Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 00:31   #346
Team-BHP Support

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

For anyone living in the general vicinity of Jayanagar 4th Block, this place can provide 1 year valid PUCs for BS4 and beyond. Just remember to specify it explicitly.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th April 2021 at 00:37.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 18:19   #347
BHPian

M&M is offering free PUC checkup with Certificate for all SUV's at all operational ASS near you due to World Environment Day ( 5th June)
Old 24th July 2021, 17:19   #348
BHPian

For some reason whenever I go to get the PUC done for my bike done, I always get it with the 6 months validity.

After reading about it here, I finally asked the guy about it. Pat came the response, that BS4 bikes only get 6 months ...it's only the BS4 cars that get 1 year.

Is this true? I am not able to access the PUC details from the Parivahan site for my bike (to check which emission norms have been input against it) since it just gives me a "Registration details not available PUC Database" error.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:20   #349

I tried with Essar Petrol bunk near Bommasandra, again I got same reply. Government has the rules and for two wheelers the validity is only 6 months.
lnreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:53   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For anyone living in the general vicinity of Jayanagar 4th Block, .
For those living in JP nagar, check the ESSAR / Nayara petrol bunks. Like Chetan mentioned, helps to specify BS4/ 1 year.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:32   #351
BHPian

Both my cars are BS4. As per multiple PUC centres in Mumbai, only BS6 vehicles are permitted to get a 1 year certificate, the rest of us have to make do with just 6 months. Had checked with the petrol pump on Mumbai-Pune Expressway as well, got the same reply.
Old 5th August 2021, 15:04   #352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Both my cars are BS4. As per multiple PUC centres in Mumbai, only BS6 vehicles are permitted to get a 1 year certificate, the rest of us have to make do with just 6 months. Had checked with the petrol pump on Mumbai-Pune Expressway as well, got the same reply.
I've had this argument with PUC chaps more times in the past than I care for, but the little print-out they give you, says 1 year for BS4 and up, right at the very top (at least the ones in KA do). No further argument needed.

I don't even say anything anymore, just point and frown.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th August 2021 at 15:06. Reason: rephrase
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 16:09   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I've had this argument with PUC chaps more times in the past than I care for, but the little print-out they give you, says 1 year for BS4 and up, right at the very top (at least the ones in KA do). No further argument needed.

I don't even say anything anymore, just point and frown.
My case is a little different.

Every time, I am asked whether I would need the certificate for six months or twelve. Owning a BS4 car, I invariably choose the latter and am legitimately given one.

The argument begins when the guy starts insinuating that he has done me a favour by going out of the way in extending the tenure of validity and demands to get paid in excess of the amount printed on the certificate.

₹150 in place of ₹90 is a paltry sum but it irks me a ton when it is presented as a ransom.

No wonder, I detest presenting my car for a PUC test annually.
Old 5th August 2021, 17:02   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

₹150 in place of ₹90 is a paltry sum but it irks me a ton when it is presented as a ransom.

No wonder, I detest presenting my car for a PUC test annually.
The last time I asked the PUC fellow why he is charging 150 bucks when the RTO approved is 90, he replied it is his service charge and chai coffee to RTO guys. I was like . Since it is once a year activity I am not too inclined to fight it out because it is unlikely they are going to take the actual price.

But the guys at the center I visit are shrewd. Inspite of telling that mine is BS4 and hence 1 year validity, they deliberately gave the printout with 6 months validity.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 10:08   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For those living in JP nagar, check the ESSAR / Nayara petrol bunks. Like Chetan mentioned, helps to specify BS4/ 1 year.
Last month I visited the place mentioned by Chetan. They provide one year validity only for cars not for bikes.
Old 10th August 2021, 10:43   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

KA TBHPians: Can you check the PUC certificate online? This site (on Chrome at least) is always unreachable: https://etc.karnataka.gov.in/

Earlier, I used to get the diesel PUC SMS immediately on my mobile. Have never got it for my petrols for the last 2 years.
Old 10th August 2021, 11:06   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
KA TBHPians: Can you check the PUC certificate online? This site (on Chrome at least) is always unreachable: https://etc.karnataka.gov.in/
As soon as I get the PUC test done for my vehicles, I check the PUC Certificate online on the above mentioned website, I do it to ensure the records are updated.

As of now, I can access the site and check the details for my vehicles on Chrome.

It could be an issue with your browser/system settings, try deleting the cache and history of the Chrome browser and then give it a shot.
AJ739 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 12:10   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I was not even aware of this site and on checking today it did not load. Then I googled and landed on http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ (not https://). I fail to understand why the government cannot afford a simple SSL certificate for a website dealing with a good amount of private data.
Old 16th August 2021, 16:04   #359
Senior - BHPian

I have just done a PUC check for my Verna 1.6D and the details have appeared on the Parivahan site.

I can only see one metric (Light absorption coefficient) being reported. It is the same case with the printed certificate that was handed over to me at the PUC test center too.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-www.jpg

Does a BS4 diesel require measurement of only this parameter for passing PUC check?

Last edited by clevermax : 16th August 2021 at 16:06.
Old 16th August 2021, 16:31   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I have just done a PUC check for my Verna 1.6D and the details have appeared on the Parivahan site.

I can only see one metric (Light absorption coefficient) being reported. It is the same case with the printed certificate that was handed over to me at the PUC test center too.

Does a BS4 diesel require measurement of only this parameter for passing PUC check?
I have done the PUC test last week (BS4 Diesel, done at N. Paravur) and I see the same parameter being reported in Vahan website. However, the test report had other pollutants CO, THC/HC at idling and high idling RPMs, but the measured value is filled in only for the "Light absorption coefficient". So may be you are right, only this one needs to be within limits.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks