Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2022, 20:02   #391
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Got the PUC certificates done for Creta and Activa yesterday and today respectively. This have now created more problems it seems.

Firstly for our Panda, all the emission levels are showing zero values. I can understand Hyundai has very refined petrol engines but 'zero' emission petrol engine? that would be a first. No its not that the sensor rod was not placed in the tail pipe or anything. I was personally checking that and be it equipment failure or something else. The following info has been updated in parivahan website.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-panda.jpeg

Now in the case of Blu, as per the details available in the website, my ride is registered in 2018 and surprisingly is BS III vehicle which, obviously are wrong on both counts. To make it worse the guy who entered the details entered the registration number wrong. I can get it corrected tomorrow but what to do about the vehicle details already in the website.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-blu.jpeg

Will there be any issue with both these certificates. On the cost side I didn't face any issues as they only charged the govt prescribed rates and certificates of Panda and Blu are valid for one year and six months respectively.
Old 4th January 2022, 03:37   #392
BHPian

Got delivery of the XUV 700 recently. Confused whether or not to get a PUC Certificate for the same. Dealer said since it's a new car, no need for separate PUC certificate for 6 months. However, I've also heard that the period is 12 months and not 6. Can fellow BHPians advise please? My other cars have the PUC number included in the mParivahan RC, but the new one has a blank space under PUC.

Also, considering about playing it safe and just getting a PUC done anyway; you never know when you can bump into a crooked havaldar somewhere.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 4th January 2022 at 03:38.
Old 4th January 2022, 08:29   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Can fellow BHPians advise please?

but the new one has a blank space under PUC.

you never know when you can bump into a crooked havaldar somewhere.
New car has a valid PUC for one year.
https://transport.delhi.gov.in/conte...uc-certificate

Every new car gets a Form 22 in the documents generated during delivery. Form 22 is submitted for registration but you can keep a photocopy. It is a certificate of initial compliance with PUC.

Most states are now issuing one year PUC certificates for BS4 and BS6 cars upon subsequent renewals as well.

The traffic cops might try to make money from a less educated new car owner between 6 months to 1 year but they would never officially issue a challan to a car less than 1 year old.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 08:31   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Got delivery of the XUV 700 recently. Confused whether or not to get a PUC Certificate for the same. Dealer said since it's a new car, no need for separate PUC certificate for 6 months. However, I've also heard that the period is 12 months and not 6. Can fellow BHPians advise please? My other cars have the PUC number included in the mParivahan RC, but the new one has a blank space under PUC.
For new vehicles, the PUC requirement doesn't kick in, until end of first-year. So, don't sweat it. Relax & enjoy the drives
RaviKBobba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 11:07   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a change in rules for emission certificates. Went for my check couple of days back, and even though I had got a 1 year cert last time, I was able to get only a 6 month cert this time. Operator said that effective 26th Jan, BS4 vehicles upto 2018 or 2019 cannot get a full year certificate, and it is only for 6 months.

And prices for diesels has been increased from 125 to 160 :(
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 13:07   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like a change in rules for emission certificates. Went for my check couple of days back, and even though I had got a 1 year cert last time, I was able to get only a 6 month cert this time. Operator said that effective 26th Jan, BS4 vehicles upto 2018 or 2019 cannot get a full year certificate, and it is only for 6 months.

Well, when I did my PUC last year I was given the same spiel by the operator and given a 6month certificate. I went to him again this year on 20th Jan and asked him to give me a one year valid certificate. He complied easily and charged Rs. 90.

Not sure about the rule starting 26th Jan though.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 11:41   #397
Senior - BHPian

I tried to check the PUC certificate for my BH registered car on the vahan website, however the site is throwing an error that the registration number is invalid. I guess the PUC portal of vahan is still not updated to input the BH registered cars. Since the car is new, no issues as of now but hope the site will be updated atleast in an years time.
Old 7th February 2022, 13:28   #398
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I tried to check the PUC certificate for my BH registered car on the vahan website, however the site is throwing an error that the registration number is invalid. I guess the PUC portal of vahan is still not updated to input the BH registered cars. Since the car is new, no issues as of now but hope the site will be updated atleast in an years time.
Hello ghodulr - Are the new car PUC details upon registration show up in Vaahan? I don't think RTO enters the initial PUC details from manufacturer during registration (From Form 22).

Or have you went ahead and did the PUC test in your new car and it is not showing up in PUC portal?

I got my car with regular registration plates but no PUC details are available in Parivaahan Virtual RC. I am still following up for the Form22 copy from dealer just to be on the safer side till 1 year.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 16:14   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Hello ghodulr - Are the new car PUC details upon registration show up in Vaahan? I don't think RTO enters the initial PUC details from manufacturer during registration (From Form 22).

Or have you went ahead and did the PUC test in your new car and it is not showing up in PUC portal?

I got my car with regular registration plates but no PUC details are available in Parivaahan Virtual RC. I am still following up for the Form22 copy from dealer just to be on the safer side till 1 year.
The PUC details aren't available on the parivahan website but the status can be seen in the m-Parivahan app for the new vehicles. Although it shows NA but atleast the status is there.

For new vehicles post completion of 1 yr PUC will be applicable rule stays
Old 15th February 2022, 10:34   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I renewed my PUC certificate, in Calcutta, yesterday, for my 2019 BS-4 Tiago and it has a one year validity. Charges were Rs 118(including taxes) for petrol.
There was a 10 minute lag in seeing the renewed certificate displayed on the mParivahan app.
Hope someone is not up to any mischief with you. Maybe you can check with a different PUC issuing centre.

Best,
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 10:54   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Hope someone is not up to any mischief with you. Maybe you can check with a different PUC issuing centre.
Can check in 6 months time

The operator is a nice kid, who showed me the screen on his comp. Will not be able to check till renewal
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 10:11   #402

Quote:

I got 1 year certificates for both my diesels at Mumbai. The first in August 2021 and the other in January 2022. It is still a bother to locate PUC centres that will willingly test a BSIV diesel without fuss. I suspect the population of BSIV diesels will far outstrip the BSVI group, and ideally there should be more centres exclusively for us. But I digress. I haven't come across any change in rules but I've had people with BSIV petrols telling me that they were handed a 6 months PUC certificate. For the next time, I would urge you to explore with other PUC centres, if possible.
Old 24th February 2022, 17:03   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Can check in 6 months time
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrSidey View Post
I got 1 year certificates for both my diesels at Mumbai. The first in August 2021 and the other in January 2022. For the next time, I would urge you to explore with other PUC centres, if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I went to him again this year on 20th Jan and asked him to give me a one year valid certificate. He complied easily and charged Rs. 90.

Not sure about the rule starting 26th Jan though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
I renewed my PUC certificate, in Calcutta, yesterday, for my 2019 BS-4 Tiago and it has a one year validity.
I have been insisting and getting 1 yr Validity Certificate for my 2013 i20 BSIV Petrol. This time ( 2 weeks back) however their system did not allow. As soon as you enter BSIV and 2013, it shows prompt as invalid emission like 'condor' mentioned. The rule (and price) change date was same as told to him 26th Jan 2022 so 2 operators saying same date is not possible unless there is a nexus or he also got it done in same center in Electronic City BP Petrol Pump, BLR.

So the rule does seem to have changed for BSIV cars prior to 2019 models. Also he gave me a RTO Electronic City number to call and check which I had to call as the direct RTO number was not working. They said this and so ended up getting what was allowed by the system.
BUT there is a problem that I will check next time. How come rule was implemented partially in the Software. 2013 BSIV should give me a certificate with 6 month validity but due to this error prompt, he selected 2013 BS2 or 3 to get around. The Software should not alter the information in my RC for this. So will check with other center as well.

Last edited by vidyanand : 24th February 2022 at 17:10. Reason: Added info
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 18:08   #404
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At the top of the certificate there is a line of text in bold font that goes something like "As per CMV Act...". This used to clearly call out the validity for vehicles with BS IV engines is 1 year and earlier engines is 6 months. What does this say now on your certificate ?

IIRC - I had posted a picture of this from my car's PUC certificate in an earlier post in response to your query a long time ago or am I hallucinating

Edit:found 2 earlier posts
Post 1 (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?)

Post 2 (Pollution check for new car?)

Last edited by NPV : 24th February 2022 at 18:12.
Old 24th February 2022, 19:06   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
At the top of the certificate there is a line of text in bold font that goes something like "As per CMV Act...".
Despite this notice, for the last 1-2 years, the certificates were given with expiry dates printed both ways - some centres printed a 6 month validity, and a few printed a 1 year validity. We are searching for the latter, to avoid any discussion with the cops. However, as shared earlier, the test device is now displaying only a 6 month date.

Btw, when's your next test ? Can you check it then ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks