 120/- . While I was doing the PUC, a couple of MUV & SUV too enquired if they can get their vehicles tested but the technician flatly refused to do the same for bigger vehicles. The reason was insufficient parking to carry out the PCU testing.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:24   #79
BANNED

I heard somewhere that for BS-IV vehicles PUC is valid for one year? True or false, and if true some link to the notification.
Old 11th February 2015, 12:26   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I heard somewhere that for BS-IV vehicles PUC is valid for one year? True or false, and if true some link to the notification.
The validity is one year. Gazette notification by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways published 23 Feb 2012 is attached (PDF).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf E_75_2012_047.pdf (84.0 KB, 765 views)
manuc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 12:08   #81
BHPian

The stupidity of the rule is the fixed date of APril 1st, 2010 irrespective of BS4 compliance. I bought my Swift P, K Series, BS4 in Feb 2010 and the registration date is Mar 29, 2010. This rule means my car is not eligible for 1 year PUC!!

It is such a waste of time, resources and money to get PUC every 3 months. The govt. needs to introduce car fitness tests similar to western markets instead of juct checking for pollution and also relax the PUC norms for all BS4 vehicles!
Old 30th March 2015, 13:09   #82
MSC
BHPian

The P.U.C. is always asked by cops from car owners . This is when almost every car is at least Euro 2 compliant.No one will ask for such certificate from state transport authority buses. which are always overloaded.
Every one knows how these commercial vehicles get their P.U.C.
The vehicle is parked close to computer,its photo taken and then without even inserting the smoke sensor ,the certificate is printed out with pre determined readings. And in this way even the most polluting buses and trucks obtain their P.U.C.
Old 14th December 2015, 11:58   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
The P.U.C. is always asked by cops from car owners . This is when almost every car is at least Euro 2 compliant.No one will ask for such certificate from state transport authority buses. which are always overloaded.
Every one knows how these commercial vehicles get their P.U.C.
The vehicle is parked close to computer,its photo taken and then without even inserting the smoke sensor ,the certificate is printed out with pre determined readings. And in this way even the most polluting buses and trucks obtain their P.U.C.
That's how it works for cars these days in NCR!

Our current PUC system here is a fraud unlike Chennai (Adyar, Ganesh fuels, to be precise!!)

Since I came to Delhi in April, all my FOUR PUCs (at different points in Gurgaon and Delhi) for my diesel swift have not even hooked up a sensor to the car's tail pipe, much less measure anything.

They should clean up this crappy system asap. They should also check 100% of buses and trucks and commercial vehicles, and fine even trucks passing delhi if they are visibly polluting. Maybe that'll help Delhi CM in his pollution goals more!
Old 14th December 2015, 12:14   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
The validity is one year. Gazette notification by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways published 23 Feb 2012 is attached (PDF).
Is this true for 2 wheelers also? It's a pain to get PUC done every 3 months. I read the notification, but couldn't find the mention of 2 wheelers
Old 31st January 2016, 21:01   #85
BHPian

I got PUC done in Haryana for a Delhi number plate car, the guy doing it said its all good and can be done anywhere in India irrespective of registration state.

Want to double check on that to be sure. Any pointers?
Old 1st February 2016, 06:28   #86
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
Want to double check on that to be sure. Any pointers?
Yes, the PUC is valid all over the country.
In fact, it's better you get it done in your home city+state these days as it also serves as proof when there are checks for out of state cars being used in another state and the question of state road tax payments comes up.
Old 1st February 2016, 19:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

Am quite surprised to read this but specifically w.r.t. Dilli PUC centres.

For starters not all PUC centres are authorised to carry out the test for diesel vehicles, only certain specific centres have the required machines for that and at least in the South and Central Dilli areas PUC procedure at all centres that I have frequented has been quite thorough

Which centres in Dilli have you had this experience at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Since I came to Delhi in April, all my FOUR PUCs (at different points in Gurgaon and Delhi) for my diesel swift have not even hooked up a sensor to the car's tail pipe, much less measure anything.
Old 1st February 2016, 20:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Nobody is bothered about PUC in Chennai; you can be on a vehicle belching smoke, halt it near a traffic cop and ask for directions! I have never once been stopped on the road and checked for it in all these years. So much so, even I have stopped bothering about it now. I maintain my car and bike diligently, so what the hell!
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:02   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Am quite surprised to read this but specifically w.r.t. Dilli PUC centres.

For starters not all PUC centres are authorised to carry out the test for diesel vehicles, only certain specific centres have the required machines for that and at least in the South and Central Dilli areas PUC procedure at all centres that I have frequented has been quite thorough

Which centres in Dilli have you had this experience at?
1. Can't recall now. I'll get it done over the coming weekend and let you know.
2. in Chennai (Adyar, Ganesh testing center) - they would diligently rev it across the range. In Delhi the best has been to simply connect it and let the car idle.
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:51   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Every time I've renewed my multiple petrol/diesel vehicle PUCs, Bangalore centers have diligently tested them. This was especially true for my diesels where the test takes around 15 minutes and the 'Pass' message comes automatically via SMS too.

Bangaloreans beware! Any day the NGT or HCoK will wield the hatchet in BLR asking whether all relevant vehicles are PUC-equipped or not. I am very sure the majority of people do not even know about PUC much less diligently renew them.

I foresee long long queues at these testing centers soon :-)
Attached Thumbnails
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-screenshot_20160202115217.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd February 2016 at 12:00. Reason: Screenshot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks