Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 18:57   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I have done the PUC test last week (BS4 Diesel, done at N. Paravur) and I see the same parameter being reported in Vahan website. However, the test report had other pollutants CO, THC/HC at idling and high idling RPMs, but the measured value is filled in only for the "Light absorption coefficient". So may be you are right, only this one needs to be within limits.
So the PUC test is still not serving the purpose correctly. It is only the 'blackness' of the exhaust gas that matters. Emissions of CO, NOx & HC aren't of any concern for the motor vehicles department.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 18:28   #362
BHPian

As per the PUC centers in Gurugram, new certificates are only being issued for 6 months for BS4 vehicles.

Any confirmation on this please? Is the norm in entire NCR?
Old 4th September 2021, 00:07   #363

Got PUC done for my Honda Jazz (Petrol - BSIV ) at Khadki,Pune today.
No questions asked , 1 year validity and no extra charges, Rs.90 as per the norms.
Pleasant experience!
Location link below :
https://goo.gl/maps/JpcN2WdnSrZoMXvJ7
vik87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 11:27   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post
As per the PUC centers in Gurugram, new certificates are only being issued for 6 months for BS4 vehicles.

In Delhi, I got 1 year for BS4 petrol i20.
Old 4th September 2021, 22:24   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post

Validity is 1 year. You need to make sure that the vehicle emission class is correctly mentioned.

I got PUC done for my BS4 vehicles (HR26) in March 2021. Got 1 year validity on first, but only 6 months on the second. On closely checking, I found that emission class was mentioned as BS3 for second one. I argued with the PUC guy to correct the emission class. However, he said he never entered the class.

Not sure if it's wrongly entered in the VAHAN database or entered wrongly by the PUC guy. Also, I checked vehicle details on VAHAN system but emission class is not displayed. Moreover, if its not correct in the system, I am not sure how to get is corrected. I am not concerned about paying twice every year, but any court/ authority may issue a diktat to invalidate BS3 vehicles.

One more thing, the PUC guy tried to fleece me by charging Rs. 200 per vehicle. By some trick, they omit printing the charges on the certificate . But he had already completed the tests and I was able to the download the slip from https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/puc/v...tificate.xhtml I showed him that and paid only Rs. 100 per vehicle and ignored his protests.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 4th September 2021 at 22:27.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 21:54   #366
Senior - BHPian

Today while returning from office I went to HP Fuel Station, Marathahalli for pollution test. While they agreed to give one year validity certificate for my diesel BS-IV TUV3OO but their instrument was not capturing vehicle RPM properly and gave up after few attempts. Then I had to go to my regular IOC Fuel Station Sri Venkateshwara Service Centre, Jeevan Bima Nagar for pollution test and got one year validity certificate.
Old 13th September 2021, 11:48   #367
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians,

Whenever I renew PUC certificate for my vehicle (BS4 - Petrol), there always seems to be a problem that I doubt if its genuine.

The PUC guy says O2 readings are not appropriate, get your silencer checked by service center, RPM issue etc.
I'm seeing this for past 2 years.
At the end, they say we'll do it for you but it'll take Rs. 250. That's really absurd as it should cost only Rs. 95 with Rs. 10-30 as extra for them.

Another guy said that let another BS4 vehicle come in, then the work will be done & your certificate will be ready based on that vehicle's results. I've gone upto 3-4 petrol pumps with half-day wasted along with petrol wastage due to continuous roaming in heavy traffic.
At the end, I had to pay him Rs. 200 for 1 year validity but I feel sad & angry at the same time that how long will I have to keep spending like this.

One guy even took a print-out of certificate where the result is 'Fail' & told me to pay Rs. 100. Come to him next day & he will do some jugaad to give me PUC certificate.

Also, I renew PUC certificate only after servicing my vehicle because at that time only I had to renew it.

Would like to know how has it been for you guys? Do you also face this kind of issue?
If anyone can suggest a good & trustworthy petrol pump who does not cheat people for PUCs by charging absurd amounts in Delhi-NCR.
Old 13th September 2021, 14:18   #368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post

The PUC guy says O2 readings are not appropriate, get your silencer checked by service center, RPM issue etc...
Has your car had a diagnostic check recently? If not, get one at a service center.

The O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold should generate an error if there's any abnormalities.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:35   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Has your car had a diagnostic check recently? If not, get one at a service center.
The O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold should generate an error if there's any abnormalities.
Hi Chetan,

In August, I had my car serviced at Authorised Service Center. After 2-3 days prior to PUC expiry, these (problems?) were conveyed by PUC certificate guy. I didn't believe him as I've just serviced the vehicle 2-3 days back at that time.

I'll tell service center guys to perform a diagnostic check whenever I visit them. Will tell them to check for any issues reported by PUC guy.

Thank you.
Old 13th September 2021, 18:06   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... Will tell them to check for any issues reported by PUC guy...
Friendly advice: whenever you get a diagnostic check, wait to see what it turns up, if anything. You don't want to proactively prompt them you suspect something specific, lest they try to use your suspicion and fleece you with repairs/part replacements.

Unfortunate situation but one has to be careful these days to not give service centers an excuse to empty our pockets.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 11:05   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Would like to know how has it been for you guys? Do you also face this kind of issue?
If anyone can suggest a good & trustworthy petrol pump who does not cheat people for PUCs by charging absurd amounts in Delhi-NCR.
Reliable PUC centre - Ram Service Station, Mathura Road

https://maps.google.com/?cid=17214338209598806154

They do not charge money if PUC fails. There is also no extra money demanded for their service.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 19:12   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Today while returning from office I went to HP Fuel Station, Marathahalli for pollution test.
Folks from Bangalore, can you please help me with a PUC center around Bellandur where I can PUC with 1-year validity? Most places provide it only for six months. For now, I have renewed for six months but down the line, I want to stick to one-year validity ones. It syncs up all maintenance-related activities of yearly service, insurance, and PUC around the same time frame.
Old 13th October 2021, 09:01   #373
BHPian

Would the wrong vehicle model in PUC cause issues anywhere - like during police checks or insurance claims? Two months after renewing our Wego's PUC, today I noticed that the vehicle model is mentioned as Fiero . Other details are correct. I believe this happened since the operator failed to choose the correct model in the dropdown. Is there any way to get it corrected?
Old 13th October 2021, 11:08   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
Would the wrong vehicle model in PUC cause issues anywhere - like during police checks or insurance claims? Two months after renewing our Wego's PUC, today I noticed that the vehicle model is mentioned as Fiero . Other details are correct. I believe this happened since the operator failed to choose the correct model in the dropdown. Is there any way to get it corrected?
Not sure about insurance claims. And for the cops, if and when you are ever asked to produce it, they only concentrate on the validity date. No way will they even glance at the model or even the registration number.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 11:35   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Folks from Bangalore, can you please help me with a PUC center around Bellandur where I can PUC with 1-year validity? Most places provide it only for six months. For now, I have renewed for six months but down the line, I want to stick to one-year validity ones. It syncs up all maintenance-related activities of yearly service, insurance, and PUC around the same time frame.
You can try the IOC bunk at Agara, 19th Main, HSR Layout. You need to tell the person in advance that the vehicle is BS4 and you need a 1 year valid certificate.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks