Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 15:34   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: LED lighting in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
hey, would u have some links and pics for this? i am thinking of putting them in a baleno.

This is not exactly the same, but close to that. Search around in that section and you might find something you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-DE3175-31...2873c3&vxp=mtr
Old 14th November 2012, 16:35   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Naveen, I checked with AutobulbsDirect over their FB page and this is what they had to say

I guess we are good to place the order now!
Any updates on this one. I am looking to get some of the bulbs on my Fiesta replaced by LEDs. Did you end up ordering them online, how was the fitment, and how are they fairing now?
Old 14th November 2012, 16:45   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Any updates on this one. I am looking to get some of the bulbs on my Fiesta replaced by LEDs. Did you end up ordering them online, how was the fitment, and how are they fairing now?
Which bulbs are you referring to? Is it the park lights? That will be a direct replacement.
Old 14th November 2012, 16:59   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Which bulbs are you referring to? Is it the park lights? That will be a direct replacement.
I understand that the bulbs for Fiesta are as follows -

1. 12V P21W 5W - Brake & Tail Lamp
2. 12V PY21W 5W - Turn indicator
3 WY 12V - Side Repeater
4. W5W - Side lamp (I am guessing these are the parking bulbs)

I was thinking of replacing the ones which would make the most difference with respect to looks/brightness. Also looking at having the fogs replaced too. Would LEDs give the bright neat white light for the fogs?

Would the warranty be void if this is done?
Old 14th November 2012, 17:47   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Naveen do you know the UK make corresponding to the Fiesta TDCi, I am looking at http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk for possible replacement bulbs.

Mods: Sorry for back to back posts, the time limit for edit was past.
Old 14th November 2012, 18:54   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=basilmabraham;2961945

I was thinking of replacing the ones which would make the most difference with respect to looks/brightness. Also looking at having the fogs replaced too. Would LEDs give the bright neat white light for the fogs?

Would the warranty be void if this is done?[/quote]

I'm not sure about the UK make. LED would definitely give white light. I have seen few fog LED's in cars here but wasnt satisfied with them (maybe those are low quality LED's). As for the other bulbs that you have mentioned, it should provide good light. Since it's just direct replacement of bulbs, warranty will be safe.

Check out dx.com. Pretty good site with free shipping. Have N number of lighting products. Although shipping is slow, they have many varieties. I have bought around 8-10 products from them.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 20:06   #217
Senior - BHPian

Dear Team, good evening, saw this fortuner on main road outside my sector. The new designed LED tail lamps. Sorry for the quality as i took pic while the car was moving.

AD
Attached Thumbnails
LED lighting in cars-photo0233_001.jpg  

Old 5th January 2014, 13:27   #218
BHPian

Has anyone come across this type of LED tube strips and are these available in India? This is from ebay, uk. Any comments on this is welcom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-TUBE-St...ce707c&vxp=mtr
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:25   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Old 23rd September 2015, 20:53   #220
BHPian

Have any of you tried or know about the dual color switch-back LED tubes/strips?

Here's one from AliExpress

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-85...74_75,201409_2

I am thinking of the tail lights of the Figo and wondering if I should just figure out to put these in and make the whole tail light clear. Any ideas on what else I'd need to do this?
Old 30th September 2015, 20:54   #221
BHPian

Ordered the white 16 led roof light for my City from Snapdeal. Ordered on Saturday and received it today. The led light is a bit longer may be millimetres. Since it is just a snap on type had no difficulties in installation. This led is bright and cool rather than the original dull and sober look. It doesn't turn off immediately but like the original dims and turn offs. Got it for ₹173 including shipping of ₹30
Old 1st October 2015, 09:19   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Ordered the white 16 led roof light for my City from Snapdeal. Ordered on Saturday and received it today. The led light is a bit longer may be millimetres. Since it is just a snap on type had no difficulties in installation. This led is bright and cool rather than the original dull and sober look. It doesn't turn off immediately but like the original dims and turn offs. Got it for ₹173 including shipping of ₹30
Can you post the link of the product from Snapdeal and also an image after installation?
Old 1st October 2015, 09:32   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Has anyone come across this type of LED tube strips and are these available in India? This is from ebay, uk. Any comments on this is welcom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-TUBE-St...ce707c&vxp=mtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Have any of you tried or know about the dual color switch-back LED tubes/strips?

Here's one from AliExpress

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-85...74_75,201409_2

I am thinking of the tail lights of the Figo and wondering if I should just figure out to put these in and make the whole tail light clear. Any ideas on what else I'd need to do this?
I used these in my headlights. However, the pictures are touched. They are not a contiguous unit, individual leds about a cm apart. The white sheath acts as a diffuser, and you get a good flow at night. But, during day time, the leds are pretty visible.
Also, after about a couple of years, in mine, a few of the LEDs are kaput, and its just plain ugly now.
Be very careful with these. because, to attach them, you have to make holes in the surface of your shrouds, so if youre not happy, or if they fail, its going to be expensive to go back the original.
Old 3rd October 2015, 23:27   #224
BHPian

Thanks Mayank. With the Figo crossing 30k, I am so very tempted to start experimenting with the car. I was thinking of taking out the tail lamps, removing the cover and then mouldings the flexible strip to look like "[" for left and "]" for right tail lamps. Then smoke / black out the entire inside of the tail lamps.

I'll keep the reliability in mind. Any specific brands you'd recommend when we get these off the internet? Or do I go to Local market?
Old 19th January 2016, 11:47   #225
BHPian

LED White-DRL/Amber-indicator combo

The LED bug caught on to me and I installed a bunch of them recently. The most interesting one was a DRL which is just a plug and play into the indicator socket.

DRL Mode, with OE indicator bulb replaced by LED DRL/Indicator combo bulb.
LED lighting in cars-img_20160118_195520.jpg

Right Indicator mode, where Right DRL switches off and flashes Amber. Left DRL stays on.
LED lighting in cars-img_20160118_195602.jpg

Left Indicator Mode
LED lighting in cars-img_20160118_195626.jpg

The bulbs came with wiring kit and resistors to avoid fast flashing. Power draw is 10W for both modes.

Last edited by RedOne : 19th January 2016 at 11:55. Reason: Your attachments have timed out. Please upload them into the next post and the uploads shall be merged with this one. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks