Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2018, 13:06   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti's AMT woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Hello Audioholic, how is the juddering issue with your car now? I remember you replaced the clutch set for the 2nd/3rd time. Have you found any permanent fix for this problem?

I am asking because my car is at Maruti service center now to solve the same. The clutch set was replaced on my celerio at 13k, and the juddering is back at 21k. They are checking for throttle body, spark plugs, engine mounts, amt calibration, etc. again, but I think its useless.
I recently completed the 20k service. Judder is present, but not very pronounced as before. It appears once in a drive when I try to accelerate in second gear. But its definitely not comparable to my earlier experiences. This is the third clutch set and I was offered a replacement during the 20k service. But I decided to not take it since I want to have a dialogue with the higher ups at Maruti. Unfortunately, I am short of time due to a busy work and travel schedule.

They need not beat around the bush in your case. Just tell them that you need a new clutch set and are not ready to let them experiment with the other stuff and making you repeatedly visit them. Parallely, you can tell them that you will escalate the issue to the regional office of MSIL. I am going to do the same since now I have documentary proof that the car has required repeated clutch replacements.

Unfortunately, most of the customers are not aware of the issue, and these cars are usually sparingly driven for errands and stuff. That is the case with the two other AMT cars in my near family. They have not even done 5k kms in a year. Hence, such issues never come up.

I suggest that in this thread, we make a list of all the affected users. That will have a strong hold when dealing with Maruti. Please pitch in for the same with your usernames at least.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 14:20   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I want to have a dialogue with the higher ups at Maruti.
Even I want to do the same, but Marut's escalation matrix is such that you have to go up step by step, starting with dealer. I tried it in the past, and that's how I got my first clutch set replaced. Since the dealer did everything I said, I cannot escalate further. I really wish to do it though.

Quote:
Unfortunately, most of the customers are not aware of the issue
This is the major problem, and service center guys takes advantage of it. One of the mechanic told me yesterday that this juddering is very common and present in all cars , and surprisingly many people believe them also

Quote:
I suggest that in this thread, we make a list of all the affected users. That will have a strong hold when dealing with Maruti. Please pitch in for the same with your usernames at least.
I suggested for this in the past to give the list my dealer, but it seems our members are not that interested in it. Anyways, I can start one, please do the needful correction in format/thread/text:

1) Sparky - Rajkot
Sparky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 14:34   #213
BHPian

Quote:
I suggested for this in the past to give the list my dealer, but it seems our members are not that interested in it. Anyways, I can start one, please do the needful correction in format/thread/text:
Our Celerio clutch was replaced under warranty after lot of visits to ASS (Bimal) around 12K kms on ODO. Juddering is back after 2K kms and still there. We are planning to getting rid of the car this year.

1) audioholic - Bangalore
2) Sparky - Rajkot
3) hillsnrains - Bangalore
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 14:37   #214
BHPian

My 2016 WagonR AMT (11500 Kms) too had the clutch replaced recently. Before clutch replacement, it was shuddering at every gear change. Problem seems to have resolved post clutch change.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 17:55   #215
BHPian

Just an update on my celerio which was given to service center for solving the juddering issue. The SA informed me that they are going to change the Clutch Set, Throttle body, and Flywheel on my car. This decision came from one of the senior Maruti person, who was visiting the service center/showroom by chance. Since the service center does not have Flywheel in stock, they will replace all parts together after few days. Lets hope that replacing this combo solves the issue, I request experts to give their comments on it.

The list of members facing the juddering issue stands as:
2) sparky - Rajkot
4) prasanna_indaje - Bangalore
Sparky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 01:06   #216
BHPian

my celerio just back after 30k service. My SA told it is common and I believe him. I don't think the clutch is the issue at all. Or else the judder would not reappear after clutch change.

Curious why throttle body is being changed!!!! Is that where the problem lies?

I feel a software update would resolve the whole issue and I hope we will achieve critical mass with this representation to push maruti to act on it.

The list of members facing the juddering issue stands as:
2) sparky - Rajkot
4) prasanna_indaje - Bangalore
5) joe-Ker - Chennai

Last edited by Joe-Ker : 30th March 2018 at 01:08. Reason: correcting autocorrect
Joe-Ker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 08:19   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Ker View Post

Curious why throttle body is being changed!!!! Is that where the problem lies?
They have a SOP of sorts to address jerky driving, but not this judder. In my case, the first time I reported the issue, they tried resetting the throttle body as an SOP. However, that is no way related to the issue. Since the car has an electronic throttle, if this is faulty, the car will jerk while driving. They somehow seem to have linked this with judder. But the real issue is with the judder itself.

Thanks to everyone for responding to the list. This list is meant to be a pool list of owners facing this issue so that it can be used to prove that the problem is not a one off issue and is a common recurring issue in many cars. It would be for ones own good that the list gets bigger since it will be taken up seriously by Maruti. No need to fill in your personal details. Just a track of usernames is more than enough to get an overall number of people facing the issue.

By end of april, I will write another mail to Maruti, keeping multiple people in copy. I have told the dealer about the same and he cant do much beyond offering a warranty replacement of the clutch. The last time I spoke to a TSM called Keshav Nargund, he gave big promises, but ended up flashing the wrong software update to my car and the car was with them for a day. End of the day, he calls me to tell that my car had a newer software than what he wanted to flash and there is no change. I wanted to write a stinker of a mail for that, but due to work and travel schedule, it was not possible to do it. Now I see that he has been replaced.

My main concerns to be addressed are:
1. Why the issue has not been addressed till date.
2. What will happen after the warranty expires.

I feel guilty to sell this car in the longrun, since I dont want the buyer to go through this mess. Hence I even purchased the fifth year warranty recently. But once I get some free time, I am going to whack each one in the escalation chain. Worst case, my car will get a nice set of decals which will explain the issue and advise prospective buyers to stay away. That should draw enough attention. Hopefully, things should not get that dirty.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 10:00   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Since the car has an electronic throttle, if this is faulty, the car will jerk while driving.
Thank you for clarification on throttle body, any idea why Flywheel?

Quote:
By end of april, I will write another mail to Maruti, keeping multiple people in copy.
I also want to do the same, but how can we bypass the escalation from dealer level? Since the dealer is doing everything we say, how can we put them to blame! The actual culprit here is Maruti (technical dept.)itself, I think.

Quote:
My main concerns to be addressed are:
1. Why the issue has not been addressed till date.
2. What will happen after the warranty expires.
Very correct questions. I would like to add one more.
3. What is the main and ture reason for juddering in these many K10 AMTs?
If Maruti can give detailed answer in layman language, it would be appreciated by many owners.

Quote:
I feel guilty to sell this car in the longrun, since I dont want the buyer to go through this mess. Hence I even purchased the fifth year warranty recently. But once I get some free time, I am going to whack each one in the escalation chain. Worst case, my car will get a nice set of decals which will explain the issue and advise prospective buyers to stay away. That should draw enough attention. Hopefully, things should not get that dirty.
Yes, you are right about guilt feeling. It won't be right to pass on the nightmares to the next owner.
Sparky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 10:24   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also want to do the same, but how can we bypass the escalation from dealer level? Since the dealer is doing everything we say, how can we put them to blame! The actual culprit here is Maruti (technical dept.)itself, I think.
Two ways to this - 1. Inform the dealer directly that you want an answer from the company and not the dealer and ask him to organize a meeting with TSM and RM. 2. Put a word to the dealer and write directly to Maruti and ask them to respond.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 11:07   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Two ways to this - 1. Inform the dealer directly that you want an answer from the company and not the dealer and ask him to organize a meeting with TSM and RM. 2. Put a word to the dealer and write directly to Maruti and ask them to respond.
I tried many times requesting dealer to get help from Maruti for this issue, contact them at least and let them know about it, but SA told me that they represent Maruti itself and company has to go through service center only to solve the issue. At most, he promised to contact the service center of bigger city if required.

I think my SA is more worried about their reputation, their inability to solve the issue will make them look down, may be. He is good guy by nature, I surely want to nail down Maruti for this, but not at his cost. When service center finish work with my car this time, I am going to warn them that this is the last time I am taking it lightly, next time I am contacting Maruti for this for sure.

@audioholic, you have my full support when you write to Maruti, I can give my car history, my contact info, whenever you want, just let me know.
Sparky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 14:14   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Worst case, my car will get a nice set of decals which will explain the issue and advise prospective buyers to stay away. That should draw enough attention. Hopefully, things should not get that dirty.
If you have to go to this step (and I hope it doesnt), get two sets made. one for me too.
Finally that may get my celerio a second look from passers by

Im overall ok with the car but I just cant digest this attitude of the manufacturers and that too towards cars in warranty.

Last edited by Joe-Ker : 30th March 2018 at 14:16.
Joe-Ker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 17:14   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one with problem AMT around Sohna road Gurgaon? Want to understand (and if possible feel ) the issue. Or am I lucky that at 25k no problems driving the Alto with most of it in stop go mad house traffic of Gurgaon.
Old 30th March 2018, 19:07   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Any one with problem AMT around Sohna road Gurgaon? Want to understand (and if possible feel ) the issue. Or am I lucky that at 25k no problems driving the Alto with most of it in stop go mad house traffic of Gurgaon.
I guess it's just pure luck that drives some of these problems. Similar to VAGs DSG gearboxes. Some owners report 60K km without hiccups while some are stranded with a broken DSG at just 20-25K km.

Don't overthink here. Hope your car serves you in the same way for miles to come.

Last edited by vishy76 : 30th March 2018 at 19:10.
Old 1st April 2018, 12:20   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I've done 53k on the Alto AMT. There is a minor issue but iv managed to be gentle with throttle input to work around it...

Last edited by Knowall : 1st April 2018 at 12:23.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:11   #225
BHPian

Quote:

Hence I even purchased the fifth year warranty recently. But once I get some free time, I am going to whack each one in the escalation chain.
Which year did you purchase your car. Mine is 2015 Oct buy and during my regular service last year in Oct, I had asked RNS to let me know the possibility of the 5th year EW. The SA checked the system and said that, it's not available for my car since I had already gone past the normal 2 year warranty and was in the EW zone of 2nd year.

If there is possibility, I'd love to purchase the 5th year EW immediately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks