Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2019, 15:29   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
* No solution given for removing old windshield stickers & users are on their own to find their own solution for removing those glue marks.
Search and buy product called "Goo Gone" . It works like magic on removing stickers, labels, glue marks, tar spots, even paint spots without damaging anything much. Good fragrance too - but DON'T smell it too much!! Try it on a small area first of course.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 16:13   #227
BHPian

Here goes my PUC saga, for the lack of a better word.

Attempt 1. Ramesh PUC center (hosur, before Attibelle toll gate) -> unsuccessful
Went to place and asked him specifically for BS4, asked me to turn vehicle around and after that asked for my RC card. It wasn’t mentioned BS3 or BS4, so he said he would not be able to give BS4. I showed him that my previous certificate was BS4 but he wasnt agreeing (kind of take BS3 or leave it attitude). So rather than accepting BS3 and arguing with him I left .

Since I did not have much to do today, I thought why not go to my old place which was ~13km away (electronic city)

Attempt 2. Shanthi ETC center, near Indian oil pump electronic city—> attempt successful.(but not smooth.)

Took 20 mins to reach from attibelle toll from the above Ramesh PUC center.(low traffic)
As soon as I parked my vehicle he came and asked if diesel or petrol. I mention it is diesel and that I need BS4 certificate. This is when the drama starts.
PUC attendant: Sir,even with BS4 you will get only 6 month validity.
Me: No, it wont you just put BS4 and whatever valid comes i will accept.
PUC attendent: Sir, too many vehicles are there and diesel BS4 testing will take time. I have also not taken breakfast so will not be possible today.( he goes back to attending bikes)

I get out of my vehicle and stand there. He asks me for the older certificate once the bikes PUCs are done, I show him that it is taken from the same place.(and has 1 year validity) He doesnt say anything.Finally finishes off the bike related tests, asks me to park the vehicle in reverse and open the bonnet. He then asks for RC, when he see it he says that it is not mentioned BS4 anywhere, so i tell him all 2015 registered vehicles in Bangalore are BS4, also i say just give me BS4 i dont care if you care 10 Rs extra.

Knowing that I am not giving up, he proceeds with the tests and gives me the certificate. Final attempt successful. Paid 130 Rs (125 is the real charge)

Moral of the story:
Persistence and knowledge (and maybe joblessness) helps.

It is because of the chalta hai (life goes on) attitude and lack of time/effort that everyone is taken for a ride.

Another point being that even for a simple thing such as to get a PUC certificate we have to argue/run through hoops and is a struggle.

End of the day I feel accomplished. Even if I spend an hour extra + toll charges.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-7e989cbfff1e4791b86a09a7ca6a8bca.jpeg

But strange thing is that I have not got the vahan sms yet.

Last edited by SideView : 10th November 2019 at 16:42. Reason: Added info and corrected typos
SideView is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 13:41   #228
BHPian

So here is my problem. I have 2016 manufactured (Oct) and 2017 Registered Duster AWD in Noida. When i got my PUC done in 2018, i got one with 1 yr validity with BS4 written on it.

When i went this time couple of weeks back, the PUC centre issued me a 3 month valid PUC with BS3 mentioned on certificate. I checked their PC and the data it was picking from Vahaan database shows BS3. Apparently, they can not change it.

I checked my vehicle details on vahan database and it shows Euro 3. AFAIK the car should be BS4 (please correct me if i am wrong). How can i get my data corrected in vahaan ?

Last edited by deeps79 : 16th November 2019 at 13:42.
Old 16th November 2019, 14:05   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
But strange thing is that I have not got the vahan sms yet.

The same thing was going to happen to me.
When the PUC guy was entering the details online, I happened to peep into the computer. I randomly checked the car details and found my mobile number wrongly entered in the system. I asked him to edit it. Initially he said it cant be done but then agreed. I got my mobile number updated and received a SMS after few minutes of the PUC.

Suggestion: Its quite clear that your number is wrongly entered in the system. So you can go back to same guy and ask him to update. He may not want to do it willingly but eventually may do it. However you will not get a SMS again but next time you will definitely get it.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 16th November 2019 at 14:09.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 15:57   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
So here is my problem.

I checked my vehicle details on vahan database and it shows Euro 3. AFAIK the car should be BS4 (please correct me if i am wrong). How can i get my data corrected in vahaan ?
I think vahan related things you could get it sorted in RTO. For PUC i noticed the software has a drop down menu where the person can select BS4 or “BS3 and older”. By default it shows BS3, i asked the person to change it to BS4.( he did it with lot of hesitation)

But even BS3 should be 6 months. I have a feeling you were taken for a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post

Suggestion: Its quite clear that your number is wrongly entered in the system. So you can go back to same guy and ask him to update. He may not want to do it willingly but eventually may do it. However you will not get a SMS again but next time you will definitely get it.
No the data entered was correct. I am also able to see and verify it in.

http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ValidationRegno.aspx

My last PUC tests results wasn’t showing up. So all good except the sms.

Last edited by SideView : 16th November 2019 at 16:24. Reason: Trimming quotes
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 18:25   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
No the data entered was correct. I am also able to see and verify it
Did you verify the mobile number ?
Anyway the SMS does not matter as long as the details are registered on the government website.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 21:05   #232
BHPian

I have a query, should the PUC certificate be obtained from the state where the vehice is registered or it can be from anywhere in India?
Old 29th November 2019, 21:41   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoli View Post
I have a query, should the PUC certificate be obtained from the state where the vehice is registered or it can be from anywhere in India?
It need not be the same as long as you get it from an authorized centre.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 22:18   #234
BHPian

I need some help.
I am told that nowadays I need a printed PUC and hand written one won't do.

Can anyone advise me where I can find new PUC outlets that give printed PUC in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 1st December 2019, 22:20   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I need some help.

Can anyone advise me where I can find new PUC outlets that give printed PUC in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai.
Thanks in Advance.

Check here: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/puc/v...nterList.xhtml
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 13:19   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Thank you very much.
Forwarding this to my other moron friends who are not aware of the new rules.
Thanks again.
Old 5th December 2019, 10:55   #237

I just wanted to update the community on my problem with PUC which has now been resolved. I drive a KL vehicle here in Mumbai since few months. And since my PUC expired last month, I had been unsuccessful in securing one from the roadside OMNI PUC guys. Apparently when they would search for my KL vehicle the database would throw up zero results and therefore no PUC could be issued. Now this had become a real pain. But recently on my drive to Pune, I stopped before Lonavala at the food mall and there was a pretty grand looking nitrogen/air filling facility plus an online PUC shop. I just took a chance and asked him if a KL vehicle could get a PUC here in MH. And he said yes. Voila! Got the PUC valid till 31st May 2020 and received an SMS stating the same.
The attendant said that all cars registered after 2017 apparently have automatically been registered online on the database. I honestly don't know what exactly that means. But yes, now with the RC book, PUC and insurance in hand, I don't fear plying my vehicle here.
krishnamarathe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 19:47   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I need some help.

Thanks in Advance.
PUC certificates have been in printed form since long, when computers were linked to 4-gas analysers and printouts came with the input data (both typed by hand and fed by machines).
In fact, I do not think there is provision for hand written certificates any more ! Should you have one, please share -- it can be a collectors' item.
Old 24th December 2019, 10:34   #239
BHPian

PUC centers in the Kolkata metropolitan area are not able to issue certificates to vehicles registered in a different state. Their database is drawing a blank when they enter AP, KA etc registrations. I ran out of luck at the centre next to the 8B bus stand at jadavpur, which until recently, was able to help. They also are now online and are dependent on the vahan database which only supports local registration.

Can Bhpians suggest any PUC centers in the 'WB' area that can help issue a certificate?
Old 25th December 2019, 13:44   #240
BHPian

Like the usual, i went to get a puc certificate in Pune as I was planning an out of city road trip, however as a rude shock I came to know at PUC booth that my car doesn't a fuel type configured. Tried another booth, same story. Looked up my vehicle details on vahan site and my RC, both of them mention fuel type not applicable and no mention of emission norms either. I think its BS4, however not sure its late 2011 zen estilo.
Is there an easy way to get it updated on vahan database or visiting RTO is only way. Also, if RTO is only way, if anyone can guide about forms, documentation required so i can have it done in one visit. RTO is really far from home and its very difficult to get anything done there if you don't speak marathi,atleast that was the case in my last experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks