Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2006, 20:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

one more thing i noticed recently is that they have cut the fuel pump wiring and routed it through the kit wiring,mostly through the emulator , so i am thinking if the emulator goes bad can it stall the car completely. will try running the car with emulator removed in petrol mode when i get time and let you know.
if it is the case will have to install a standby fuel pump.
Old 14th December 2006, 20:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
one more thing i noticed recently is that they have cut the fuel pump wiring and routed it through the kit wiring
I think you are referring to the injectors and not a pump. I just checked this with my installer. He confirmed that there is no cutting of the injector wiring on my car and it will not stall if the emulator fails. However the emulator ensures that the injectors cut of in LPG mode.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 14th December 2006 at 20:39.
Old 14th December 2006, 21:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

i am talking of the petrol fuel pump wiring. one the car goes into lpg mode the fuel pump should not be running. the wire which is cut is of fuel pump. i have checked with bbaleno wiring diagram. it must be passing through emulator since i cant see any other component capable of controlling it. in case if there is a malfunction can it stop the fuel pump. like say if there is a relay inside emulator and it fails to come to normal state when lpg is shut off or fuse removed , then what will happen??????
injector wires are not cut. they go to emulator through matching female harness which if to fool the car ECU.
Old 15th December 2006, 12:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
This is indeed 6 kms/litre of LPG. Usually converted cars get between 2 - 3 kms less on LPG. I get 15kms/litre in the city with 90% AC. I should recieve 12 - 13kms/litre. That why I doubt my calculation method.
ajo, your problem is with the LPG bunks in chennai, mostly. another problem could be a very badly tuned kit. the last time i filled my tank, the reading said 55 litres, whereas the capacity of my tank is only 47 litres. how is that ???
Old 15th December 2006, 14:34   #50

Hi,

I have my Zen converted to LPG this Aug. Bets way to confirm milegae is "Full To Empty" making sure you have some petrol as back up. I did it 4 time and my zen is giving me 11-12 KMPL.....

One query The temperature indicator on my dashboard is droped below C since last few months. Do I need to get it rectified...or its fine????

My zen has crab engine so I always start on LPG and once in a week try to consume petrol across 2-3kms drive. Should this give me trouble in long run???

Waiting for your suggestions...
Old 15th December 2006, 15:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

Please get the gauge corrected immediately, else you will not be aware when your car overheats.
i hope your zen has a carb engine & not a crab engine. lol. please try to drive in petrol at least once everyday. this will keep the carb parts lubricated (My mechanic told me so)
Old 15th December 2006, 17:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
ajo, your problem is with the LPG bunks in chennai, mostly. another problem could be a very badly tuned kit. the last time i filled my tank, the reading said 55 litres, whereas the capacity of my tank is only 47 litres. how is that ???
John, Can we rectify this somehow. I heard the Saidapet bunk is accurate. Koyembedu, I heard is the worst of the lot. Where do you fill up? Have you ever asked them why this happens?
Old 15th December 2006, 17:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

i had this problem with the BP bunk near the koyambedu circle. i have not had the time to get at their necks so far.i have taken a bill for this & am planning to write to BP. we have to write to all oil companies & ask them.
Old 16th December 2006, 01:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
the last time i filled my tank, the reading said 55 litres, whereas the capacity of my tank is only 47 litres. how is that ???
So, U got MUGGED in broad daylight??
U paid for those "8 litres" ??

Last edited by nitrous : 16th December 2006 at 01:13.
Old 16th December 2006, 03:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If your tank capacity is 47 liters, the max LPG you can fill up is only 40 liters because the 7 liters in there is not usable because of low pressure. So you actually got ripped off for 15 liters. We fill up only at Reliance pumps in Bangalore.
Old 16th December 2006, 08:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

do find out reliable dispenser guys around and keep refilling whenever you pass buy that place. in north mumbai ipc guy near lilavati is known for quality and quantity. do not fil from hp guy near irla, i generally find hp guys dispenser not dependeable. as far as gas in concerned have a feeling ioc gives better stuff.
one more thing is the guage installed in our cars are not dependeable to know the exact value. keep refilling at one place a few times and check on total quantity filled. you can confirm both the guage and station.
initially when ny lpg kit was installed it was filling up60 lts and not cuting off. later he replaced the guage on tank and then it cuts of in 43-50 lts.
Old 16th December 2006, 09:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If your tank capacity is 47 liters, the max LPG you can fill up is only 40 liters because the 7 liters in there is not usable because of low pressure. So you actually got ripped off for 15 liters. We fill up only at Reliance pumps in Bangalore.

no, my tank capacity is 60 ltrs. the fillable capacity would be 47 ltrs. i got mugged for 8 litres for which i have taken a bill with my car number & am in the process of getting my own back.
Old 16th December 2006, 10:00   #58
ECM
BHPian

Help needed for this poor chap..E_L and other experts are invited to help this chap

Last week when I replace plugs in my Baleno I saw one esteem in mass and it was fitted with LPG kit.The owner was almost feeling like this> as he has one unique problem.He is from Surat and has replaced 3-4 silencors because of huge backfire.{Unique thing is backfire happens sometime and not all time!When it starts hitting it keeps hitting and sometime nothing happens inspite he travels 200-300 kms and car seems to okay,strage prob this guy has.}

When he drives for say around 10-15 kms on LPG suddently there is a huge backfire in the car.He has tried almost everywhere to solve this prob but till this date no luck so far.I too had a ride in his car and found that before the bigbang there are 3-4 small backfiring but the final one is so big that almost all people on the road stops(even those who are inside car-truck running on road!!!) to see from where this huge sound came from!!This poor chap has replaced 3-4 silencors as such big backfires took a toll of them,can you suggest anything for him?Mass is not able to solve this problem for your info.
Old 16th December 2006, 13:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

does he have this problem when driving in petrol also?
if on lpg only then is he running a rich mixture and cat converter becoming a explosive? i think he must be replacing silencer parts after cat converter or including it but not the header. he should replace all the spark plugs and see. also check the ignition cables and distributor.unburnt gas vapour is coming into exhaust. timing check, valve clearance? how old is the car? mpfi or carb?
does this occur only during initial starts when the engine is cold?
must be real scary to drive in such a condition.
Old 16th December 2006, 19:45   #60
ECM
BHPian

dear gigy,
I just called and ask service staff for the exact history and came to know that he gets the same problem in petrol also but this all happened after he installed the LPG kit,I dunno much but will try to find his contact details and will try to establish a contact with him tomorrow or latest by Monday as he is from Surat and came here to attend some marriage function.I also came to know rest all had been checked already like plugs,cable etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks