Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2005, 22:06   #46
BHPian

guys- wanted to ask you.. I had done Car Teflon Polymer coating from Auto-n-Care Professional Services on my New Honda City,which was bought 1 1/2 months back..
Well,on 26th/27th July Mumbai downpour,the car was affected by flood,the level of water was upto the wipers...my question -
1.Should I get Polymer coating done again??..
2.The Under Body Anti-Rust coating was also done by them,with 5 years warranty on it..should I take the car to them for them to inspect/repair the under body for signs of any rust??..will it be covered under their Anti-Rust warranty?
They are pretty good at the job - www.autoncare.com

cheers,
sr
Old 19th August 2005, 15:51   #47
BHPian

buzz..buzz..need opinions on my last post..
looks like bhpians are busy with Raksha Bhandhan..enjoy,and protect your sisters,and take them for a drive !..then come back home,and then give your opinions/answers for my post !

cheers,
sr
Old 21st August 2005, 19:37   #48
Team-BHP Support

srasania,
Polymer coating or Teflon coating is not going to protect your car’s body. If the damage is apparent on the painted surface (dull/faded look) due to lengthy contact with contaminated water, then you should go for paint treatment. Check out where can you get 3M treatment done in Bombay. I’ll try to get you the address from their Bangalore office. AUTONCARE should be good also. I’ve no experience on their service but just by their web site.

There shouldn’t be any issue with under body anti-rust coating. Rust will take some time to develop and that will happen if there’s any trapped water inside your body panels and such.

HONDA service center should check your car for any damage before you take it for body treatment.

Sorry, I was not regular on forum for last few days hence this delay on replying.
Old 25th August 2005, 11:53   #49
BHPian

Any idea on how to deal with paint chip off? There are some tiny areas where the paint kind chipped off exposing the metal underneath and some times some white layer below. Any ways to fix this?
Old 28th August 2005, 15:28   #50
Team-BHP Support

Guys I need some help... I have been looking for a can of STP S.O.Gun here in Pune since 2 weeks but am unable to find someone who sells it... only one accessory shop had a small bottle (plastic) which I didn't buy for reasons being too small and a small instinct saying its duplicate. Can someone tell me where in Bombay I can find this can (the same size from the pic). Please provide addresses shop names from suburbs close to Andheri.
Thanks.
Old 28th August 2005, 17:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
srasania,
Check out where can you get 3M treatment done in Bombay. I’ll try to get you the address from their Bangalore office. AUTONCARE should be good also. I’ve no experience on their service but just by their web site.

There .

3M has a agreement with TATA Pasenger vehicles showroom to provide services in location. Found out about them from Autocar advertizement and calling them up. But I was not impressed so much after visting. The products they offer are very much limited. By the way a full body paint treatmnent will cost 2500 including waxing.
Old 22nd September 2005, 17:47   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Guys I need some help... I have been looking for a can of STP S.O.Gun here in Pune since 2 weeks but am unable to find someone who sells it... only one accessory shop had a small bottle (plastic) which I didn't buy for reasons being too small and a small instinct saying its duplicate. Can someone tell me where in Bombay I can find this can (the same size from the pic). Please provide addresses shop names from suburbs close to Andheri.
Thanks.
Hi,

did you get this in Pune ? If yes then please tell me i want to buy the same.
Old 27th September 2005, 12:02   #53
BHPian

To have a dark tyre...

I've got this tip from one my friend, haven’t tried it yet...

Making use of the ointment (left out n expired ofcourse), after a quick wash n ensure the tyre wall surface is dry before application. Spread the solution / ointment like how we do butter on the bread. Use a mica scrap or any flat card like object for spreading. That should give a good impression.

Should I say it’s a cheap or an economical way to take care of tyres...

Let me know if any of you guys had worked like this before.

Last edited by VtecDeGr8 : 27th September 2005 at 12:05.
Old 29th September 2005, 04:28   #54
BHPian

how do I take care of alloys? can they be waxed?
Also I use Armor-All on tail-lights and indicator lenses, the colours have not faded and still look new and shiny after seven years.
Old 29th September 2005, 07:04   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecDeGr8
Should I say it’s a cheap or an economical way to take care of tyres...
No, it’s the best possible way to ruin your tyres.

If you want to go real cheap on this, use glycerin (you get that in chemist shop).
Scrub your tyres with detergent and hard brush. Wash it clean. Take few cap full glycerin in a mug. Mix with little water and apply with a small cotton waste. Allow the surface to dry naturally (don’t drive the car immediately). Driving the car immediately after this will attract dust from the road.

Glycerin takes couple of hours to dry and give that mat black look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
how do I take care of alloys? can they be waxed?
Read that very first post of this thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th September 2005 at 07:06.
Old 29th September 2005, 09:54   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabh_kaushal
Hi,

did you get this in Pune ? If yes then please tell me i want to buy the same.
No luck :( I tried a lot of accessory shops in Pune. Will source it from Bombay itself.
Old 29th September 2005, 12:34   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
No, it’s the best possible way to ruin your tyres.

If you want to go real cheap on this, use glycerin (you get that in chemist shop).
Scrub your tyres with detergent and hard brush. Wash it clean. Take few cap full glycerin in a mug. Mix with little water and apply with a small cotton waste. Allow the surface to dry naturally (don’t drive the car immediately). Driving the car immediately after this will attract dust from the road.
Hi Rudra - Thanks for correcting me; Good that I have not tried it on my car (thought of doing that on this weekend). May be its better to clarify these sort of ideas in the DF before experimenting.

Thanks once again
Old 15th October 2005, 13:02   #58
BHPian

Cleaning tips in detail wanted ....

I am in category black ... (Black zen) I have lots of cleaning questions

1. Can we cover the car (i have an Maruti Genuine Accessory MGA cover) , the moment we are back (engine is hot ... )

2. People ask us to use B&W newspaper to clean the windscreen , but then when ? Even if its dirty or first it has to be wiped with a cloth ?

3. How to keep black body scratchless, people ask to use wet(damp) cloth, but that leaves water marks .. thats again irritating.

4. The yellow cloth available at petrol pumps for 15/- a piece in hyderabad are again a pain to use, since they leave so many yellow fibres that i have to use another cloth to clean the place that has been cleaned by the so called better cleaner.

Can someone tell the whole process of cleaning (for cars in "god only can help" category) .

1. Daily cleaning.
2. Rainy Day cleaning - Once we are back from a rainy drive (How do we manage that .. should we clean and let it dry before covering)
3. Proper usage of paper/cloth. (details please, just writing that use newspaper is of no help, since i find using newspaper can leave more scratches if the windscreen is dry and dirty) ....
4. Weekly detailed cleaning.
5. Cleaning interiors.

Thanks, its going to be of great help. I am planning to buy Forumla 1 scratch out from ebay (170/-) + shipping , is it worth buying ?

Also what are the other products suggested and approx costs and where they are available (in hyderabad if someone knows)

I am using something like "Colin" for windscreen and other glass .. is it OK ?

Cheers
GChandra ...

Last edited by gchandra : 15th October 2005 at 13:04.
Old 16th October 2005, 09:00   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchandra
1. Can we cover the car (i have an Maruti Genuine Accessory MGA cover) , the moment we are back (engine is hot ... )
You should allow the engine bay to cool down before covering the car.
Quote:
2. People ask us to use B&W newspaper to clean the windscreen , but then when ? Even if its dirty or first it has to be wiped with a cloth?
B&W newspaper should be used only when you’re washing your glass area. Instead of using cloth, use newspaper to wipe it dry.
Quote:
3. How to keep black body scratchless, people ask to use wet(damp) cloth, but that leaves water marks .. thats again irritating.
Follow the process as I mentioned in the first post.
Quote:
4. The yellow cloth available at petrol pumps for 15/- a piece in hyderabad are again a pain to use, since they leave so many yellow fibres that i have to use another cloth to clean the place that has been cleaned by the so called better cleaner.
I repeat, follow the process as I mentioned in the first post.
Quote:
Can someone tell the whole process of cleaning (for cars in "god only can help" category).
I think I’ve covered most of your points in my write up. Please go through it again.
Quote:
Once we are back from a rainy drive (How do we manage that .. should we clean and let it dry before covering)
That’s the best thing you can do if your energy level permits.
Quote:
3. Proper usage of paper/cloth. (details please, just writing that use newspaper is of no help, since i find using newspaper can leave more scratches if the windscreen is dry and dirty)
Newspaper should not be used on dry glass surface.
Quote:
I am planning to buy Forumla 1 scratch out from ebay (170/-) + shipping , is it worth buying?
Not really. I have this and haven’t found it impressive.
Quote:
Also what are the other products suggested and approx costs and where they are available (in hyderabad if someone knows)
Get in touch with Hyderabad boys or plan to buy all these from Bangalore.
Quote:
I am using something like "Colin" for windscreen and other glass .. is it OK ?
Nothing wrong but not a must. Try VISTA glass cleaner. Should be available in Hyderabad.
Old 16th October 2005, 13:10   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
No luck :( I tried a lot of accessory shops in Pune. Will source it from Bombay itself.
You could try Dollar Store.. they might have it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks