Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2006, 18:18   #121
Senior - BHPian

yeah the turtle wax 2001...is good ..u can use it on ur side strips ...also on your dashboards...but dont put on the steering as it might slip ....

about poilshing ,i start from the top and then go below ...as when u clean the top....u can spill something onto the doors or the bonnet and mak eit dirty or cause rework ...also the lower parts are always slightly dirtier than the top ..so you might have to use the same cloth on the top ...
also after doing the roof i start waxing the side the sun is ...as there are chances that hot sunlight may fall on the car ...so its always better to wax that part first ...

about teh wax ...allow it to dry to a haze and then Rubbbbbb rubbbbbb rubbbbbb till you are satisfied ...
Old 11th May 2006, 18:24   #122
BHPian

hi members which is the best antirust/underbody coating
Old 12th May 2006, 15:46   #123
BHPian

Thanks for this amazing car care tips, It really brings out the enthu in you. BTW I love washing my car every sunday morning and hate if it rains the same day heehee. This polishing part will really keep out the water drops. so, I will add the wax part also after the wash.
*peace*
Old 12th May 2006, 15:46   #124
BHPian

Anyone as good as http://www.tpc3carcare.com/ in New delhi

Anyone as good as http://www.tpc3carcare.com/ in New delhi
Old 13th May 2006, 18:33   #125
BHPian

My Car air Purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabh_kaushal
In USA, i have seen my friends use car ion-charger. I am trying to get it in india. Perhaps in car market i can get it. Else, i will get it from usa. It cost around 20$ but on discount sale its around 12$. It removes the odour of smoke and perfumes.
Dear Amitabh kaushal,

I m using Crompton Greaves Air Purifier............whichcosted me 2500/--but dont look at price.....the effect we get is so good......it purifies inside atmosphere the way nature does...

It help remove bad odour....cigarate smell.... freshen the inside atmosphere.It works on the principle of negative ionisation.There are 6 razor sharp needles....which gets high voltage supply through pulse transformer thereby emitting negative ions....which attracts dust...bacteria...pollens inside car.... deposite this dust on metal plates which u can clean........it constantly give very fresh air........within an hour or so.....all ur bad odour will be removed.......it can be pluged into cigarate lighter jack.............I m using it since a year.....I remember my long travelling days.....inside airconditioned cabins.....there is lack of fresh air.....hence oxygen......also positive ions are increased inside cabin resulting in headach.....vomiting....but with this air purifier I noticed clean fresh air hours after hours.............power consumption is very negligible.....its a must in city like mumbai...delhi....etc..

I have room air purifier from crompton greaves too which also work in the same way..........................

This product is not sold in shops.....if any one interested....I can pass on the link...its available in mumbai.....their sales person will visit ur house.....

Read this link for negative ions......http://www.negativeiongenerators.com/
negativeions.html

http://www.surroundair.com/negative-ions.htm

Enjoy
Old 14th May 2006, 00:06   #126
BHPian

where can u get in it in mumbai

You don't have to put the entire quote.
Besides, he's mentioned clearly who to contact.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th May 2006 at 07:56.
Old 14th May 2006, 14:25   #127
ECM
BHPian

Coasting

Which in general term known as Teflon coating.Would love to see members' comments on this.I simply advise to use it and it prevents scratches on the body shell and keeps color shiny for atleast 3 years.
Old 14th May 2006, 22:28   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Which in general term known as Teflon coating.Would love to see members' comments on this.I simply advise to use it and it prevents scratches on the body shell and keeps color shiny for atleast 3 years.
I am one who believes that teflon coating is just an eye-wash. Its just a waste of money. Had teflon coated my 2005 Esteem VXI(Silky Silver) from my car-dealer. I wasn't too impressed though. I bought another Esteem VXI(Silky Silver) in 2006 and did the TPC3 Valugard coating done which comes with a 3 years service warranty. I can say it is top-notch. I paid 4.5k and its worth it. The gloss and shine that the paint gives is unmatched by any paint related treatment that i have seen. I don't know about scratches since touchwood there isn't one scratch in my Esteem. But yes the paint is smooth to touch and it repels water very effectively. Overall i say from experience that i feel Teflon Coating is a waste, you can go in for Paint Protection Treatment by either TPC3, Autoglym, 3M or any other reputed center. It maybe slightly more expensive than Teflon but then its well worth it. I am soo happy with the quality of TPC3 that i got the same treatment done for my 1 month old Baleno as well. LOVE IT

cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 14th May 2006 at 22:30.
Old 14th May 2006, 22:43   #129
BHPian

hi prince85 where did u get the tpc3valugaurd treatment done,had called the dealers number shown on the site near my place(dadar) but that number is out of service then called up the main dealer he said he will get in touch but no response
Old 15th May 2006, 09:34   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi prince85 where did u get the tpc3valugaurd treatment done,had called the dealers number shown on the site near my place(dadar) but that number is out of service then called up the main dealer he said he will get in touch but no response
You can get in touch with Mr. Rajesh Manchanda on 9821095545. I got the treatment done at my place itself soo if you interested, you can get it done at your place with prior appointment. There are 3 different types of treatments available namely Royal Guard, Amazing Glaze and top of the line is Valugard. Hope it helps.
\
Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 15th May 2006 at 09:37.
Old 19th May 2006, 11:45   #131
BHPian

Such a nice advice Thank you so much,,.
Old 19th May 2006, 19:02   #132
BHPian

hi members frm mumbai anyidea where u can get microfibre towels tried autoncare was given some 3-4 numbers and finally one guy said they dont sell it,but its for their personal use so any other place to get these towels
Old 20th May 2006, 01:04   #133
lancer_mania

what are these towels .whts so special.also is there any such thread for keeping bikes clean.

Old 22nd May 2006, 11:00   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi members frm mumbai anyidea where u can get microfibre towels tried autoncare was given some 3-4 numbers and finally one guy said they dont sell it,but its for their personal use so any other place to get these towels
You can get micro-fibre towels in Mumbai from TPC3. They cost 200 bicks approx. Contact Mr.Rajesh Manchanda of TPC3 on 9821095545. I have been using it for my Baleno and Esteem. They are very useful for dusting the car-body or windows without any chance of scratching the paint surface. Extremely useful to wipe the car down after a wash. It leaves no trace of lint behind at all. I use these towels to wipe my car dry after a wash and also to clean the interiors since it leaves behind no lint at all and has this amazing magnetic ability to lift off dust particles with ease.

Note- It has a very poor water absorbing ability

Highly recomended for car-lovers who love to keep their rides in spic and span condition.

Last edited by prince85 : 22nd May 2006 at 11:03.
Old 25th May 2006, 02:09   #135
BHPian

metallic colour and scratch protection

Hi All !!

I am using this post to know whats the best way to protect the metallic colour of my new Aveo and also protect it from scratches.

I have heard that Teflon coatings by dealers are mostly an eye wash as they use wax instead.

Please advice me for place in Delhi where i can get this done and whats the right price for this.

Thanks !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks