Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2024, 17:20   #121
BHPian

Re: Impact of 20% ethanol petrol on current petrol engines

Can someone advice me if buying a used Honda scooter having carburettor for around Rs 30,000 is a bad idea? Have anyone experienced any issues in your scooters with current ethanol blended fuel?
Old 13th February 2024, 19:51   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
Can someone advice me if buying a used Honda scooter having carburettor for around Rs 30,000 is a bad idea? Have anyone experienced any issues in your scooters with current ethanol blended fuel?
They run just fine. No issues.
I have been using my old access and have no problems.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 20:52   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
They run just fine. No issues.
I have been using my old access and have no problems.
Thank you. I was still learning to ride scooters so didn't want to invest in a new scooter at this time.
Old 15th February 2024, 20:05   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
I'm using a 2011 Activa 110 and it works fine other than the cold start issues but then that's an Activa trait and not really caused by the E10 or 20 fuel. Once it's running it runs fine
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:42   #125
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thre will be no issues with carbureted vehicles, they will run even with kerosene. It is the fuel injected ones that may face problems.
Gansan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 18:18   #126

Looking for best possible petrol option for Skoda Rapid 2019 1.6 MPI

I've recently got a pre-owned Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPi and have a confusion related to the best option for fuel. The recommendation is for 95RON and E10. As we know that now all the fuel available is ranging from E5 to E15, which is going to be the best all-round option ? What would be the best economical option with required specifications - 95 RON petrol (HP power 95) vs premium petrol (e.g. Shell unleaded) vs normal unleaded petrol .

For reference, I read somewhere that Shell unleaded as well as V-power is also having 91/92 RON with ethanol blending.
Old 12th March 2024, 00:07   #127
BHPian

I was supposed to fill the tank in my 2020 Wagon yesterday and stumbled upon an IOC petrol pump nearby which only had E20 fuel. On being asked why it's mentioned E20 the attendant mentioned that this is regular fuel and and all pumps have this fuel only nowadays. I again asked that hope it's normal fuel and he said that you can see that all scooters and cars and buying this only and moreover it's price is also same. I went ahead and filled the tank up which took 29l of petrol.

Now just out of curiosity when I looked up on internet I am surprised to see the debate on this fuel. Some posts state that it will ruin the engine including fuel pump etc while some state that it's fine. I am in no mood to take chances with my car so what should I do? Would 1 tank full of E20 petrol be enough to cause damage to my 2020 manufactured Wagon R? Should I take out the fuel and dilute with regular fuel once a while so that am able to utilise the E20 fuel over a period of time and not waste the money on it completely. If yes then what is the best method to take the fuel out of fuel tank?

Wish I had known earlier and could have avoided this mess.

Last edited by Maverick Avi : 12th March 2024 at 00:31.
Old 12th March 2024, 01:20   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
... what should I do? Would 1 tank full of E20 petrol be enough to cause damage to my 2020 manufactured Wagon R? Should I take out the fuel and dilute with regular fuel once a while so that am able to utilise the E20 fuel over a period of time and not waste the money on it completely. If yes then what is the best method to take the fuel out of fuel tank?

Wish I had known earlier and could have avoided this mess.
Going ahead, most places will only provide E20 fuel. What will you do then?
But do not worry, nothing will happen to your vehicle. E20 fuel has been available for some time now, you may even have filled it up without knowing it. It will not cause any harm to your vehicle. There is no need to replace your fuel. Even existing fuel is atleast E10, and vehicles are consuming it without any issues. The rubber components are built to have a higher factor of safety than the requirements. So there should not be any negative outcomes in most cases.
kosjam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks