Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:57   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Turtle wax (pure) Platinum is also realy good and (best according to me) Bombay is the place get a regular supply.
Even here you must be discerning. TW Platinum Precision car wax has a cleaning agent.
However they also have another product in the Platinum series, called Ultra Gloss. This is a pure wax-content product, and recommended to apply over new paint or paint that is already waxed.

Check the site Turtle Wax, and download their brochure available at http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/Brochure/...flet%20PDF.pdf

Rudra, I cannot seem to find any site selling Turtle Wax in India. Have sent a couple of mails to Tpc3, but no reply. Any references?

Last edited by filcord : 2nd September 2007 at 07:58.
Old 2nd September 2007, 09:02   #302
BHPian

Turtle Wax - Asia

here you go.
at least the kolkata distributor is useless, he didnt have platinum yesterday.
Old 2nd September 2007, 09:18   #303
BHPian

can i wipe the body of the car after washing using a b&w newspaper. i know that only the glass should be wiped using newspaper, but the washing guy wiped the body using newspaper and i stopped him saying its not advisable. so my query.
Old 2nd September 2007, 11:48   #304
BHPian

Dr. Have you managed to get anything from the site. I e-mailed the person mentioned there, about a week back, no reply.
@Hemant, this is already discussed, so let me shout:
DO NOT WIPE THE PAINT WITH NEWSPAPER.

Even the thought makes me shudder.
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:56   #305
BHPian

which site, if u mean tcp3, then the ans is NO.
but someone went to the kolkata address given on turtle wax asia page, looking for platinum , no luck.
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:57   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
which site, if u mean tcp3, then the ans is NO.
but someone went to the kolkata address given on turtle wax asia page, looking for platinum , no luck.
Yes, I e-mailed tcp3, as I had seen this address in an earlier post here. Last week I accessed the Turtle Wax Asia site and e-mailed the Technical parts company address at Hyderabad mentioned there. No reply
I also called them up on the phone and they denied being the dealers/distributors of Turtle Wax products.
This is now becoming a detective chase.
Does any member know where to get these products in India?
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:43   #307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Even here you must be discerning. TW Platinum Precision car wax has a cleaning agent.
Man, you're really after me. Aren't you?
Well, I meant Platinum series (Ultra Gloss). I have it and need to get some more.
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:46   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, I meant Platinum series (Ultra Gloss). I have it and need to get some more.
You don't use the 3M liquid wax anymore?
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:23   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
sent them an email, can anyone in Delhi send me the 3M contact details ? Any phone nunbers etc.

Thanks
It seems 3M don't have their own workshops etc for the paint protection or rust protection treatments, I spoke to someone from 3M and this guy says they have a tie-up with Maruti and only MSM Okhla, Delhi can do it.

the person doing it will be from MSM and not 3M, also he says they use lot of products but no details of the products being used is shared with me.

I got the following rates from him (Tentative rates), the actual rates will be as per MSM Price List

Product : Paint Protection 1+2
First treatment - Today
Second Treatment or Service - 6 Months down the line
Third --- 10 Months down the line

The protection lasts only for 5-6 months, afterwards a fresh coat/service is needed. Prices are approx 3.5 to 4k for the above 3 visits.

For rust protection, he has advised to go for 5 year treatment which is rubber based coating and will provide sound deadening, heat insulation & will not Chip (3M guarantee against any chipping).

Request the experts to advise if this is good or any other details needed ?

Also, if anyone has got it done from MSM Okhla, pls advise if they are good for this 3M paint/underbody type of treatment etc.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:07   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I'm known to be a little anal on some things, so my dear wife says!
Yes, I too want some Ultra Gloss.
I remember, some twenty-odd years ago, had a bottle (glass) of Turtle Wax...something..., brought by a relative from Canada. I used it on my Maruti van, the shine on the car had to be seen to be believed. After six years, it looked better than showroom gloss.
After that I have used various other products, nothing matches to TW.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:40   #311
BHPian

well, i have been come across a turtle wax F21 which was to me by a friend.
could not find much on it. but it was expensive 1100/-.
thankfully it was a gift.
it doesnt contain cleaning agents
will try it this sunday

http://http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?erube_fh=erblog&erblog.submit.PostDetail= true&erblog.blogid=19&erblog.BlogPostID=177
Old 5th September 2007, 08:06   #312
BHPian

Quote:
well, i have been come across a turtle wax F21 which was to me by a friend.
I think F21 car polish may contain cleaning agents. It is after all called a "polish", and the site mentions that it "fills-in light surface scratches and swirl marks to provide a deep, rich, high gloss shine".
To me this sounds like something that has abrasive qualities to remove scratches,etc.
The link you provided directs to F21 Protectant, which is meant for leather, vinyl, dashboard, etc. A commonly available substitue for this is Armor-All protectant. I use this for all plastics, including bumpers, excellent product.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:23   #313
BHPian

Quote:
i dont think excessive waxing is a cause of concern. my idea is the moment beading of water stops ,i touch the paint to feel if the smoothness is still there , if its not , its time to wax.

somebody sometime ago gave a link to autopia where they test many waxes , among which most of them lasted less than 4 weeks,turtle wax platinum going down in 2 weeks, so i figured if platinum lasted 2 weeks, turtle wax or formula ll last only a week or so, confirmed by crude touch -feel,and waterbeading observational methods.

thats why i wax it every sunday,and its group thing that i have started here. 3 other doctors also join me to wash and wax their cars having beer
and enjoying.

DOC,

You are lucky having company for regular waxing, its perfect said that best of waxes tend to lose its gloss and nature in about 1-2 weeks time.

Since you are in the place where it rains most, every week is good.

I do the waxing for my car every 2 weeks, btw I see waxpol the pure wax is really great. But the amount of energy it takes is...

I use formula 1 and at times when i find some hard swirl marks, I apply waxpol.

Guys,

Pls. suggest me a good Tyre shine spray which are regularly available in market.

Thanks,
Old 5th September 2007, 11:02   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Guys,

Pls. suggest me a good Tyre shine spray which are regularly available in market.

Thanks,
Go for Turtle wax tyre shine, i have it and it really does it job very well, got mine from a petrol pump store for 400 Rs.

Very easy to use, just clean the tyre with water and you can apply it on wet tyre or dry, no wiping no rubbing. good product.
Old 5th September 2007, 11:13   #315
BHPian

Thank you,

KJ,

By the way which filling outlets have them.

I ll check in Hyd.

Cheers!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks