Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 17:05   #391
BHPian

black honda accord with scartches all over

YOu can take the car to any good workshop who has good polishing facility. The polish will clean up the scratches. No need for a paint job I think .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Dear folks,

I asked my peon to wash my black accord the other day and when I was returning home I saw the car with full scratches,that nutcase washed it with Vim soap(kapde dhonewala)and there are very deep scratches all over my accord,I tried buffing and polishing but no luck(did it froma local guy).Should I go for a full body paint?should i get it done from a good garage or Honda showroom?what is the damage like?;(
please

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread Merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.
Old 21st August 2008, 08:35   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Which acid to be exact?
Sorry to be replying so late.
Household vinegar, diluted, is the best.
Old 21st August 2008, 08:44   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
Guys, for the first time ever i tried something other than Son of a gun for my interior polishing. This time i tried Euro Gold Dashboard shine. It is too good IMO. Simple spray like Deodorant and the result was very nice. No wiping, no hassles. I would recommend it to all those who wanna do interior polishing.
I am trying to get son of gun from last one month for dash board in bangalore but shopkeepers says it is not coming. Any guy who knows where can i get son of gun in bangalore
Old 24th August 2008, 21:34   #394
BHPian

I use 3M tyre dresser for my car tyres to get that black glow quite often,one of my colleagues told me that using tyre dresser often reduces the life of the tyre is that really true?
Old 26th August 2008, 10:35   #395
jav
BHPian

hi guys is there any quick way to remove water marks especially on the window glass i tried everything mentioned in this thread which includes glass cleaner, vinegar, lemon. the car smells like salad dressing but the marks have not gone. thanks
Old 1st October 2008, 22:38   #396
BHPian

After trying many methods, finally got my michelins to look gleaming black, washed them with a stiff brush and Surf, then when dry spray them with Armor-All tyre dressing foam (Cost 150/-) the can looks like it will last for another 3/4 applications for four tyres.
Best result I have seen since the tyres were new!
Old 1st October 2008, 22:43   #397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
hi guys is there any quick way to remove water marks especially on the window glass i tried everything mentioned in this thread which includes glass cleaner, vinegar, lemon. the car smells like salad dressing but the marks have not gone. thanks
There is a complete thread dedicated to this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...indshield.html
Old 1st October 2008, 22:59   #398
BHPian

Armor-All tyre dressing foam in delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
After trying many methods, finally got my michelins to look gleaming black, washed them with a stiff brush and Surf, then when dry spray them with Armor-All tyre dressing foam (Cost 150/-) the can looks like it will last for another 3/4 applications for four tyres........

from where did i get that in delhi, is it ok for tyres health ????
Old 1st October 2008, 23:04   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
aka_iitd : I am trying to get son of gun ... for dash board
How about one from 3M ?
Quote:
filcord : .. the can looks like it will last for another 3/4 applications for four tyres.
That's all ?! My can of 3M tyre-dresser is looking like it will last me much longer.
Old 2nd October 2008, 10:16   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How about one from 3M ?
That's all ?! My can of 3M tyre-dresser is looking like it will last me much longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
from where did i get that in delhi, is it ok for tyres health ????
Condor - will be able to report only after finishing the can! Just a rough guess.
Notorious - Most car accessory shops will carry it. It's now legally imported to India, carries a sticker with MRP, etc.
Old 5th October 2008, 19:50   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

For all car lovers in Bangalore. Keeping your car clean in this city is impossible. Here is a brief list of entries that I have suffered from in my last 1.5 yrs.

Traffic
Parking facilities
Graffiti enthusiasts and beggars at signals
Workshops that fix one panel and spoil two panels
Trucks that sandblast your car on highways
Tyre/wheel shops that leave their marks on your alloys
Coconuts/twigs falling off on the roof (even while in motion)
Street sports - cricket balls.

I am sure future is promising enough to add more improbable things to this list.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:30   #402
BHPian

I saw this Wonder clean sponge mop in a super market. It says , can be used for kitchen slabs,tiles......, basins and windows,mirrors and also cars, mobikes, scooters.

Is this safe for washing my black car and windshield?
Old 7th October 2008, 10:36   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How about one from 3M ?
How much does a 3M tire dresses cost and where can i buy it in B'lore. Does this create a jet black look?
Old 7th October 2008, 11:02   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenest99 View Post
How much does a 3M tire dresses cost and where can i buy it in B'lore. Does this create a jet black look?
You don't really need to go for 3M. You'll get the same from SONAX and WAXPOL. They're known as tyre shine.

Remember, after applying you need to wait for around ten minutes and wipe out to get that matt black look.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:25   #405
BHPian

I use formula wax n wash for my car. After that I use the Carnauba Wax to polish my car.

Apart from that I also sometimes use Formula 1 Metallic Polish it gives a fab shine on the metal.

I have a Tire Shine purchased from Dollar Shop in the mall, its gives a 6-7 hrs shine to my tire, makes it shining black.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks