Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2006, 07:49   #196
BHPian

I have a query here. I bought one of those microfiber cloths on ebay.in.
Would like to know if this can be used on paint surface for
1. Washing
2. Waxing

I tried to use it for waxing and found it turning slightly red (my car color) and so I immediately stopped.

Cheers
Sharath
Old 11th December 2006, 10:23   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu View Post
I tried to use it for waxing and found it turning slightly red (my car color) and so I immediately stopped.
The cloth should have nothing to do with the colour coming off. If there is a problem with the cloth, it would either leave scratch/swirl marks or streaks if not absorbent enough. Most likely the cutting compound is too strong.
Old 12th December 2006, 18:33   #198
BHPian

On the inside of my car M800, there are some yellow like stains at the top, where the roof meets the body....it's visible thru my inner rear view mirror and it looks real bad.
Any liquid that I could use to clean it off ?

Thanks.
Enjoy.
Old 13th December 2006, 10:22   #199
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure what the roof of the m800 is of. Mostly just first try a mild soap solution. If it is fabric type, you may have to try an upholstery cleaner.
Old 13th December 2006, 14:33   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseGuy View Post
On the inside of my car M800, there are some yellow like stains at the top, where the roof meets the body....it's visible thru my inner rear view mirror and it looks real bad.
Any liquid that I could use to clean it off ?

Thanks.
Enjoy.
if it is on the roof, try mild soap & water. if it is on the metal, try cleaning it with spirit/alcohol (uh-huh, strictly for the car)
Old 13th December 2006, 17:56   #201
BHPian

My brand new Black Baleno (God Save Me) has been streaked by an auto. The read mud guard of an auto has left mark a 3 inch long streak on the lower side of the front door. There is no deep gash but the yellow paint of the auto has been imprinted. I tried washing and it does'nt go. The car will due for 1st service in another 2 weeks and I going to check with the Dealer if he can do something. In the meanwhile, is there something I can attempt.

I am thinking of applying some black shoe polish on that area (pls don't laugh) and hide the streak. Any advice ?.
Old 14th December 2006, 00:52   #202
BHPian

hi subbu
and ouch .painful to imagine that yellow streak on your car.i guess all that the service guys will do is rub and take off the yellow streak and i am guessing some of your original paint will come off with it.also i think you will be able to see the indentation that the scrape might have left after this is done.black shoe polish is a great idea.i use thison my black splendor quite often to cover scratches
Old 14th December 2006, 11:31   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
My brand new Black Baleno (God Save Me) has been streaked by an auto. The read mud guard of an auto has left mark a 3 inch long streak on the lower side of the front door. There is no deep gash but the yellow paint of the auto has been imprinted. I tried washing and it does'nt go. The car will due for 1st service in another 2 weeks and I going to check with the Dealer if he can do something. In the meanwhile, is there something I can attempt.

I am thinking of applying some black shoe polish on that area (pls don't laugh) and hide the streak. Any advice ?.
hi subbu...Go to any spray paint shop....they wil remopve it using a bit of rubbing compound and also polish it....may cost aroun 40 bucks
Old 14th December 2006, 12:39   #204
BHPian

swirl marks

Guys .. my car has been washed about 15 times by the local gaadi dhone waala since i have bought it..
There are swirl marks already..

Can I get rid of these? How do I prevent them from happening!!!
Old 14th December 2006, 15:00   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Guys .. my car has been washed about 15 times by the local gaadi dhone waala since i have bought it..
There are swirl marks already..

Can I get rid of these? How do I prevent them from happening!!!
To prevent:
1. Examine local gaadi dhone wala hands - if he wears any rings/kada fire him and hire somebody else.
2. Check the cloth he is using. Should be soft and not stiff thick cloth.
3. Take trouble to see his method. Most dhone wala / drivers do a lot of dry wiping. So dust acting like abrasive creates swirl marks. Ensure he uses lots of water and no dry wiping.

To remove: Try any decent brand sratch and swirl remover.

For peace of mind: Such things, like scratches, dings and dents are unavoidable so have courage and peace of mind to accept the things you cannot change.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 14th December 2006 at 15:02.
Old 16th December 2006, 11:36   #206
BHPian

hi members any idea where we can get this 3M Perfect It Show Car wax in mumbai and has anyone tried the services provided by "the bike & car salon" guys
Old 17th December 2006, 05:19   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedometer
An ex-member who really keeps his cars in immaculate condition gifted me the 3M Perfect It Show Car wax paste .
What is the price of 3M Perfect It Show Car wax paste ?

Is it available in the local market or is it a import ?

Last edited by mithun : 17th December 2006 at 05:20.
Old 17th December 2006, 06:30   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
There is no deep gash but the yellow paint of the auto has been imprinted. I tried washing and it does'nt go.
I had this type of problem on my ALTO earlier. I used "SCRATCH OUT" and it did the job. Use it carefully on the affected area, i.e. do not rub it hard, as it has strong corrosion compound.

Last edited by goldsun : 17th December 2006 at 06:31.
Old 21st December 2006, 22:41   #209
Team-BHP Support

Hello people,

I'm currently and wanted to pick up a few stuff for my car. So far I've thought of tire cleaner, alloy wheel cleaner, and leather conditioner. I dont have any idea for car wax and not sure how to apply these.

I needed some suggestions on these stuff if anyone else has tried them. There are a lot of options here. Ive shortlisted a few of them below:

Interior leather:
Armor All® - Leather Care Gel
Armor All® - Leather Protectant
Armor All® - Leather Care
Turtle Wax

Tyre cleaner:
Armor All® - Protectant
Armor All® - Wheel Cleaner
Turtle Wax

I cant decide between the armor all and turtle wax products. Any polish and swirl remover i can get? I have a black lancer.

edit: how abt this for the exterior:
Armor All® - Wax-It-Dry™ Gel

do i need to get a chamois for this?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st December 2006 at 22:59.
Old 22nd December 2006, 21:52   #210
Team-BHP Support

Ok I've decided on these finally. Rudraji, whats your experience of these stuff? Pls. let me know I will be picking them up next week.

Interior leather:
Turtle Wax

Tyres:
Armor All® - Protectant

Alloy wheels I'm not sure at all if they are safe to use on the lancer SFXi alloys:
Turtle Wax

Exterior gel:
Armor All® - Wax-It-Dry™ Gel

I was thinking of getting a swirl remover but i believe it removes a layer from the paint to remove the swirl mark. I usually get the 3M treatment done once in 1.5yrs so I dont think so I'll need this but still wanted to know from anyone who has used this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks