Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 15:55   #121
BHPian

Re: Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Dear Dhruv 29,
Very happy to hear about the progress. I sincerely hope that it doesn't recur. My Tiguan Allspace has covered 49000 kilometres and I was worried to read about this issue. Does it mean that the 3 gearboxes which were changed were not damaged?
Regards
Yes, the gearboxes were fine as per the report from VW Germany when both gearboxes were sent back for investigation. They also questioned the Indian team on why are they replacing these gearboxes again and again, when the issue is not related to gearbox.
I can't confirm if this is the exact conversation they had, because this is what the service manager told me on how the investigations went.
But even after the replacements and bug fixes etc, i'm sure VW didn't bother to set this vehicle to Indian road conditions at all.
For. e.g: I'm fedup with its short front suspension travel and constant knocks on slight undulations as if the sub-frame is loose. Service centre is again, not able to trace it. Till now i've replaced 2 struts (left and right) and 4 link rods on my own cost. Pretty stiff and harsh ride.
Is anyone else also facing this?

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 10th September 2022 at 15:57.
Dhruv29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 23:27   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
For. e.g: I'm fedup with its short front suspension travel and constant knocks on slight undulations as if the sub-frame is loose. Service centre is again, not able to trace it. Till now i've replaced 2 struts (left and right) and 4 link rods on my own cost. Pretty stiff and harsh ride.
Is anyone else also facing this?
I have this issue on my Slavia where if I drive fast over a sudden dip on the road, let's say a badly aligned expansion joint I get a loud thud as if the suspension just fell off. I had the same problem in a Mercedes S class with suspension set to stiff so I thought this was a German car issue.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 09:36   #123
BHPian

Dear Dhruv,
The suspension is a bit hard. I managed the initial stiffness by slowing down at the joints and tyre pressure from 33 to 35 psi. I feel the ride in our Tiguan is better than that of our Superb whose suspension is a bit soft on an open good highway. Let me tell you, Tiguan is a very good vehicle and I hope you will enjoy it. There are garages which replace the whole suspension with DCC like the one in Kodiaq. You may try it.

Regards
Dr ST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 00:36   #124

My worst fears of owning a VAG car have come true

Invested in an Allspace back in December 20 and have clocked 23k kms. Off late the car started to behave erratically especially at low speeds. The pick-up was sluggish and the car was revving much higher than usual before gear change! Moreover there was some suspension noise from left front side of the car. This prompted an out of turn visit to the service centre in Gurugram.

Job card was opened with the following issues,
1. Sluggish pick-up, abnormal gear shifts
2. Auto start-stop not working
3. Suspension noise from the front left side

As the engineer completed his inspection and started the car, I heard a strange noise from the engine that I had never heard before, Probably because we always start the car with the doors shut and windows rolled up so never heard anything like that before. The sound is like two clicks right after the car starts and that’s it. But it’s unusual nonetheless
The noise coming from engine was added to the job card.

4. Noise coming from engine

Test drive was done followed by scanning and as usual, nothing showed up!
The mechanic did open the engine cover and did their routine checks but suggested that they would have to consult senior mechanics from Volkswagen regarding the noise.

The suspension was checked and was told that the noise is because of the link rods and they had to be replaced. (Out of warranty item!)

For the other three issues they had absolutely no clue. Spoke to the service manager and he suggested that they will have to keep the car for a couple of days and will have to report it further to the Volkswagen service engineers team.

The next day checked back on the status only to be told that they have a demo car from which they will replace a couple of parts to identify the exact part that needs replacement and the same will be ordered thereafter!

Reading through Dhruv’s posts and updates we ofcourse know how much VW mechanics here understand this vehicle, it’s engine and the gearbox!!

For now fingers crossed and a wait and watch on what they come up with…
nm_delhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:13   #125
BHPian

Dear Friend,
Extremely sorry to hear about the issue. This is the problem with CBU of VW, unable to diagnose the issues properly on time. I wish the issues are not related to the engine and gearbox. I hope you will get a proper resolution soon. Please update us.

Regards
Old 6th December 2022, 22:13   #126

Update:
Got the car back on Sunday, exactly 14 days after it was given to the workshop. Its taken that long for VW mechanics to identify the fault and I do hope that they have got it right!

They have diagnosed the fault to be with the Solenoid Valves. These have something to do with the timing of the engine / camshaft, etc. Any experts on the group can please shed some light on what is the function of these valves exactly and if it does mess up the pickup and gear shifts! I tried to google but couldn't find much details. A set of valves has been ordered and will take another 10 days for parts to arrive from Germany.

All along I was told that this was the first such case to have occured and therefore it has taken them this long to order replacement parts. While at workshop, they also emptied the fuel, cleaned the tank as they expected bad fuel to have been the culprit but was given a clean chit after cleaning and checking the tank.

Just a quick question on the fuel quality though. Do we know for sure that the regular 91 octane fuel that we use is good for the life of this VW engine?

The mechanic also told me, on the side, that the spark plugs have carbon deposits that is indicative of bad quality of fuel. I checked a couple of times if I should upgrade to a higher octane fuel but they maintained that while it may better the fuel economy, its got nothing to do with the engine life.

When I collected the car on Sunday, it behaved as expected since nothing had been done to rectify the problem. However, a day later to my surprise, the noise is gone and the car was as normal as ever! It put the same smile back on my face for which I had brought it! I will be driving the car for the next few days to see if this episode was a one off and if there is a need to replace the original parts.

So continues to be a wait and watch.
nm_delhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:09   #127
BHPian

Quick Update:

The fault is back again. Really don't know, what is wrong with the vehicle.
It is what it is, atleast the car is functioning properly 95% of the time of its driving routine.
I can't give anymore thought on how to fix this vehicle or deal with VW. Car has clocked about 43,000km in 2 Years and 4 months of ownership.

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 1st March 2023 at 17:16.
Old 4th March 2023, 15:56   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Update:

It is what it is, atleast the car is functioning properly 95% of the time of its driving routine.
I can't give anymore thought on how to fix this vehicle or deal with VW. Car has clocked about 43,000km in 2 Years and 4 months of ownership.
It seems at this point what remains is to inspect the turbo and remove the engine head for inspection.
Old 14th March 2023, 15:50   #129
BHPian

Dear Dhruv,
Sorry to hear about the situation. Is it possible for you to show to an FNG dealing with Audi TFSI engines? Please update.
Regards
Old 14th March 2023, 18:28   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick Update:

I feel problem is with the valves and cascading effects thereof. It may well not a fuel issue also like in the previous post, most likely dealership attempt to shift blame to a vagueish factor.

Old 10th April 2023, 09:46   #131
BHPian

Hi Dhruv,
Any updates?
Old 17th April 2023, 18:00   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Hi Dhruv,
Any updates?
Hey,

No updates, i'm leaving it as it is. Got 45k km service done which included haldex oil change, front & rear discs and pads. Total amount was approximately Rs. 70,000.
I installed after market front discs of Brand Meyle for Rs. 17K along with brake fluid change from a reputed workshop outside. The OEM VW Front Disc from A.S.S were 15K a pop, if i had opted to get it changed from VW, the total amount would've crossed 5 Figures!
This vehicle demands maintenance cost like the big 3 germans, but no where near the service experience or reliability.
Dhruv29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 22:46   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

No updates, i'm leaving it as it is. Got 45k km service done which included haldex oil change, front & rear discs and pads. Total amount was approximately Rs. 70,000.
I had posted the following in the comment of an Facebook Advertisement of VW Taigun-
Volkswagen vehicles are good but the After Sales Service is very poor in India"

I received following reply to that comment-
Hi Sudeep, thank you for writing in. We would like to address your concern at the earliest. For the same, we request you to share your concern with us here https://bit.ly/3CVFTfO. Alternatively, you may share your contact details and e-mail address via DM so we can connect with you.

Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4)-screenshot_20230425224231.png

I had posted the link of this thread in the comment of an Facebook Advertisement of VW Taigun. But I am unable to find that comment. I will post the link of this thread again in reply to the reply I got.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 09:59   #134
BHPian

Do you not have extended warranty? Doesn’t the Tiguan come with a 4 year warranty?

Why can’t you push for VW for resolution under warranty? Have you emailed them a stinker mail?

Why leave it as it is? It may only get worse and put you in a deeper spot!

With the car making noises, I think it’s a very bad idea to go get aftermarket brake discs. They’ll now try to pass it off as an issue with them!
Old 1st August 2023, 16:31   #135

Quote:
Hey,

I installed after market front discs of Brand Meyle for Rs. 17K along with brake fluid change from a reputed workshop outside. The OEM VW Front Disc from A.S.S were 15K a pop, if i had opted to get it changed from VW, the total amount would've crossed 5 Figures!
This vehicle demands maintenance cost like the big 3 germans, but no where near the service experience or reliability.
Hi Dhruv.

Have been following up this post very closely. Recently bought a 2022 Tiguan (CKD) last month. Took it to the hills. Received a DSG high temperature warning and then an alarm. Happens each time the car has to pull while going uphill. There is a sharp reduction in torque. Spoke to VW. They said they will speak to the technical team and get back. Been wanting to know the status of your DSG issue.
AdarshG is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks