Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 15:32   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
I was reading the thread from the start when i encountered the following statement(on page 13)

So is that one shouldn't use Dusters like the Jopasu Duster, which has got excellent reviews from tbhpians or some other locally available dusters to dust-off the Dust on the car
I would put it very simply: Do NOT dry wipe the car, with any duster. If you must use a duster or cloth on a dry car, it must be twirled/brushed very lightly with no pressure at all in a manner that the dust swirls off. But it is easier to just drive the car - the dust will just blow off once you pick up a bit of speed.
Old 27th February 2010, 15:52   #497
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I would put it very simply: Do NOT dry wipe the car, with any duster. If you must use a duster or cloth on a dry car, it must be twirled/brushed very lightly with no pressure at all in a manner that the dust swirls off. But it is easier to just drive the car - the dust will just blow off once you pick up a bit of speed.
You can use a high quality microfiber cloth to dry wipe also- but you must know the technique and v imp the car ideally should be a waxed car so that the dust has not stuck to the surface.
I use the california car duster daily and it works like magic. I have waxed the car and do a top up wax every week using spray wax and every 15-20 days apply paste wax again. Every day only takes me 5 mins to use california duster to dust the dry car and its perfectly clean!
Old 28th February 2010, 17:35   #498
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
You can use a high quality microfiber cloth to dry wipe also- but you must know the technique and v imp the car ideally should be a waxed car so that the dust has not stuck to the surface.
Wax or no wax, I wouldn't use anything (dusters, microfibre cloth included) to dry wipe a car's surface. A quick hose down with a garden pressure hose will get all the dust off the surface following which you can wipe the car lightly with a damp cloth. This will ensure you don't strip the surface of the wax and saves it from scratches as well.
Old 1st March 2010, 20:41   #499
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Wax or no wax, I wouldn't use anything (dusters, microfibre cloth included) to dry wipe a car's surface. A quick hose down with a garden pressure hose will get all the dust off the surface following which you can wipe the car lightly with a damp cloth. This will ensure you don't strip the surface of the wax and saves it from scratches as well.
Which means you have not been exposed to the wonder called- CALIFORNIA CAR DUSTER
Just use it once, you will forget what you have ever experienced. The only way i have seen to be 100% sure of removing dust and with 0% chances of scratching your car. Microfibers also work, if used properly, welcome for a live demo, anytime!!!
Old 16th March 2010, 08:18   #500

California Car duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I use the california car duster daily and it works like magic. I have waxed the car and do a top up wax every week using spray wax and every 15-20 days apply paste wax again. Every day only takes me 5 mins to use california duster to dust the dry car and its perfectly clean!

Where do you get these California Dusters in India . who markets them and cost ?
manoj
Atlantik logistics
Old 16th March 2010, 11:54   #501
J.Ravi

California Car Duster can be purchased online through 20north.com, although, it is pricey and time-consuming.

Old 16th March 2010, 20:56   #502
BHPian

Try out the Jopasu car duster. Plenty of reviews in accessory section. I am using it and find it fantastic.
NutsNBolts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2010, 23:46   #503
Senior - BHPian

Bosch Aquatak 100 Plus

Did any one of you tried this car wash / garden cleaning equipment from Bosch ?

I recently seen it in a exhibition and found it will be useful to clean my jeep after otr. After couple days I opted myself a Bosch Aquatak 100 Plus and completely satisfied.

It is an excellent car wash tool, I would say it is a must have for Jeep/Gypsy/SUV owners as it really make the dirt out of your vehicle.

Here is my actual Bosch Aquatak 100 Plus picture.
For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean-img_6360.jpg
Old 17th March 2010, 09:19   #504
BHPian

Its BOSCH. I believe it will be a quality product.
How much did you pay for it ?
Old 17th March 2010, 11:11   #505
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantik View Post
Where do you get these California Dusters in India . who markets them and cost ?
manoj
Atlantik logistics
It sold in USA- and for all i know, its worth all the money you pay up. Cost is what you pay, value is what you get. 20 North is giving free shipping, the duster is not avail but the mini duster is avail with free shipping.
Its worth the price- if you can get someone to get it from the USA, the best option
Old 17th March 2010, 14:06   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
Its BOSCH. I believe it will be a quality product.
How much did you pay for it ?
I bought this under employee discount offer, Rs. 7800 (including door delivery and 500ml washing liquid). Since it was delivered to me by a distributer in Chennai, He also through few goodies which are not part of the box like half inch and one inch pipe clips & hose attachment(green colored one), tab attachment and demo at your door step.

The other version of the same product Aquatak 100 is little inferior with less power and without much attachments that will cost around 1000 less.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 13:39   #507
BHPian

Silicin glaze+Formula1 wax?

Hi Guys,
Need your expert advice here. I wanted to check if Iam overdoing this one.

I use Amway car wash shampoo to wash the car. Once a month i use the Silicon Glaze car polish. The output has been superb!. However wanted to check if the job is incomplete.

I have Formula 1 Car wax. Do I still need to use it post polishing the car?. Or it is already taken care of during the polish....

If I need to use the car wax, please help me with the process.
Old 11th May 2010, 13:51   #508
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 is wax "Polish".You can use either the Silicon or the F1 wax polish
Old 11th May 2010, 17:39   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Formula 1 is wax "Polish".You can use either the Silicon or the F1 wax polish

Thanks bro. but is there any sense to do both?
Old 13th May 2010, 12:16   #510
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Thanks bro. but is there any sense to do both?
They both do the same job so one should suffice. Also don't use them too frequently since they will actually take off small microns of paint every time you use them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks