Old 14th January 2008, 16:10   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Since past 3week, i have started using :

Turtle paste wax
Formula1 Tyre spray
F1 dash board spray
Pril mixed with water for glass cleaning( works like wonder...)

For car fragrance has anyone tried somthing like odonil????
Please do not try it....saying this from experience
Old 14th January 2008, 19:13   #362
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Hey that was just a wild thought, i use Ambi pur vanilla regularly but they hard last...
Wild thought alright..hehe odonil reminds of the loo..

Quote:
Since past 3week, i have started using :
Pril mixed with water for glass cleaning( works like wonder...)
Dude why pril when you can use Colin Glass cleaner !! Just dust off the err dust and then use Colin and wipe with a clean cloth.. or use 3m glass cleaner.
Old 14th January 2008, 19:43   #363
BHPian

How to remove minor scratches

Hi,

I have a Ford Ikon and have some minor scratches on it. Can any one tell me from where in Bangalore I can remove this scratches. I checked with dealer and he says repainting will be costly. I am looking at minor scratch removal.
Old 14th January 2008, 20:16   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
I am looking at minor scratch removal.
What exactly you mean by minor scratch? There are products available in the market to remove minor scratches. But they also have their limitations.
Old 15th January 2008, 09:32   #365
BHPian

@shalini_g If the scrtach is on the paint surface only without exposing the sheet metal then the rubbing compounds will do the job.But if the sheet metal is exposed, then painting is the only option. I had a scratch on my car door which looked very minor but it was deep which could not be removed by any amount of rubbing. Even tried the machine rubbing also. Left it as it is as it calls for painting the whole door which would cost me a 3000+ bucks. Local touch up will do but may appear like a patch work..Live with it...

Last edited by arunkumar_rec : 15th January 2008 at 09:34.
Old 15th January 2008, 15:05   #366
Senior - BHPian

About minor scratch repairing : One of my friend got a solution from Euro Gold,it's a small bottle.Just need to dip a small cloth in that solution and then need to be rubbed over the scratch.And this thing works like magic,the scratches just vanishes after some rubbing.Seen and done it myself on my car and it works for minor scratches.But won't work if scratches are too deep.This thing comes with a pack of some other car care product and my friend got it from a sales agent on Jeevanbima nagar BP bunk.Does anyone know if is it available on any of the shops or any similar product available?And what is it called ?
Old 15th January 2008, 16:27   #367
BHPian

Guys, for the first time ever i tried something other than Son of a gun for my interior polishing. This time i tried Euro Gold Dashboard shine. It is too good IMO. Simple spray like Deodorant and the result was very nice. No wiping, no hassles. I would recommend it to all those who wanna do interior polishing.
Old 15th January 2008, 16:51   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
Guys, for the first time ever i tried something other than Son of a gun for my interior polishing. This time i tried Euro Gold Dashboard shine. It is too good IMO. Simple spray like Deodorant and the result was very nice. No wiping, no hassles. I would recommend it to all those who wanna do interior polishing.
somehow I am not comfortable with the sprays for polishing .. be it the interior or exterior.. This is based on my experience with the Silicone spray for plastic/fibre parts. Literally suffocated when I sprayed it in the interiors. I think it is very bad for health.
I would rather go for hand applied wax polishes which doesn't make you suffocate.
Old 16th January 2008, 07:54   #369
BANNED

Quote:
Turtle wax is 250rs
Formula tyre apray for 200
F1 for 200

All of these you can get near Minister road shops..

Pril mix I use a spray bottle for litre bottle i pour some 25 ml.
I don't think that you'll get Turtle wax for Rs.250, it may be a fake !
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:18   #370
BHPian

Turtle Products at chennai

Could some one suggest reliable shops where the turtle range of products (ICE/Platinum) could be procured...

-Raghu
Old 4th February 2008, 11:45   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I don't think that you'll get Turtle wax for Rs.250, it may be a fake !

Mithun,

I bought the turtle paste waxfrom the only importer in India Technical parts Limited in Hyd here...

Now I have visisted there place stocked with loads of Turtle products in cartons...

Turtles regular waxes, like hard shell and paste waxes are not costly and only platinum and ice serries are of high prices...
Old 4th February 2008, 11:49   #372
BHPian

Fakes are most of F1 waxes, but neither of waxes do any harm from my exp. But the point is how long they last....
Old 4th February 2008, 11:54   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Hi,

I have a Ford Ikon and have some minor scratches on it. Can any one tell me from where in Bangalore I can remove this scratches. I checked with dealer and he says repainting will be costly. I am looking at minor scratch removal.

Shalini,

You can try:

Scartch out from Formula
similar scartch out products form Turle wax, or Sonax( you get these in Shell filling outlets)

These may help to some extent..
Old 5th February 2008, 13:43   #374

I have not taken the time to check if this query was already posted on this thread (it's just too long).

I have drops of sap from a sapota tree all over my car. The thing won't come off and it smudges and its sticky. Please have mercy and tell me what needs to be done to get rid of them. My car is black too so it is very visible. Thanks
Old 15th April 2008, 01:19   #375
BHPian

Pretty good article.
I used liquid Turtle Wax. since the early 90's. Works really well for polishing.

I have a query here about the 2K paint. The 2k paint has a clear/candy coat over the paint, what if some one polishes it once every 2 weeks patches of the clear coat start to disappear in patches around the overworked areas, can a painter renew the clear coat by spraying fresh coat, considering that there are no scratches or dents on the body line?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks