Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 20:20   #421
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Today went to the ladies operated IOC petrol pump Pollution checking center near BDA Complex Indira Nagar Bangalore. Rates for Diesel cars have gone up to 160. I was surprised when they issued me a 6 months valid certificate for my BS4 car. Normally they issue me 1 year validity. On asking them they said rules have changed since some time.

I was in a hurry so did not push further. This was the only place so far that gave 1 year valid certificates without having to push for it.

If they too joined the scamming bandwagon I don't know. If this is the case then i can get it from my nearby checkers than planning a drive here!

Please let me know if any changes in rule happened or they are also resorting to scams nowadays!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like a change. Same experience here at a test centre in a Nyara/Essar bunk. He showed me the screen where it wasnt allowing to give a 1 year validity date.
Please check this circular by Karnataka Transport department which notifies the rate increase as well I think it tells something about the applicability of 1 year validity for in the last page. People who know Kannada can read and provide the translation.

https://transport.karnataka.gov.in/s...nt%20order.pdf
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:25   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Please check this circular by Karnataka Transport department which notifies the rate increase as well I think it tells something about the applicability of 1 year validity for in the last page.
Thanks ..

#5 does say 1 year for BS-IV and BS-VI vehicles. However, I wasnt clear of the first part of that point - will need to read it a few times
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 09:30   #423
BHPian

Went to get PUC for my BS3 A-Star. 6 Months and Rs 115 vs Rs90 earlier.

Also was told about the whole 1 year puc applicable only for 2019 MY vehicles when i enquired for my other car which is BS4.

i am still not sure whom to believe. Even the PDF shared by thanixravindran doesn't help much. Tried translating it with Google Lens.
Old 10th March 2022, 10:21   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Also was told about the whole 1 year puc applicable only for 2019 MY vehicles when i enquired for my other car which is BS4.
Do check at other PUC centres. AFAIK, BS4 vehicles get 1 year validity.
Old 10th March 2022, 10:31   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Went to get PUC for my BS3 A-Star. 6 Months and Rs 115 vs Rs90 earlier.

i am still not sure whom to believe. Even the PDF shared by thanixravindran doesn't help much. Tried translating it with Google Lens.
I had checked the current status of PUC of my previous car, 2012 model diesel (out of curiousity ). Even that had a 1 year valid PUC. The PUC was taken in Nov 2021.
It was taken from
Centre Name - Appayanna Emission testing Centre
Address : MS Palaya, Vidyaranyapura post, Bangalore - 97
Old 10th March 2022, 11:01   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Only MY2019 above above manufactured car are getting 1Yr PUC. I got only 6 months validity for our 2010 BS4 i20. I Got this info from the PUC center.
Old 10th March 2022, 11:26   #427
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think State Governments do have the right to change and enforce for the validity of the emissions period. I believe Delhi Government mandates 3 months validity of emissions certificate. So may be Karnataka Government would have changed the rules to 6 months for BS4 from 26 January 2022 along with increase in charges.

But what I could not understand is the arbitrary cut off of 2019 as manufacturing year. If they have mandated only BS6 for 1 year validity, things would have been much easier. Or at least 2017, it makes sense as BS4 kicked in all over India. Prior to that it is only metro cities that had BS4 mandate.

With so much digitization happening, why can't simply they update the fuel emissions norm in the Database to avoid all this ambiguity (and leaving it to operator) as it is a parameter during registration (Form 22).
Old 10th March 2022, 15:40   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I got only 6 months validity for our 2010 BS4 i20. I Got this info from the PUC center.
I have one year validity for my 2015 Mahindra TUV300. I doubt system account for year of manufacturing. I just show them my current certificate with one year validity and they don't question much.
Old 10th March 2022, 15:59   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have one year validity for my 2015 Mahindra TUV300. I doubt system account for year of manufacturing. I just show them my current certificate with one year validity and they don't question much.
Key point is - when did you last get the check done ? What is the date on the cert ?
Old 10th March 2022, 16:13   #430
BHPian

If PUC is to be believed, then why knock out Vehicles at 10/ 15 Years life of the Vehicle. Who checks the smoke emission of Government vehicles blowing clouds of smoke on roads ?
Old 10th March 2022, 16:13   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Key point is - when did you last get the check done ? What is the date on the cert ?
I did the test on 6 Sep 2021. I will check next week with the PUC Centre, if there is any change in rules.
Attached Images

Old 10th March 2022, 16:20   #432
BHPian

Karnataka is using its own software application for the PUC check. The BS4 validity issue seems to be an implementation problem, after the recent order.

Most other states use the central MORTH application that pools the data from the central database and the PUC results are uploaded in real-time. I have never got the PUCC data in m-Parivaahan app whenever I get it tested in KA, but got it immediately updated from centers in KL.
Old 10th March 2022, 16:29   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did the test on 6 Sep 2021. I will check next week with the PUC Centre, if there is any change in rules.
You have missed the points we have been discussing. There was a change in last week of Jan 2022. Last year, many of us also got a 1 year cert.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 17:00   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, in the web page, there is a drop down to select <BS4, BS4 and above and BS6. So if BS4 and above is selected, automatically the validity is given as 6 months. Even I had got 1 Year validity when I got the PUC done in December 2020.
Old 10th March 2022, 17:23   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Actually, in the web page, there is a drop down to select <BS4, BS4 and above and BS6. So if BS4 and above is selected, automatically the validity is given as 6 months. Even I had got 1 Year validity when I got the PUC done in December 2020.
That's just wrong implementation, goes against the order. Or it may be a "bug".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks