Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 16:32   #466
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Another renewal. 1 year, no questions asked. Fee has gone up (115 INR).
BS4? Also which year model car? KA PUCC software has added the registration year check also for BS4. So my 2014 car is not BS4 according to the software even though it is and is mentioned in my RC card. Parivahan portal rightly detects as BS4. So no more 1 year valid certificate for mine from KA, unless they fixes the software.
Old 16th December 2022, 16:50   #467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
BS4? Also which year model car? KA PUCC software has added the registration year check also for BS4. So my 2014 car is not BS4 according to the software even though it is and is mentioned in my RC card. Parivahan portal rightly detects as BS4. So no more 1 year valid certificate for mine from KA, unless they fixes the software.
BS4 2019 MY, listed as such on Vahan records.

First time I asked for a certificate, he gave me the 6-month specimen. Pointed out the certificate banner itself says 1 year for BS4. New certificate given pronto, and a further two renewals.

I've never seen a PUC record on mParivahan for any of my KA registered vehicles. Disconnected record keeping?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 17:53   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamike_1612 View Post
My Gixxer is a BS4 vehicle but somehow the PUC database has been updated as BS2. Everytime I get a PUC done, the validity is only for 6 months as opposed to 1 year for BS4 vehicles. On asking the PUC centre to change it to BS4 they say it has to be done by RTO and can't be changed by them.
For 2 wheelers, irrespective of BS4 or prior, the validity has always been 6 months, at least here in BLR. I checked in multiple testing centers, and though they select BS4, it always comes out with a 6 month validity. Don't know if this has changed for BS6.
Old 16th December 2022, 23:11   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My Cooper and Gypsy are both BS4.
However I am able to get only 6 months PUC each time for these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
For 2 wheelers, irrespective of BS4 or prior, the validity has always been 6 months, at least here in BLR.
Thank you both for your response.
@shankar.balan I believe you are from Bangalore too.
Previous posts in this thread seem to indicate that Karnataka has a different validity period for BS4. Linking one such post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Another change is BS4 vehicles now get a 6 month certificate, and not a 1 year cert that we used to get earlier.
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:19   #470
BHPian

Folks, looking for some guidance:

I recently got my BS4 Diesel vehicle PUC tested in Bengaluru, and was surprised to see the details not getting updated in mParivahan against the vehicle details. On further follow up from the vendor they advised that in Karnataka only the hard copy PUC is issued and RTO records are not updated. Is this correct?

My experience with the same (Karnataka registered) vehicle being issued a PUC in another state resulted in immediate mParivahan update with certificate number and validity, so was confused.

Not sure if this is correct or the vendor needs to be reported for not being in full compliance...
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:35   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
My experience with the same (Karnataka registered) vehicle being issued a PUC in another state resulted in immediate mParivahan update with certificate number and validity, so was confused.
Karnataka uses a separate PUC database, not linked with the common Parivahan database.

It's nothing to do with your car's registration state.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 09:58   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Karnataka uses a separate PUC database, not linked with the common Parivahan database.
Thanks for the clarification! I stand corrected and educated, though still with the hope that one day we would have common systems implemented .
Old 27th December 2022, 21:37   #473
BHPian

So I had gotten the PUC renewed for my 1.5 year Grand i10 Nios last week. Costed Rs.250 for the 1 year tenure which was new to me. While chatting to the PUC guy, he mentioned that many BS6 vehicles are failing the tests and showed me the 2 failed test reports for a 2021 Dzire Petrol who had visited just before me.

While we don't know about the maintenance or fuel quality and lot of other factors, I assumed BS6 vehicles will fare better than BS4 one's but a 1 year old car failing tests is quite shocking. Going forward maybe we need to watch out for PUC reports as well while buying used cars.
aa1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 13:48   #474

I have a Chevrolet Beat diesel 2013 model. Recently went to the emissions center and got a certificate for only 6 months. On checking the online RC details for my vehicle, noticed that is specified as BS 3. My understanding is that Beat Diesel is BS 4. Could someone please confirm on this? Also, the center charged me Rs. 200 as against 100 earlier. Let me know if anyone faced a similar situation?
Old 17th January 2023, 12:08   #475
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I saw multiple cases posted here where the emission norms are incorrectly mentioned on the RC/Parivahan database. I have a similar situation for my Honda Jazz Petrol. It is BS4 complaint but the RC and the mParivahan app shows Euro III.

I visited multiple PUC centers across NCR but all of them show it as a Euro III/BS 3 vehicle.

With the recent rule imposed in Delhi with regards to pollution, there have been occasional bans on BS3 and below petrol cars. My dad was recently stopped by a cop due to the same .

Is there a way out to get this information corrected in the database ? My car was originally registered in Lucknow(UP 32) and later transferred to Noida (UP 16).
Old 17th January 2023, 12:27   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Hi Folks,

I saw multiple cases posted here where the emission norms are incorrectly mentioned on the RC/Parivahan database. I have a similar situation for my Honda Jazz Petrol. It is BS4 complaint but the RC and the mParivahan app shows Euro III.

I visited multiple PUC centers across NCR but all of them show it as a Euro III/BS 3 vehicle.

With the recent rule imposed in Delhi with regards to pollution, there have been occasional bans on BS3 and below petrol cars. My dad was recently stopped by a cop due to the same .

Is there a way out to get this information corrected in the database ? My car was originally registered in Lucknow(UP 32) and later transferred to Noida (UP 16).
Faced the same issue with my BS4 Octavia Diesel. Had to go to the RTO (UP16 in my case as well) and get it fixed. You have meet the RTO officer and hand over a written application for correction. Takes them about 3 weeks to have it fixed. If not then maybe find an agent and get it done but it is possible to have it corrected
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 12:33   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Faced the same issue with my BS4 Octavia Diesel. Had to go to the RTO (UP16 in my case as well) and get it fixed. You have meet the RTO officer and hand over a written application for correction. Takes them about 3 weeks to have it fixed. If not then maybe find an agent and get it done but it is possible to have it corrected
Thanks Rohan.

Did they ask you for any documents like the purchase invoice or any other document evidencing that it is a BS4 vehicle ?
Old 17th January 2023, 13:10   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Thanks Rohan.

Did they ask you for any documents like the purchase invoice or any other document evidencing that it is a BS4 vehicle ?
Yes i put the purchase invoice along with RC and stated that in NCR (along with a few more cities) since April 2010 only BS4 vehicles could have been sold so there is no question of this being BS3. They agreed and the system now correctly shows my 2016 Octavia as BS4.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 13:44   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
hand over a written application for correction.
Hi Rohan, you had to write in Hindi or English? Did they give an acknowledgement? Say, a signed, stamped copy or whatever? Did you hand over to the SRTO or his orderly?
Old 17th January 2023, 13:58   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Hi Rohan, you had to write in Hindi or English? Did they give an acknowledgement? Say, a signed, stamped copy or whatever? Did you hand over to the SRTO or his orderly?
Written in English and handed over to SRTO. Please be prepared for multiple follow ups. Dad's office was across the road so he was able to push. For saving time and energy, i would recommend using an agent (unfortunately, i am not aware of any)
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks