Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 11:52   #316
BHPian

What exactly is a tyre shine spray?
Old 5th September 2007, 14:42   #317
BHPian

It is like a foam in a spray bottle. hold it in 6" from the tyre wall and spray on it. tyre becomes white with foam and after 3-4 minutes dries up and leaves the tyre with a brand new black look.

I got it from a filling station which used to be of Shell but lately has been turned into a BP outlet now. maybe you can search for some in your area.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:27   #318
BHPian

Hi,

I own a Bolero (1 month old), rocky beige (sort of funny because it a light green) in colour (don't know which category I fall in).

I am from Bangalore and I stay in BG rd (behind IIM). I use a road throught the forest to reach my office in Electronics City. Hence my car is full of grime within 5 minutes of leaving my place, due to the slush on the way, especially now because of the rains in Bangalore.

I am scared to wash it, using the instructions in post #1, due to fear of scratches on the paint and on the windshield. Am forced to use a garden hose fitted with a nozzle which helps me spray water on the car. Huge waste of water, I know. Which is why I am here.

1. What is a good way of washing of grime/slush from the body without scratching the paint?

2. I do a lot of travelling (already done 5200, its been one month since i took delivery and i am planned for another 2000 in the coming 2 weeks). I notice the car accumulates a lot of grime on the windshield. What is a quick way to clean the windshield as its imperative to have it clean and scratchless on highway, especially in the twilight time and during night

Can some one help me on this? Rudra da or anyone?

Raj!.

Last edited by rajagopal_j : 5th September 2007 at 17:35. Reason: lots of spelling mistakes! sorry!
Old 5th September 2007, 20:20   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
It is like a foam in a spray bottle. hold it in 6" from the tyre wall and spray on it. tyre becomes white with foam and after 3-4 minutes dries up and leaves the tyre with a brand new black look.

I got it from a filling station which used to be of Shell but lately has been turned into a BP outlet now. maybe you can search for some in your area.
Is it available in car accessories shop and can we do it at home? If yes, what brand?
Old 5th September 2007, 21:09   #320
Senior - BHPian

Tyre shine spray is indeed available at good car accessories shops, I bought a can of Sonax from Metro Cash & Carry, one can lasts for 24 applications, so it says, mine lasted for about the same if not slightly more.

Haven't seen it again in Metro though.
Old 5th September 2007, 23:04   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Is it available in car accessories shop and can we do it at home? If yes, what brand?
Most car accessories shops have these. Might not be the same one i am talking about but there are many to choose from. The main point is that you should go for a reputed brand.

And it is very easy to apply. Just wash your tyres with water, apply this foam and leave it, VOILA in 5 mins you'll have the showroom shine. Read the directions of how to use though.

Last edited by kjdesigns_2000 : 5th September 2007 at 23:06.
Old 6th September 2007, 10:34   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I think F21 car polish may contain cleaning agents. It is after all called a "polish", and the site mentions that it "fills-in light surface scratches and swirl marks to provide a deep, rich, high gloss shine".
To me this sounds like something that has abrasive qualities to remove scratches,etc.
The link you provided directs to F21 Protectant, which is meant for leather, vinyl, dashboard, etc. A commonly available substitue for this is Armor-All protectant. I use this for all plastics, including bumpers, excellent product.
the product that i have is a car wax. however it doesnot say that it cleans the surface, which btw is mentioned on the turtle wax super hard shell bottle.

however, i cannot find the correct link for the product.
sorry for posting wrong link.
Old 6th September 2007, 10:54   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Yes, these are available at most car accessories shops. Gives the tyres a good shine. You can leave them as it is after spraying, for the shiny look, or else wipe with a cloth for the dark but non shiny look.

I use one on my car tyres, cant remember the brand now, cost Rs.150/-.
Old 6th September 2007, 11:13   #324
Team-BHP Support

Check out WAXPOL tyre shine. Costing around 250/-. Pretty good product.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:50   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
the product that i have is a car wax. however it doesnot say that it cleans the surface, which btw is mentioned on the turtle wax super hard shell bottle.
You may be right about the F21 wax. It is quite expensive. What are the results on your car?
Old 6th September 2007, 16:59   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
You may be right about the F21 wax. It is quite expensive. What are the results on your car?

let sunday come mate. i am yet to try it. weekdays..u see
Old 6th September 2007, 17:12   #327
Senior - BHPian

What about 6 layered complete detailing solutions for the car. I saw an ad. today regarding this.

Anyone's done it for their car? Is it of any use. How much does it cost?

Last edited by csentil : 6th September 2007 at 17:21.
Old 6th September 2007, 19:15   #328
BHPian

I went to Car R Us on mission road a couple of days back.

got the seats cleaned for 600 bucks. Kinda expensive because there is hardly any specialty labour or skill involved. If you can lay your hands on that degreaser thean you can do it in under an hour.

Interestingly, talking to Ganesh the owner he was telling me about the chamois leather that he was seeling. 1000 bucks for a single cloth and what surprised me was the he was saying you can use it to "wipe" of the dust. You can use this for washing or wet the chamois and wipe of the dust without leaving marks. Never heard of this one before, except people use chamois for drying.

Since i below to the god forgiven catergory, blessed with a black car, i dont know whether this is a good idea.
Old 6th September 2007, 20:58   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
...it to "wipe" of the dust. since i below to the god forgiven catergory, blessed with a black car, i dont know whether this is a good idea.
even if we use gods own hands to wipe of dust, it might cause scratches.

so i think using chamois is not is good idea, however guru s will be able to comment properly.
Old 7th September 2007, 14:05   #330
BHPian

Hi,

Got the following rates for
Paint protection - 2+1, 1 year warranty - 4070/-
Underbody rust protection - 1500, 2 year warranty
- 3500 5 year warranty
the above rates are for 3M paint protection & underbody coating,

Can anyone confirm if these are reasonable and as per market rates ?

Pls reply urgently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks