Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 13:03   #46

Re: Help! My car's headliner fabric is coming off

Having the same problem with my 6 year old Jetta. I am based in Chennai. Can anyone suggest me a person to do it ? VW showroom asks for my arm and limb plus 7 days to set it right. Please help
Old 14th April 2022, 22:31   #47
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

My six years old Ciaz is also having this roof liner issue. The Nexa/Arena workshops here in Jaipur don’t have any skilled technicians to fix the issue. I have tried local FNGs too but the response is on similar lines.

Any recommendations on where can I get it fixed in Gurgaon/Jaipur? Any lead will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 15th April 2022, 07:09   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGupta View Post
Hello Everyone,

My six years old Ciaz is also having this roof liner issue. The Nexa/Arena workshops here in Jaipur don’t have any skilled technicians to fix the issue. I have tried local FNGs too but the response is on similar lines.

Any recommendations on where can I get it fixed in Gurgaon/Jaipur? Any lead will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
In Delhi you can get it done at Palika Bhavan near Hyatt hotel. Here is where I had gotten it done for my Skoda earlier.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...tor-delhi.html (Roof headliner repair - Infinity Motor (Delhi))
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 15:52   #49
BHPian

The headliner of my 8 year old Jetta, is showing sagging at multiple places. Although not bad, thinking of getting it fixed. Any recommendation for the same in Bangalore would be appreciated.
Old 31st May 2022, 10:08   #50
BHPian

Dear friends, I am with this same issue in my Skoda Laura. Please suggest a reliable expert to fix it in Bangalore. My car is in top condition, like brand new in fact, other than this one irritating sagging headliner.
Old 31st May 2022, 10:23   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Dear friends, I am with this same issue in my Skoda Laura. Please suggest a reliable expert to fix it in Bangalore. My car is in top condition, like brand new in fact, other than this one irritating sagging headliner.
I got it done recently for an Audi Q3 from Thouqeer of Autostyle https://g.page/auto-style-bangalore?share

Pls. note this is not very easy. The entire roofliner needs to be removed from the car then they need to rip off the old cloth.

After that they sand the headliner and add gum then glue in a fresh piece of cloth. The new cloth you need to check personally for material and colour shade. Then they will stick it on. You will find minor imperfections no matter what and who does it.

A new headliner was 40K for the Superb and 67K for the Q3. Thouqeer will charge between 8-12K.

There are other guys who do it as well but like I said for this there's nothing like one guy better than other.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 11:36   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
The headliner of my 8 year old Jetta, is showing sagging at multiple places. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
I got this contact - Mahi 9880159115 - from my friend who is at a Skoda workshop. The guy works on high-end cars, and Skodas too. Check with him.

I dont think you would want numbers of guys lower on the ladder, cause I do have a number of one such guy too.

Last edited by condor : 31st May 2022 at 11:38.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 18:07   #53
BHPian

Hi everyone, does the presence of a sunroof make it significantly more difficult to change the headliner? The inner cover of the sunroof has the same material as the headliner. So any change to the headliner will mean changing that as well.

In my case, there's no sagging issue but the headliner cloth is fading and it's giving this drab look to an otherwise maintained interior. I've been reluctant to change it, not knowing if it's too complex a job for the neighborhood car accessories shop. Does it involve a complex dismantling of the sunroof mechanism in any way?
Old 7th October 2022, 21:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

Do any of these headliner guys do good quality carpet replacement as well?
Old 7th October 2022, 23:41   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Hi everyone, does the presence of a sunroof make it significantly more difficult to change the headliner? The inner cover of the sunroof has the same material as the headliner. So any change to the headliner will mean changing that as well.

In my case, there's no sagging issue but the headliner cloth is fading and it's giving this drab look to an otherwise maintained interior. I've been reluctant to change it, not knowing if it's too complex a job for the neighborhood car accessories shop. Does it involve a complex dismantling of the sunroof mechanism in any way?
Should not be a problem for an experienced headliner guy (or girl) at all.
I had the liner of my Jaguar replaced in the Netherlands recently, including the inner cover of the sunroof and the little console against the roof.

It is not really complex, it just takes a bit of extra time that is all. But you need to find somebody who does this on a regular basis. It’s all about experience.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post5375515

Good luck
Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 19:56   #56

BMW X1: Sunroof shade cloth hanging loose

Hi all,

I have a 2016 BMW X1 (xDrive M Sport) and recently the sunroof shade cloth (the fabric that keeps the sun from coming into the car via the sunroof) became loose and is sagging / hanging. The sunroof can still be retracted and everything works ok, but it looks bad.

When I spoke to the dealer in Hyderabad, they suggested replacing the entire sunroof shade assemby (more than Rs.30,000 cost) - this seems rather execessive to me, for just a cloth that is hanging loose.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed in Hyderabad or Bangalore, without replacing the whole mechanism?

Thanks!
Vij

P.S: This is my first post on this forum
Old 28th December 2022, 10:31   #57
BHPian

My Jetta's headliner has started sagging. I ignored it for a while, but now it has started touching my head, so I guess it's high time I got it fixed!

Went to BU Bhandari VW in Shivaji Nagar and they quoted 41k!

Checked with New Motor Hood (JM Road, Pune) and they quoted 15k, which IMO is still quite high. I haven't tried negotiating yet. Does anyone have experience with fixing the headliner for Jetta, how much did you end up paying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
I had heard really good reviews about New Motor Hood on JM Road, Pune.
How much did it cost you?
Old 28th December 2022, 10:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
My Jetta's headliner has started sagging. I ignored it for a while, but now it has started touching my head, so I guess it's high time I got it fixed!

How much did it cost you?
I had the same issue in my 2011 Laura 4 years ago. Skoda ASS quoted 35K. I got it done outside in a local swat-cover/fabric shop at about 6K. Fit and finish were decent for the cost.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 06:45   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I had the same issue in my 2011 Laura 4 years ago. Skoda ASS quoted 35K. I got it done outside in a local swat-cover/fabric shop at about 6K. Fit and finish were decent for the cost.
Please share the details as I need to get it done for Skoda Laura having same issue.
Old 5th January 2023, 08:37   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Checked with New Motor Hood (JM Road, Pune) and they quoted 15k
They quoted the same for my X3. The reasoning was the sunroof and so it's a more complex job. The timeline was 2 days. Only advantage about them is that they were referred by a fellow Bhpian. I haven't seen their work in person.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks