Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2006, 09:31   #91
Team-BHP Support

another amazing device that Rudra has is a dedicated Ramalingam who actually keeps calling Rudra in Chennai to find out when the car arrives so that it can be cleaned ASAP on sunday night.
Old 6th February 2006, 16:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy

I am car cleaning fanatic and I spend atleast 3-5 hours every sunday on my car. I have a fixed schedule for soap wash, waxing, Stp, Engine compartment wash, under chasis wash, 3M glass cleaning and the works. Other than this my car is wiped every day with damp cloth.

Any guidelines on cleaning the Car Under body ?? I dont have a option of elevating my car...so how do u get the cleaning done ?
Old 6th February 2006, 16:59   #93
BHPian

Excellent.....!!!!!!

thanx rudra.....

dada.....

this is an excellent topic.......

which featured everything i required....

to know about cleaning the car....

as for me i just got hold of my brand new ford focus2006.....

and well was wondering how to keep the shine on the tires......

this has really helped me out with it.....

neways since i smoke......

is there any particular air freshner i can get to......

remove the stench of smoke out of the car.....

because i always had the smoke smell remaining in the zen back home....

which to get out i had to....

finish nearly a whole bottle of axe.......

heheh.....

cheers.....

PsychoLyn

p.s. i dont allow even my self to smoke in the new car....

will be posting pics of the new baby soon....

Note: Thanks and congrats. Love to see your baby's pics soon. I've removed your bold and italics. It's much more easy on eye. Use bold only to highlight your points. Like I've done here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th February 2006 at 17:58.
Old 6th March 2006, 18:17   #94
BHPian

buy car ion-charger

In USA, i have seen my friends use car ion-charger. I am trying to get it in india. Perhaps in car market i can get it. Else, i will get it from usa. It cost around 20$ but on discount sale its around 12$. It removes the odour of smoke and perfumes.
Old 6th March 2006, 18:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
BTW, In general, Bangalore cars are best cared cars in India.No offence meant to other cities, but Bangalore cars are the cleanest cars.
No! An emphatic NO. The best cared cars (or for that matter, most automobiles including Auto Rickshaws, mopeds) I have seen are in Kolhapur. Anybody who has visited the place can vouch for it. Long time back (around 10 years) when I was working in Bangalore, I saw few autorickshaws in Bangalore with MH-09 (Kolhapur) passing. I was puzzled and hence checked with one auto driver. He said, that is because they get well maintained second-hand auto rickshaws from there.
Old 9th March 2006, 08:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

What should be done if you wash n polish your car n the very same day it rains...????
Can i maintain the glossy finish ( frictionless) surface i got after polishing..!!! Or should i wipe the whole car with a wet cloth...
Old 9th March 2006, 09:11   #97
Team-BHP Support

Wipe the car with moist/damp cloth. May sound funny but in the process you'll also remove extra wax sitting on the body. Actually your car will look more glossy after that...prat real and part imagination...
Old 9th March 2006, 09:16   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Wipe the car with moist/damp cloth. May sound funny but in the process you'll also remove extra wax sitting on the body. Actually your car will look more glossy after that...prat real and part imagination...

and if u still have the patience ...wax it again ...BTW i know when its gonna rain again here in bengalooru .....amitoj knows how i know that
Old 9th March 2006, 10:47   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
BTW i know when its gonna rain again here in bengalooru .....amitoj knows how i know that
Yeah next time before i wax my car, i will call up SS and ask him if he is also gonna wax his car that day or the next. If he says yes, then am not gonna wax mine coz i will be pretty damn sure then that it will rain soon.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Yeah next time before i wax my car, i will call up SS and ask him if he is also gonna wax his car that day or the next. If he says yes, then am not gonna wax mine coz i will be pretty damn sure then that it will rain soon.
and that is wat happend this time also ..i waxed my car and was admiring it when it started raining .....so i cleaned the car again and again waxed it the next day ....it rains again the next day ....

and this has been happening ever since i came to bengalooru ...everytime i msg amitoj that i have waxed my car and then after sometime it starts raining ....

mabbe gaaaaad wants to clean my car after i wax it ...

saaaaarrrry faaaaar being aaaaf taaapic
Old 9th March 2006, 23:41   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
Colin for windsheild is fine but if it falls on the car's paint it might damage it.

Its always safer to use a automotive glass cleaner. Maruti has one as a MGA.
Yeah, don't use household cleaners on your car's windscreen man, it'll mess up the view in the rains when you have the wipers on.
Old 9th March 2006, 23:43   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
What should be done if you wash n polish your car n the very same day it rains...????
Can i maintain the glossy finish ( frictionless) surface i got after polishing..!!! Or should i wipe the whole car with a wet cloth...
Use a wet cloth & you've scratched the paint for sure. Instead just use some water & a clean chamois cloth....much better bet than a wet cloth.
Old 13th March 2006, 11:11   #103
BHPian

hi members what to use to clean the top i mean frm inside(black finger prints left behind while installing the suncontrol film the fiesta sxi has a carpet type or suede type material on top)

Last edited by yogi1771 : 13th March 2006 at 11:13.
Old 13th March 2006, 11:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi members what to use to clean the top i mean frm inside(black finger prints left behind while installing the suncontrol film the fiesta sxi has a carpet type or suede type material on top)

use a good upholstery cleaner ....u can get them from any car accessory shop
Old 15th March 2006, 05:43   #105
BANNED

Recently bought a 225 ml Dashboard Spray for Rs.150 which is made in Turkey. But there is no usage instructions on it. On another polish I've seen the instructions which tells to spray it to the dashboard directly and allow it to dry and after wipe it off with a clean dry cloth.

So what is the correct way of applying Dashboard Polish ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks