Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 11:53   #376
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

I got my 2 stroke bike's PUC done from the Indian Oil bunk beside Forum Mall on the Hosur Road side, but while my bike passed the test without any adjustments, the test result never got updated online. I do have the original certificate with a 6 month validity though. Does PUC data in Bangalore not get updated on Vahan or do I need to get my next PUC done from a different place?
Old 13th October 2021, 13:33   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
Would the wrong vehicle model in PUC cause issues anywhere - like during police checks or insurance claims?
There is nothing to worry about if the PUC details are appearing in your mParivahan app.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 14:37   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I got my 2 stroke bike's PUC done from the Indian Oil bunk beside Forum Mall on the Hosur Road side, but while my bike passed the test without any adjustments, the test result never got updated online. I do have the original certificate with a 6 month validity though. Does PUC data in Bangalore not get updated on Vahan or do I need to get my next PUC done from a different place?
Even I couldn't find my vehicle's details in Vahan portal. You could check http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ReportingUser/Scgr1.aspx for Karnataka registered vehicles.
gischethans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 20:07   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post
As per the PUC centers in Gurugram, new certificates are only being issued for 6 months for BS4 vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Validity is 1 year. You need to make sure that the vehicle emission class is correctly mentioned
Did my PUC testing for my Etios D on Saturday. The guy at the centre said he can only issue a certificate with 6 months validity since nowhere in the RC is the emission standard mentioned, so as far he was concerned my car was BS3. Last time he said the same, but I showed him the SIAM paper that I had with me which specified the ARAI and emission class of the vehicle. But this time he said, things were strict and he wanted the emission norm to be suffixed with the model name in the RC book.

Went to another PUC centre in the same block, and the lady asked if this was BS3 or BS4. I showed her the SIAM paper and she was glad to get the info, mentioning that it would be easy if they had emission details of each model. She noted down the variants Etios GD, VD and VXD for future reference and took a picture of the paper. Got the PUC test done with one year validity.

Questions.
1. AFAIK, Etios was always BS4, atleast the diesel. Why did the first PUC centre guy think otherwise?

2. Nowhere does the RC paper mention the emission class. I do faintly remember some recent models having the emission norm mentioned with the vehicle model name itself. Should I go to the RTO and take the hassle of updating the model name with BS4 suffix?

Last edited by DicKy : 28th November 2021 at 20:08.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 22:50   #380
Senior - BHPian

I have faced the same situation. The car has a BS4 sticker on the windshield. But the RC does not mention BS4, so the PUC center declines to give a 1-year certificate. The valid-till date is shown as 6 months after the date of testing.

The certificate header mentions that it is valid for 1 year for BS4 vehicles. For good measure I have obtained a certificate from the OEM that my car with engine number so-and-so is BS4 compliant.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 08:26   #381
BHPian

Hello All, I am facing similar problem in Pune. My car is 2013 manufactured Punto diesel however during PUC they only give certificate for 6 months and certificate mentions my car to be BS3. My RC doesn’t mentions BS3 or BS4 and PUC center says that when car was registered for first time for PUC the data entered is wrong and now they don’t get any option to correct it or issue 1 year certificate.

What should I do? How can I get this corrected?
Old 1st December 2021, 09:53   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
Hello All, I am facing similar problem in Pune. My car is 2013 manufactured Punto diesel however during PUC they only give certificate for 6 months and certificate mentions my car to be BS3. My RC doesn’t mentions BS3 or BS4 and PUC center says that when car was registered for first time for PUC the data entered is wrong and now they don’t get any option to correct it or issue 1 year certificate.

What should I do? How can I get this corrected?
The PUC guy told me to correct/update the details at the RTO. Since I already received the PUC with 1 year validity as mentioned above, am procrastinating whether to update or not.

Have to go to the RTO this month for removal of hypothecation, will ask them regarding the mention of emission class in the RC.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 11:54   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
The validity is one year. Gazette notification by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways published 23 Feb 2012 is attached (PDF).
Just adding to the same, CMV Rules Chapter 5 - 115 also state the same. Check Page no. 40 of the same.

Also re attaching the Gazette Notification so as to keep all relevant documents in one post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMVR-chapter5.pdf (4.85 MB, 382 views)
File Type: pdf E_75_2012_047.pdf (84.0 KB, 107 views)
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 14:10   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Here goes my PUC saga, for the lack of a better word.

Attempt 1. Ramesh PUC center (hosur, before Attibelle toll gate) -> unsuccessful .
My annual entry to this thread.

This time took the PUC from kerala (Arupukara near medical college,kottayam), i would say it was more seamless and literally no haggling and they were happy to give BSIV certificate with 1 year validity and reflects in the vahan website. Paid 110Rs as mentioned in the certificate.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-1a59028e447d4705951321026aa157b4.jpeg
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 21:08   #385
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians,

Regarding checking of PUC certificates:

Do keep your PUC certificate up to date. Today, I saw policemen in petrol pump asking people for this certificate whoever is coming to fill petrol/diesel.
If by chance PUC is expired, then there's a hefty fine of Rs. 10,000.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 17th December 2021 at 21:11.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 13:35   #386
BHPian

No idea about other states but there is a definite PUC scam going on in Delhi/Gurgaon where no matter what they will ask twice the official amount and you have to argue/fight/give up depending on your mood. Be it cars or bikes it applies to both and i have tried atleast 7-8 different places in all these years.

There has been exactly 1 petrol pump where they charged the fair amount without saying anything and that was in main Dhaula Kuan road when going towards Gurgaon,the second petrol pump on the left (the last one before the highway starts), after the airport metro station.

Otherwise even today in Gurgaon the guy asked me ₹150 for my bike's certificate that says ₹80 on it, upon confronting he did not budge and this petrol pump is right next to police station sector 29!
When i showed him my previous year SMS and then when i got inside his booth and showed him amount on his own computer which he was hiding by scrolling down, he said they need some money for themselves too and had to argue to get him to agree.
Tired of performing these shenanigans for this paltry sum of amount everytime i go to get the pollution certificate, is there any solution to this?
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 14:55   #387
BHPian

Unable to get a PUC for my CB 350 as it is BSVI and they say that very few petrol pumps are able to issue the PUC. Rest of the centres are yet to update the software.
Old 24th December 2021, 21:21   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
No idea about other states but there is a definite PUC scam going on in Delhi/Gurgaon where no matter what they will ask twice the official amount and you have to argue/fight/give up depending on your mood.
Tired of performing these shenanigans for this paltry sum of amount everytime i go to get the pollution certificate, is there any solution to this?
Hi,

I'm also facing this for the past 2 years. You can look up my post #367 in this thread. Below link to my post for reference:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5148215 (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?)

There are 3 solutions in my mind:

1) Either go to trustworthy petrol pumps like the ones you had mentioned. Also, BHPian @NG_EV also mentioned below reliable station:
Reliable PUC centre - Ram Service Station, Mathura Road
https://maps.google.com/?cid=17214338209598806154

2) Or talk to petrol pump Manager if I face this problem & don't have any other reliable station to go.

3) Or educate myself on all the PUC certificate parameters so that I can understand the readings & check whether they are cheating or not. If they are cheating, then I may raise voice against it.

Now, don't get me wrong y'all. I'm ready to pay these guys Rs. 50/60 for their services but asking Rs. 200/250 is wrong. On top of that, the time & petrol that gets wasted in search of reliable stations really angers more. Half of the day gets wasted.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 24th December 2021 at 21:22.
Old 24th December 2021, 22:38   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For anyone living in the general vicinity of Jayanagar 4th Block, this place can provide 1 year valid PUCs for BS4 and beyond. Just remember to specify it explicitly.
Renewed from the same guy for another year. I handed him the certificate he issued last year, didn't need to say anything else. INR 90 as prescribed, no haggling/bribing.
Old 31st December 2021, 15:16   #390
BHPian

Team,

Just went to a nearby Emission testing Centre to get the PUC for Harrier (BS6) which just completed 1 year.

I was informed by the agent that there is no need for PUC for BS6 vehicles as they are considered as Non-Polluting vehicles.

I was a bit surprised and felt strange, but still went ahead with the test and got the PUC done.

Can any one check and confirm the comment from the agent.

Cheers !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks