Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 10:24   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Hey guys, If it is not too expensive why dont you take your car and test it out on a dynamometer? It will put to rest all this subjective discussions.
Dyno in mumbai (only 1 in india for public use)...costs 3000 bucks for 1 session on it....these devices cost around a 1000 bucks.....what do you think?

Guys correct me if my quote on the dyno is wrong.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:28   #77
BWN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Amazing writeup , you have really taken a lot of trouble to test this so minutely.
The only reason the car can feel like this is if it is making more power or the power band has shifted slightly to lower rpm which makes you feel there is smoother/better pickup.
My question is how does a small fan in the intake do this ? definately it does not increase the flow of air instead it decreases the flow of air.. Its sitting in the intake clogging the flow of air...
So that means according to you : with decreased air flow the engine feels better, so the this fan is actually doing 2 things : compensating for this loss of air flow + doing something to the air which makes it even beter then the original setup.
That leaves us with 1 option - since the air flow is decreased the MAP/MAf sensor is going to indicate this accordingly to the ECU.
The ECU will lookup/calculate values corresponding to this load and you will be getting lesser fuel injected.
What does that give us now ? better performance or degraded performance ?
I just feel it is a scam..and posts like yours will only encourage other people to try it out.
Dude.... can i take the comments in bold as a Joke...??? People in tbhp are sensible enough to analyse and try out a product.Your theory is pretty true but the observations from my vehicle performance are also equally correct..... so why dont you apply your knowledge and try to find it out..... after all it costs just 850 bucks.

As for the confusion about vortex,infrared,static,dynamic etc.... is concerned...... Let me try to clarify. This device is just a small STATIC vane(technically speaking) which just changes the direction of air passing through it and thus ends up creating a turbulence,which definitely is needed for better combustion.I am not ready to buy this Infra red theory myself, but this device has proven itself performance wise.I need to check up the mileage and if positive, then i will continue running it.Power delivery@RPM is also unchanged as per my observation.

I may sound like a salesman for some, but i am here to share my experiences.
Old 15th October 2007, 18:53   #78
BHPian

Under testing for Baleno. Only single fitted from Mandovi, Bangalore.

Two would be overkill & obstruct the flow !

Old 15th October 2007, 19:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

Oh guys, some company has dyno tested and give uptp 15bhp gurantee. Whats your take on this chetan, does this work or its another of those things. You can get it for 11000 in India.

eRacing :: Home :: The e-RAM Electric Supercharger from e-Racing Motorsports
Old 15th October 2007, 21:35   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Hey chetanhanda,

i can do without your 2 bit attitude! i was only trying to explain how the system works...wheather THAT is effective or not is entirely different....all i am saying is, & i repeat...there ARE benefits...ok?
Dude dont say "2 bit attitude" ...it takes a lot of effort to patiently explain that these products are a scam, problem is that you dont reply to any of my posts with a technical reason, dont you get it ?
Either you reply that you agree or disagree in a straightforward way and not dodge from the facts , otherwise dont whine if people start making fun of you since we havent heard any genuine reason supporting your "power gains"
And again I repeat - I dont beleive it.
Old 15th October 2007, 21:38   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, If it is not too expensive why dont you take your car and test it out on a dynamometer? It will put to rest all this subjective discussions.
Venkatesh , nice idea ..
but some stuff doesn't require a Dyno to prove its useless.
Old 15th October 2007, 21:54   #82
BHPian

Chetanda, agreed. it depends on whether what one chooses to believe. You have a viewpoint which i believe. The others have a viewpoint which I would like to believe but does not seem to add up for me.
I sensed that this is getting a bit too subjective and repetitive with everyone (including yourself and me ) repeating what we believe in be it Scientific or perceptive.
The only way to find out the truth one way or the other is to get objective and hence the dyno idea.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
Dude.... can I take the comments in bold as a Joke...???
If you take the "bold comments" as a joke, Im going to laugh

Quote:
People in tbhp are sensible enough to analyse and try out a product.
Some are sensible, some are not , some just dont try to understand

Quote:
Your theory is pretty true but the observations from my vehicle performance are also equally correct..... so why dont you apply your knowledge and try to find it out..... after all it costs just 850 bucks.
As for the confusion about vortex,infrared,static,dynamic etc.... is concerned...... Let me try to clarify. This device is just a small STATIC vane(technically speaking) which just changes the direction of air passing through it and thus ends up creating a turbulence,which definitely is needed for better combustion.

seems you didnt understand a single word about the intake runners and fuel injector location.
What turbulence ? the fuel gets injected downstream much later on in the system.

Quote:
I am not ready to buy this Infra red theory myself, but this device has proven itself performance wise.I need to check up the mileage and if positive, then i will continue running it.Power delivery@RPM is also unchanged as per my observation.
I may sound like a salesman for some, but I am here to share my experiences.
ok, lets assume power has gone up for the sake of this argument, but please answer some of my questions:
1] Is this your 1st mod ?
2] What other mods have you done till now ?
3] Did you previously own a car with MPFI engine or Carb ?
Old 15th October 2007, 22:11   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Chetanda, agreed. it depends on whether what one chooses to believe. You have a viewpoint which i believe. The others have a viewpoint which I would like to believe but does not seem to add up for me.
I sensed that this is getting a bit too subjective and repetitive with everyone (including yourself and me ) repeating what we believe in be it Scientific or perceptive.
The only way to find out the truth one way or the other is to get objective and hence the dyno idea.
ok dude.
I would also like to beleive their viewpoint as it is much cheaper and easier than doing the traditional mods which I beleive in.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:13   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapen View Post
Under testing for Baleno. Only single fitted from Mandovi, Bangalore.

Two would be overkill & obstruct the flow !

yes sir we know 2 will be obstructive,
maaan I was being a "bit" sarcastic.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:27   #86
BHPian

Just wondering dosent this thingy require some power source to emit these infra red waves? hmm maybe its made of kryptonite..
Old 15th October 2007, 22:30   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Oh guys, some company has dyno tested and give uptp 15bhp gurantee. Whats your take on this chetan, does this work or its another of those things. You can get it for 11000 in India.

eRacing :: Home :: The e-RAM Electric Supercharger from e-Racing Motorsports
Busa, thats a good thing you brought up into this discussion.
Since we are dealing with people who "very much believe" in these devices or just "plain curious" and me being someone who calls it "absolute c**p" ..
I need to take a different approach to this.
Let me start by asking questions :
How much power does 12 Amps electric motor generate and how much cubic feet can it pump with its plastic fan as compared to a :
[A]Brute force Belt driven supercharger which actually uses a % of the engines own power to compress air !!!
OR
[b] A exhaust driven turbocharger which even suffers from turbo lag trying to reach sufficent boost levels !!

Im not looking for absolute figures as the answer, just a simple reply like its "more power" or "less power" as compared to the electric 12 amp motor with a plastic fan?
Old 16th October 2007, 00:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

Chetan - I have a query. Since you say that the fans in the intake require energy and using the wind which is coming will obstruct it, the electric supercharger which i posted is running on battery power, so it has its own power to generate air. Secondly they claimto be dyno tested and give a gurantee. 15bhp atleast ??

Obviously superchargers and turbochargers will give much much more power but then they cost alot to.

Last edited by BUSA : 16th October 2007 at 00:11.
Old 16th October 2007, 00:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Chetan - I have a query. Since you say that the fans in the intake require energy and using the wind which is coming will obstruct it, the electric supercharger which i posted is running on battery power, so it has its own power to generate air
yes Busa ...the fan is driven by electricity, but my point being that a measley pathetic 12 amp dc motor cannot generate sufficient power to spin a equally pathetic plastic fan to generate a sufficent air flow which can actually increase the CFM which actually helps the engine.
My point also being that u need the power of belt driven supercharger/exhaust driven turbo to generate enough strength to actually contibute to the induction system.

Quote:
Secondly they claimto be dyno tested and give a gurantee. 15bhp atleast ??
An absolute figure of 15 BHP means nothing.
What you need to see is this 15BHP is a % of what ?
Additional 15bhP from a 700BHP drag spec motor with its primary intention of 1/4 mile blasts is understandable, but 15 bHP from a stock engine with stock fuel and ignition maps which originally makes 100 BHP is a joke.
15 BHP on what engine is my question, also plz remember u just cant force air into the system and expect it to jump power, u need to modify the corresponding components also to make use of this extra air, the stock ECU and stock MAP sensor have limitations on how much fuelling they can provide...
dude let me know what engine is in your mind when u mentioned 15 BHP ..?

Quote:
Obviously superchargers and turbochargers will give much much more power but then they cost alot to.
nope, there is no bargaining at all, there is no option at all.
If you want to do forced induction u need a turbo or a supercharger, there is no getting away with 12amp motor which costs less.
Old 16th October 2007, 02:02   #90
Awaiting Email Confirmation

lol dyno run for a product worth 850 bucks LOL! you know what lets all study on modern windmills for vehicles.(while listening to BLACK HOLE SUN) on the radio!

Last edited by nitroxx : 16th October 2007 at 02:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks