Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 16:38   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Try Helium next time. Cheaper then Nitrogen too. Just dont take your head close to a burning candle.
Sure then i wont need roads, i am good to fly
Old 27th May 2009, 16:45   #527
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Now beat that!
As i was typing my reply, Einstein walked over tapped on my shoulder and held down the backspace key. He then looked at me and said "I am alright now my son, it does not hurt any longer". And poof he dissappeared. I heard a wailing in the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sure then i wont need roads, i am good to fly
Ha ha ha ha, nice you took it in the right spirit. I was preparing myself for a broadside. Cheers.
Old 27th May 2009, 17:06   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I have seen this hypothesis proved by a lot of... guess who? - Nitrogen Filling equipment manufacturers

Do a google you will come with a few.
We cannot trust them.

Nitrogen is the best thing that has happened to me in the recent past. Please do not prove me wrong.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:18   #529
BHPian

, I had moved over to nitrogen in my tubless tyres now close to a year, and I found it very comfortable on long drives. The drive is much comfortable, the top ups are done just once in three months, and i have done just one complete refill after my 6 months drive. Go for it..
Old 7th July 2009, 19:13   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
, I had moved over to nitrogen in my tubless tyres now close to a year, and I found it very comfortable on long drives. The drive is much comfortable, the top ups are done just once in three months, and i have done just one complete refill after my 6 months drive. Go for it..
Can you let me know where in south bangalore can i get nitrogen filled up?
Old 7th July 2009, 19:29   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Can you let me know where in south bangalore can i get nitrogen filled up?
Madhus on the richmond road double road juction below the fly over, and when you drive from there on towards the J.C road side there are a few shops. Also I saw a petrol station near the cubbon park police station with the Nitrogen fill banner. I guess these places are south Bengaluru.
Old 8th July 2009, 18:30   #532
Senior - BHPian

I am still to find a nitrogen filling station in Navi Mumbai. Any one having pointers.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:03   #533
Senior - BHPian

Tires - Nitrogen air loss study: Consumer Reports Cars Blog
Quote:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has seen reduced aging of tires filled with nitrogen. Though the data does support that passenger car tires could benefit by all the claims made for nitrogen, tire manufacturers say that they already design tires to perform well with air inflation. And while nitrogen will do no harm, manufacturers say that they don't see the need to use nitrogen,
Quote:
More important, all tires lost air pressure regardless of the inflation medium, so consumers should check their tires' air pressure routinely
Old 18th July 2009, 09:42   #534
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I am still to find a nitrogen filling station in Navi Mumbai. Any one having pointers.
you can also try at Sai Iyengars, Just before IIMB, on Banneragatta road.
Old 18th July 2009, 18:24   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
you can also try at Sai Iyengars, Just before IIMB, on Banneragatta road.
Banerghatta Road in Navi Mumbai?? I thought its only in Bangalore.
Old 18th July 2009, 19:06   #536
knp
BHPian

^ sorry sir. I was trying to reply to this message "Can you let me know where in south bangalore can i get nitrogen filled up?"
I hit the the wrong Quote button.
Old 19th July 2009, 21:21   #537
BANNED

when i went to wheel alignment after my tie rod end change, the person filled normal air for tyres, but mine is nitrogen filled at indian oil outlets, i said dont fill normal air, since its nitrogen filled.

But the owner said, its not pure nitrogen at indianoil outlets, also it will make the tyre harder with nitrogen use, and it is not needed in normal car, it should be used only in race cars. I am bit confused now.

Old 20th July 2009, 17:25   #538
Senior - BHPian

That's a thought, but hard to believe that use of nitrogen will make the tyres hard. For all you know the owner might be giving the explanation to cover up for not having nitrogen with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
when i went to wheel alignment after my tie rod end change, the person filled normal air for tyres, but mine is nitrogen filled at indian oil outlets, i said dont fill normal air, since its nitrogen filled.
But the owner said, its not pure nitrogen at indianoil outlets, also it will make the tyre harder with nitrogen use, and it is not needed in normal car, it should be used only in race cars. I am bit confused now.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:06   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
That's a thought, but hard to believe that use of nitrogen will make the tyres hard. For all you know the owner might be giving the explanation to cover up for not having nitrogen with him.
I have filled my car tyre with Nitrogen and today I refilled after 3 months. I feel the tyres are hard and I could not press the tyre before refilling.
After filling nitrogen I found that the car tyre screeches before ABS comes into action which didn't happen before. I am not sure whether it is because of Nitrogen or some other problem.
Old 21st July 2009, 12:27   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have filled my car tyre with Nitrogen and today I refilled after 3 months. I feel the tyres are hard and I could not press the tyre before refilling.
After filling nitrogen I found that the car tyre screeches before ABS comes into action which didn't happen before. I am not sure whether it is because of Nitrogen or some other problem.
I don't think N2 is chemically reacting with rubber of Tyre. And again hard to believe. BTW, regardless of Normal air or purchased N2, pressure inside tyre may be playing a role here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks