Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:08   #181
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Experienced it first hand today at Jayanagar’s Seagul emission test centre near Madhavan park. The guy was rude and short of patience and end result was that no test was done as the server linked to Diesel test was down, I am trying my luck enroute to Tirupati tomorrow.
The diesel/RTO problem is Bangalore wide?

Advaith Hyundai (Bellandur ORR) also told me something similar.

And my nearest Indian Oil Petrol Pump also doesn't do diesel PUC (didn't bother to find out why)
Old 23rd September 2019, 21:50   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
The diesel/RTO problem is Bangalore wide?

Advaith Hyundai (Bellandur ORR)
The recent cases of PUC centers shooing away diesel vehicles could be due to rush at their centers due to new vehicle fines. Most of the centers I saw had huge queues of vehicles, since diesel vehicle takes time compared to petrol vehicle for testing (due to RPM sensor and process), it is easier for them to turn diesel vehicles down and target petrol vehicles only since its easier money.

However, that said yes, diesel vehicle testing is an issue around Bellandur area atleaset. I regularly face 'no diesel vehicles', 'server down' comments when mentioning that my vehicle is a diesel one. This has been the case since past many years.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 22:20   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The recent cases of PUC centers shooing away diesel vehicles could be due to rush at their centers due to new vehicle fines.
However, that said yes, diesel vehicle testing is an issue around Bellandur area atleast. .
True.They are doing this just because of the rush.
Had done the PUC for our crysta from the hp outlet in Kadugodi last year.When we went to the same outlet last week, they told us to go to an hp outlet in hoskote.Not sure whether they do it or not.

For people staying near Seegehalli ,Kadugodi etc ,this would be the nearest place for getting PUC done for diesels.

Sree Sai Car Care Katamnallur
https://maps.app.goo.gl/k823M2W9gSmBL1Wj8
Old 24th September 2019, 15:21   #184

Hi,

Did you find any solution to your problem ?
Old 24th September 2019, 19:28   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Apparently many PUC centres are just taking advantage of ignorance of the vehicle owners.
Thanks much for your post! I was totally ignorant about the BS4 PUC certificate validity

And you are right, the PUC center folks acts ignorant about the validity and cheats customers.

I took my car to the HSR 19th Main IOC bunk (opp to Agara Lake) Bangalore and while preparing the certificate, I told him about BS4 vehicle, he gave some stupid 'govt rule' reason. I had to firmly tell him to just give the damn BS4 certificate after handing over my RC card. He had to relent and took the reading again and gave the certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However, that said yes, diesel vehicle testing is an issue around Bellandur area atleaset. I regularly face 'no diesel vehicles', 'server down' comments when mentioning that my vehicle is a diesel one. This has been the case since past many years.
The above mentioned one and the one at HP bunk near HSR BDA complex do the Diesel test consistently. Worth to mention that the HP bunk near BDA voluntarily gave a 1 year certificate to my friend's i20 (BS4).

Last edited by bejoy : 24th September 2019 at 19:34.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 12:50   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_shar View Post
Hi,

When I further investigated online on Parivahan website, I got this error: "Car records found at multiple RTOs: KR Puram and Bangalore Central".

Please guide.
Hi ankur_shar,

I am not very optimistic about RTIs.

You could get in touch with RTO Agent Mr. Sharif - 9341215530. He is in Bangalore and I have very positive feedback about him from a fellow Bhpian.

Regards
VirginWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 10:50   #187
BHPian

The confusion still prevails. Mine is a 2010 petrol Figo and got the PUC done today for the first time since I bought it!

Measured CO level is 0.0008 and I was still given a 6 months validity certificate. There was absolutely no point arguing with him, paid him 90 and left...
Old 27th September 2019, 11:18   #188
BHPian

Two weeks back I got the PUC for a two wheeler and BS3 & BS4 4 wheelers at Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu and I was charged ₹100, ₹150, ₹200 respectively. I was thinking that the Govt. has increased the fee after the new MV act is implemented.

A week back I got the PUC for my 2 wheeler which got expired last month from the IOC petrol bunk in Spur Tank road and I was charged ₹50 (which earlier used to be ₹30).

So wondering, what is the Official prescribed fee for getting the PUC certificate by the Govt, now?
Old 27th September 2019, 14:28   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
So wondering, what is the Official prescribed fee for getting the PUC certificate by the Govt, now?
I don't think there is any change to the rates. Here is the rates prescribed by KA RTO. However, I have seen the centers charging 5-10 Rs more.

Quote:
2 Wheeler -50 Rs | 3 Wheeler -60 Rs | 4 Wheeler -90 Rs | Diesel Vehicles- 125 Rs
Source:
http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/General/Puccrate.aspx
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 15:04   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I don't think there is any change to the rates. Here is the rates prescribed by KA RTO. However, I have seen the centers charging 5-10 Rs more.

Source:
http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/General/Puccrate.aspx
Thanks. After seeing your message I checked in the State Transport Authority website of Tamil Nadu and find mentioning the old rates. 2W,3W-₹30, 4W-₹50 and others -₹100. When I was paying ₹30/₹50 for 2/4 wheeler earlier in Chennai (at the same place), it was never linked to internet / Vaahan database. Now my current PUC is linked to the database and I see it reflecting in 'mParivahan' app. Probably the State Govt. has increased the charges considering the additional requirements of new MV Act.

https://www.tn.gov.in/sta/poq2.html

May be the above link is yet to be updated.

My only doubt was whether I got ripped off at Tuticorin! But it is less likely as the PUC centre where I tested is located just opposite the District Collector's office and RTO Office.
Old 27th September 2019, 17:07   #191
Senior - BHPian

I got my diesel vehicle tested at the place next to Indian Oil Petrol Bunk at Gottigare on Bennarghata road, this is after the Shell Bunk when you are driving towards Bennarghatta
Old 27th September 2019, 18:41   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
On my PUC certificates, I see certificate price is printed - image (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?). I would pay the amount printed on the certificate.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 19:15   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
The confusion still prevails. Mine is a 2010 petrol Figo and got the PUC done today for the first time since I bought it!

Measured CO level is 0.0008 and I was still given a 6 months validity certificate. There was absolutely no point arguing with him, paid him 90 and left...
Done the PUC today for the Polo petrol (2011) at the bunk near Old Madras Road.
Got a validity of 1 year

Is there any standard norm for validity date?
Old 27th September 2019, 19:24   #194
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Done the PUC today for the Polo petrol (2011) at the bunk near Old Madras Road.
Got a validity of 1 year

Is there any standard norm for validity date?
BS IV (and later/better) vehicles should get 1 year validity provided the centre enters the data of your car correctly in the system. This centre in the IOC bunk on old Madras road near BDA Complex is one of the good/honest ones I have experienced and I usually get my car and scooter tested at this place, haven't had any issues in the last 10+ years

This topic of PUC validity for BS IV Vs older cars has been discussed a few times earlier on this thread as well.
Old 27th September 2019, 21:33   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
On my PUC certificates, I see certificate price is printed - image (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?). I would pay the amount printed on the certificate.
The PUC taken at Tuticorin clearly indicates ₹100 for 2 Wheeler and the one taken at Chennai shows ₹30 or ₹30+. However since the amount actually collected was ₹50, it should not matter much. So, overall it appears that PUC centres can charge anything within the max. limit of ₹100 for 2 Wheelers.

(Just noticed that the Engine type is mentioned as 2 Stroke in one of the PUC's)
Attached Thumbnails
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-puc.jpg  

Most Viewed