Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2019, 15:30   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
In most of the places I have seen, the PUC is issued without any proper testing.
I did it in Chennai recently they connected a wire to some part of the engine (was like a magnetic clip) and not to exhaust for diesel cars

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 17:09. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 10th September 2019, 15:45   #167
Senior - BHPian

There seems to another scam/Nexus brewing in Bangalore. Most of the PUC centers are not doing check for Diesel cars. My PUC expired yesterday and I have tried a few nearby centers. All of them are giving excuses like machine not working etc. Maybe they are hand in glove with the cops and making it difficult for people to be on the right side of the law.
Old 10th September 2019, 21:33   #168
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

At a nearby HP petrol pump, I'm seeing long queues the last few days. Turns out there are lots of cars getting the PUC/emission test done. This is definitely after the recent news about implementation of the new MV Act rules & subsequent raised penalties
Old 10th September 2019, 22:24   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Your question assumes that the guys doing the PUC check are doing their job properly which in most cases is not the case .

When I went to get my PUC done this time, it was the first time that the guy even checked the emission across all RPM ranges. Otherwise the usual tactic is to just put in the machine in the exhaust, make up some readings and be done with it.
Consider that good. I did a PUC for my car a couple of weeks ago and the guy didn't even check the car exhaust. Just wrote me a PUC certificate and gave it to me
Old 11th September 2019, 10:43   #170
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Consider that good. I did a PUC for my car a couple of weeks ago and the guy didn't even check the car exhaust. Just wrote me a PUC certificate and gave it to me
If this was in Bangalore or any other city in Karnataka, do check if it reflects online in the RTO portal, I suspect it won't.
Link
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 11:52   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If this was in Bangalore or any other city in Karnataka, do check if it reflects online in the RTO portal, I suspect it won't.
Link
First time I have seen this site working! Good to see both my vehicles listed.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 13:45   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Link
If it doesn't show my vehicle, is it because PUC has expired? Or is it because whoever did my car's PUC last didn't upload it there?

Also, how do I determine whether my vehicle is BS3 or BS4 or whatever?

Lastly, which are the recommended places to get PUC done? (Dealer? Petrol pump? RTO?) (in terms of authenticity, queue-length and cost)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th September 2019 at 08:49. Reason: bcoz> because. No SMS lingo while posting on the forums please.
Old 11th September 2019, 16:46   #173
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Lastly, which are the recommended places to get PUC done? (Dealer? Petrol pump? RTO?) (in terms of authenticity, queue-length and cost)
Most of your questions should be answered in earlier posts in this thread like this (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?)

If the PUC centre is working fine, the moment they capture the test results, that data should then flow in to the RTO systems (I think it's a connected/web app that is used by the testing center).

I always stick to a known place like the IOC bunk on old Madras road near Indiranagar BDA complex.

Every time I have had the PUC test done in the last 10 years, it has been reflecting on that portal, but now I see only the last one done this year, possible that they archived (or lost?) the older data.

Last edited by NPV : 11th September 2019 at 16:50.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 01:44   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Link
This actually happened to be in Bombay. But, this isn't the only one I know of. Most big cities have a couple of operators that will do this. The catch of course is that the RTO portal can't be used by the cops to fine you if you have the hard copy. Whether it is uploaded or not is immaterial. Otherwise, you can argue, and rightly so, that the RTO should be punishing the guys who issued the PUC
Old 12th September 2019, 08:39   #175
BHPian

Good information, I always thought PUC was needed every 6 months. Good to know its once in a year for BS4 vehicles. So for a new BS4 car, I assume PUC need not be done for the first year ?
Old 12th September 2019, 11:29   #176
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Need help with this info - I bought my car in March 2019. From when do I have to get & maintain the PUC? Is it one year or 2 years?
Old 13th September 2019, 18:04   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
There seems to another scam/Nexus brewing in Bangalore. Most of the PUC centers are not doing check for Diesel cars. My PUC expired yesterday and I have tried a few nearby centers. All of them are giving excuses like machine not working etc.
Experienced it first hand today at Jayanagar’s Seagul emission test centre near Madhavan park. The guy was rude and short of patience and end result was that no test was done as the server linked to Diesel test was down, I am trying my luck enroute to Tirupati tomorrow.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 19:04   #178
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hi Guys,
Need help with this info - I bought my car in March 2019. From when do I have to get & maintain the PUC? Is it one year or 2 years?
New cars do not need a PUC till they're a year old from registration - Get PUC done after one year i.e in March 2020
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:56   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginWheels View Post
In the meanwhile I will be very grateful to receive any information or solution the issue experienced by others.
Hi,

I am facing a similar issue in Noida. My car is registered in KR Puram, Bangalore. Have been driving the car in Noida for last two years with no issues in getting PUC. Last week I waited for two hours in PUC queue, only to find out that my registration number is not reflecting online and i have to contact RTO.

When I further investigated online on Parivahan website, I got this error: "Car records found at multiple RTOs: KR Puram and Bangalore Central".

I am the second owner of this car and got it transferred from Bangalore Central to KR Puram in 2015. I have a valid RC from KR Puram, Bangalore. I wonder how the car records still exist in Bangalore Central RTO. I have contacted ministry of road and transport for my problem. They have showed inability in rectifying it and directed me to contact RTO. It is not feasible for me to go to Bangalore and get the issue resolved. Even if I go there, I do not think that one visit would suffice.

Filed two RTIs, both at KR Puram and Bangalore Central RTO. Awaiting the response. Raised grievance in RTO website too. But I do not think they even read the grievances.

Please guide.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 17:10. Reason: Quote trimmed.
ankur_shar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:46   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Experienced it first hand today at Jayanagar’s Seagul emission test centre near Madhavan park. The guy was rude and short of patience and end result was that no test was done as the server linked to Diesel test was down, I am trying my luck enroute to Tirupati tomorrow.
You will find mobile pollution checking units operating in Maruti omnis on the way to Tirupati. I noticed it in multiple places, and used their service in Chittur by-pass 6 months back for my diesel vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks