Re: LED lighting in cars

Hi anachronix,

Kindly let me know once the upgrade done,, am also willing to do the same
Old 30th May 2011, 18:28   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Since these are low power bulbs, there shouldnt be a problem while replacing them. These would just a plug n play type of bulbs. Kindly check this before you buy. I had used LED side blinkers before and it was just a direct replacement.

The site highly reliable. I bought three products from them before. 7 days sharp for the delivery from UK.

Kindly keep us updated on the progress.
Cheers
Thanks Naveen. I have been reading about the low amp ratings or usage (I am not sure of the term) of the LEDs that it requires a custom repeater circuit since the LEDs tend to blink much faster than the OE repeaters. Any concern around that or its alright to use without the OE repeater circuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi anachronix,

Kindly let me know once the upgrade done,, am also willing to do the same
Sure Jebs!
Old 30th May 2011, 18:36   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thanks Naveen. I have been reading about the low amp ratings or usage (I am not sure of the term) of the LEDs that it requires a custom repeater circuit since the LEDs tend to blink much faster than the OE repeaters. Any concern around that or its alright to use without the OE repeater circuit?
Kindly confirm it again. I had only used LED repeaters and for the rear no plates and they said it would be fine. I think this would work out fine but to be on the safer side, just confirm it.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 13:36   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Kindly confirm it again. I had only used LED repeaters and for the rear no plates and they said it would be fine. I think this would work out fine but to be on the safer side, just confirm it.
Naveen, I checked with AutobulbsDirect over their FB page and this is what they had to say

AutobulbsDirect wrote: "Hi Arun, you shouldn't need any additional components with the PY21W on a Fiesta. It should be a direct replacement."

I guess we are good to place the order now!
Old 31st May 2011, 14:54   #200
BHPian

Hi Arun,

It's really nice to hear that they are plug-n-play. Any idea about the total costs in INR?
Old 31st May 2011, 21:19   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Naveen, I checked with AutobulbsDirect over their FB page and this is what they had to say

AutobulbsDirect wrote: "Hi Arun, you shouldn't need any additional components with the PY21W on a Fiesta. It should be a direct replacement."

I guess we are good to place the order now!
Great to hear that. I had that feeling too since these were just LED's. It's good to place the order. Keep us updated buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi Arun,

It's really nice to hear that they are plug-n-play. Any idea about the total costs in INR?
It shouldnt be expensive. I had bought few items from them. They are reasonable and have very good collection of lighting products. Best part is that they deliver very quickly.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:29   #202
Senior - BHPian

Great and informative thread but what about those of us who are less technically inclined in these things. Is there anyone who makes Led headlamps, parking lamps, foglamps, rear light clusters and reverse lamps for cars? Say as simple as Jeeps? I would really like to know and get work done for my CJ3B and the MM550. Im not capable enough to do this as a DIY as im not technically inclined with electrics and electronics.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 21:59   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great and informative thread but what about those of us who are less technically inclined in these things. Is there anyone who makes Led headlamps, parking lamps, foglamps, rear light clusters and reverse lamps for cars? Say as simple as Jeeps? I would really like to know and get work done for my CJ3B and the MM550. Im not capable enough to do this as a DIY as im not technically inclined with electrics and electronics.

Hi

Check out dealextreme.com - I recently got DRL's - brake light - gear knob from them. At about 1/3rd the price, of accessory shops & decent quality. May not be the best - but VFM

They also sell all kinds of LED "bulbs", for the rear tail lamps, side indicators, parking lights !! Worth checking it out.

Delivery time around 2 weeks

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 22:50   #204
BHPian

Hi anachronix,

Any updates on your upgrade? pics and details please
Old 27th December 2011, 17:19   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
hi folks. here is a small circuit i made in my free time. we can term it as 'police lights'.

YouTube - 12072010.mp4

note: this is not a means of disrespecting the law by any means.
for any help, please feel free to PM me.
Hi,

Can you provide the circuit details including the component values. That would really help in assembling the right components and also if possible, please display the circuit in a document. I am planning to install the lights in the bumper. Awesome work done by you....
Old 31st December 2011, 11:09   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
Hi,

Can you provide the circuit details including the component values. That would really help in assembling the right components and also if possible, please display the circuit in a document. I am planning to install the lights in the bumper. Awesome work done by you....
I found something on youtube:

Old 4th January 2012, 19:49   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
I found another circuit and this is very helpful. I am buying components to assemble it. I will post pics/video if possible after assembling the same. May take some time as I am loaded with office work. If any one of you do this, please let me know. Also, it is easy to find the schematic diagram of the ICs provided in the diagram to understand the poles description of the ICs. Scroll through the entire page on the link provided below:

LED flasher circuit using 555 IC : simple electronics
Old 11th February 2012, 13:00   #208
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered for 2 LED replacement lights from ebay. Total cost including shipping is Rs.174, each is a 16 LED light. Hoping to get some light inside my old Esteem. The length is 31 mm against the 30 mm of the stock bulbs, I am sure I can squeeze them in. @ gigy, you are the pioneer man (not the stupid stereo), you tried this with your bare hands almost 6 years ago. Hats off.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:22   #209
Senior - BHPian

Got my lights and installed in the car too. NOW the interior looks fresh and bright. Wonder why car manufacturers do not make this standard. Will try to click pics in the night.
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:49   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Got my lights and installed in the car too. NOW the interior looks fresh and bright. Wonder why car manufacturers do not make this standard. Will try to click pics in the night.
hey, would u have some links and pics for this? i am thinking of putting them in a baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks