Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 11:25   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
For all those who have BS4 vehicles - please insist on changing the setting to select BS4 at the PUC Center. I missed that once and ended up getting a 6 month validity. Yesterday I insisted on changing the selection to BS4 (default in the drop down is BS2). While it didnt reflect before the test - the print out carried the full one year validity. And yes it is the same price - Rs90.

For those interested - this is the IOC bunk on left on the way to uttarahalli when coming down from Deve Gowda Bunk circle.
Yes, most of the guys manning the emission setup are not aware of this option to change. You have to ask them to select the 'BS IV and later' options in the drop down on the main page before the testing starts.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 12:38   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quite a few chaps insist they can only give 6-month certificates even for BS4. I ask them to read the print-out, it says '1 year for BS4' right at the top.

'Correct this certificate or I won't pay'

Gets things straightened out quick.

P.S. Inconsistency on RC is problematic too. There's no separate entry for emission norms, and not all RTO's include the full model nomenclature (like a sample someone posted earlier of their BS4 Scorpio).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th February 2021 at 12:40.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 23:48   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

With the new online linking, can PUC be done for other state registered vehicles (BS4 and later)? My TN registered bike (BS4) couldn't get PUC done either in Kolkata or Odisha. Kolkata centre showed 'Fuel norms to be updated" while the Odisha centre showed a similar message, but both interfaces were different.

Last time I checked in Chennai, the guys were able to see all the details. Am told its no longer possible to take other state PUC clearance for BS4 rating onwards. However want to check on this. In 2019 Dec, I got my CBR's PUC done in Goa. The bike's TN registered but BS3 (not the same bike referred above).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th February 2021 at 23:50.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 01:36   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My TN registered bike (BS4)
For this, get hold of an agent at the TN RTO where your bike is registered, and get the fuel norms updated. It costed me 700 bucks (including agent commission) in WB so should be similar in TN too. A BHPian friend of mine recently got this done for his car (Thane registered, plying in Kolkata) and it worked; prior to that he had been facing the same issue as you are.

Quote:
Am told its no longer possible to take other state PUC clearance for BS4 rating onwards. However want to check on this.
That's wrong. You're facing the issue just because your fuel norms aren't updated at your home RTO's database. Earlier this year, I faced it myself for my WB registered car in Kolkata itself; it was solved when I got the norms updated.

Regards.
boniver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 15:15   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
For this, get hold of an agent at the TN RTO where your bike is registered, and get the fuel norms updated. It costed me 700 bucks (including agent commission) in WB so should be similar in TN too. A BHPian friend of mine recently got this done for his car (Thane registered, plying in Kolkata) and it worked; prior to that he had been facing the same issue as you are.

That's wrong. You're facing the issue just because your fuel norms aren't updated at your home RTO's database. Earlier this year, I faced it myself for my WB registered car in Kolkata itself; it was solved when I got the norms updated.

Regards.
Great. Spoke to my person as I had the same issue in TN as well (went to check for PUC). The bike was bought recently (pre-owned) and all documentation completed as recent as 2 weeks. Am surprised they didnt check this as part of the ownership transfer.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th February 2021 at 15:17.
Old 26th February 2021, 15:32   #336
BHPian

Got the PUC done today for my 2016 S-Cross. And thanks to this thread, I noticed that the option 'Pre BSIV' was selected by default. Asked the guy to change it to 'Post BSIV' and got 1 year validity for the same price of ₹125.
I was unaware of this option earlier and had got only 6 month validity at the same testing center previously. So, keep an eye on which option is selected before testing.

Cheers.

Last edited by arbaz906 : 26th February 2021 at 15:34.
arbaz906 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:37   #337
BHPian

I am unable to renew my cars PUC in any of the emission testing centers as they are getting an error in Parivahan “Registration number more than one rto, please contact RTO office" in vahan.parivahan.gov.in. My car was originally registered in KA 01 under company name and then transferred to my name (KA 51, area) which is in Bangalore itself. I was able to renew PUC until now, but this is the first time that it is being done through vahan.parivahan.gov.in. The clearance certificate was issued to KA 51 RTO while transferring to my name and it was endorsed in my cars RC book as well while I got it transferred to my name. It is 2009 model vehicle. Has anyone faced a similar issue or can any one guide me on what need to be done please?
Attached Thumbnails
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-error.jpg  

Old 28th March 2021, 23:25   #338
BHPian

Faced a unique problem here in Mumbai when I went to renew my PUC certificate last month. The usual PUC vans and petrol pumps that have been around for donkeys years said that they could only test BS6 engines and the system no longer supported testing for BS-IV petrol engines.

Faced this about 7-8 times. Finally, found a guy who was willing to give it a shot. He struggled for a bit, and it took about 7-8 revvs and 30 mins (vs the usual 1-2 revvs and 5 mins) before I got the certificate.
Old 6th April 2021, 07:26   #339

I have purchased Interceptor 650 BS6 in December 2020. Want to get the PUC done in Bangalore, please let me know emission test centers who issue PUC certificates with 1 year Validity.

Regards,
LN Reddy
Old 7th April 2021, 20:55   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnreddy View Post
I have purchased Interceptor 650 BS6 in December 2020. Want to get the PUC done in Bangalore, please let me know emission test centers who issue PUC certificates with 1 year Validity.

Regards,
LN Reddy
PUC is not required for new bikes coming out of showroom and have to take only after 1st year
In your case, you need to take PUC only in Dec 2021.

Last edited by Doo_Dev : 7th April 2021 at 21:07.
Doo_Dev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 21:19   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Want to get the PUC done in Bangalore, please let me know emission test centers who issue PUC certificates with 1 year Validity.
You have not mentioned where you are in Bangalore. Unless you mention that, it would not be easy for others to give you relevant information.

One suggestion: go to any Essar / Nyara petrol bunk, and just to be sure tell them that it is a BS4 / BS6 and you want a cert with 1 year validity.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 21:54   #342
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
I am unable to renew my cars PUC in any of the emission testing centers as they are getting an error in Parivahan “Registration number more than one rto, please contact RTO office" in vahan.parivahan.gov.in. My car was originally registered in KA 01 under company name and then transferred to my name (KA 51, area) which is in Bangalore itself.
I know I'm responding late to your question, read on in case you've still not figured out what to do next.

I'm just extrapolating based on my recent experience getting my wife's driving license renewed, so bear with me. My guess is that though the transfer from one RTO to other is done in your paperwork, this still hasn't been updated in the digital records. There is a standard backlog entry process for this on parivahan site.
First check if your search by vehicle registration number on parivahan throws up an error. If it does, go through the workflow/process to raise a backlog entry (it should be free), it will also ask you to schedule a slot to submit the documents at the RTO. Once done, it should be updated soon and then you can proceed with PUC renewal.
Old 10th April 2021, 20:13   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You have not mentioned where you are in Bangalore. Unless you mention that, it would not be easy for others to give you relevant information.

One suggestion: go to any Essar / Nyara petrol bunk, and just to be sure tell them that it is a BS4 / BS6 and you want a cert with 1 year validity.
I live in Bangalore South, I travel to ITPL for work I use old airport road or outer ring road or Old Madras road, I have flexibility to visit any Emission test center on these routes.
Old 10th April 2021, 20:37   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I live in Bangalore South, I travel to ITPL for work I use old airport road or outer ring road or Old Madras road, I have flexibility to visit any Emission test center on these routes.
Bangalore South is still a very large area. JP nagar itself extends about 8-9 km from Jayanagar upto NICE road. You need to be really specific,

You dont have to reveal the exact location where you live. Thats absolutely fine. Btw, I live in the area too. I have mentioned the places in my previous post - do search for that.
Old 10th April 2021, 20:40   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Bangalore South is still a very large area. JP nagar itself extends about 8-9 km from Jayanagar upto NICE road. You need to be really specific,

You dont have to reveal the exact location where you live. Thats absolutely fine. Btw, I live in the area too. I have mentioned the places in my previous post - do search for that.

Sure I will search for Essar / Nyara near me, btw i stay in JP nagar.

Thank you for the information.

Most Viewed