Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 19:52   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

This issue is also exposing the dealership quality control practices. The forum has multiple instances of cars refusing to start or showing error supposedly after a fix was supposedly done. At the very least, they need to ensure that the customer do not face repeating problems. Imagine how a buyer will face his family after going through this ordeal multiple times. This is destroying whatever the goodwill the company had left.

Just fixing the problem is not enough now. If Skoda wants anyone to trust them again,there should be some other compensation for affected parties. May be a free comprehensive service package or extended warranty.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 20th September 2021 at 19:53.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 19:59   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Main Stream Media starts covering the fuel pump issue as a recall is imminent.

Skoda to recall Kushaq over faulty fuel pump issue.

Quote:
It’s barely been a couple of months since customers started receiving deliveries of the Skoda Kushaq, and several social media groups have been flooded with reports of customers experiencing problems with the Electronic Power Control (EPC). Skoda has now diagnosed the problem and will soon be recalling the vehicles to fix the faulty fuel pump. Although Skoda hasn’t officially announced a recall yet, it is likely to do so in the coming days.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th September 2021 at 20:01.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 23:06   #288
BHPian

They needed a good product, delivered a faulty one. They needed adequate damage control, so far we see pretty little of it. Like others, I too feel that sale should stop immediately and recall order issued. A close friend is in the market for a compact petrol SUV and liked the Kushaq. After I showed him this thread, he has narrowed down his choice to Brezza / S cross after test driving both, despite not considering Maruti initially. There must be many others who will not consider this as their next car. Moreover, if Skoda survives in India after this (I hope they do), every new product launch will face scepticism
Sumer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 10:51   #289
BHPian

The general perception on forum till now has been - Buy a Skoda, enjoy the car for 5-6 years and then sell before it becomes a problem child.
Kushaq has changed the game by front-loading all these horrors right from the day of ownership. This is a sad development for the company as well as for the market. Customers looking for a festive season purchase now have two less options to choose from.

Last edited by warrioraks : 21st September 2021 at 10:52.
warrioraks is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:14   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
The general perception on forum till now has been - Buy a Skoda, enjoy the car for 5-6 years and then sell before it becomes a problem child.
Kushaq has changed the game by front-loading all these horrors right from the day of ownership. This is a sad development for the company as well as for the market. Customers looking for a festive season purchase now have two less options to choose from.
Good observation, I think Skoda has improved the market perception of the Korean brands, we can expect a price hike soon.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:33   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Good observation, I think Skoda has improved the market perception of the Korean brands, we can expect a price hike soon.
Well, the price hike has already happened I guess a few days ago. A silent one.
We had finalized Venue and were waiting for the Taigun pricing and yesterday the SA called and I formed us that the prices have increased by around 10-15k. I would not be surprised if other models also have got a bump.Happy festive season
Artyom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:38   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Not surprised at all. The much vaunted and much celebrated German engineering, the huge build up to the launch of the Taigun and Kushaq for the past two years - and all this time, I was thinking to myself, lets wait and watch as to when the problems will start. Lo and behold, they start on day 1 itself Well earned reputation of making unreliable and niggle ridden products, for sure.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 13:53   #293
BHPian

Zac is basically the Kunal Shah of India Automobiles Ecosystem.
mathranik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:38   #294
BHPian

Is there any chance there is an injector issue here?
Old 21st September 2021, 22:28   #295
BHPian

I was at the Skoda service centre yesterday for my Rapid and asked about the EPC issue. I was told that the EPC issues they fixed were due to any of two reasons - a faulty fuel pump or a faulty winder motor.
JojyKerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:41   #296
BHPian

I was at a Skoda showroom yesterday and got the information that Skoda has indeed initiated a recall to change the fuel pumps. Upon further enquiry about the reliability of the fix the SA kind of suggested to wait for a couple of months to be fully confident.

I then spoke to one of their service guys who informed that they have changed the fuel pump for one of their customers who reported the issue and the customer has confirmed that the issue is fixed.

While the information about the recall seems to be correct, I am not sure about the issue being fixed in first attempt as the service guy was trying to suggest.
TheVegabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:09   #297
BHPian

If the minimum requirement is RON95 , Kushaq guys should NOT take any further chance and fill in premium fuels with atleast 95RON until the issue is fixed once and for all. BTW all premium fuels are NOT 95> RON. For example, XtraPremium, Speed, Power etc are just containing additives and that doesn't really change the Octane number , so all these premium fuels are ~91RON only but with additives. So the issue will still be there even if you fill in these fuels, if the manufacturer recommends 95RON. If you really want to fill in >95 RON, you should fill in XP95, Speed97, Power99 etc
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:28   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
If the minimum requirement is RON95 , Kushaq guys should NOT take any further chance and fill in premium fuels with atleast 95RON until the issue is fixed once and for all. BTW all premium fuels are NOT 95> RON. For example, XtraPremium, Speed, Power etc are just containing additives and that doesn't really change the Octane number , so all these premium fuels are ~91RON only but with additives. So the issue will still be there even if you fill in these fuels, if the manufacturer recommends 95RON. If you really want to fill in >95 RON, you should fill in XP95, Speed97, Power99 etc
If company is that specific for the fuel type then the SA's should be giving a warning of 95OCT fuel as well, IMHO it is close to impossible to manage the levels and purity in the fuel tank in India. Its best if they give a caution (Strict) to such vehicle Owners.

The engines are made to ease our lives not to make them hell, these should be manufactured in a way where it should take a little brunt and go on (Robust) rather than dying in unwanted situations (like highway trip with family).

Kudos to Indian Manufacturers for making more reliable engines than Skoda.
ShivrajG is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:52   #299
BHPian

Skoda VW's India 2.0 is becoming India 0.2 and even 0.0 isn't that far away if one considers the current situation. The Kushaq was the make it or break it product for India. Highly anticipated product entering a highly competitive space with eyes on a highly profitable margin as well. So sad to see how things have turned out. Having owned a VW before, I must confess that I have a soft corner for ze Germans. But the times have changed. If one looks at the price band in which the Kushaq operates, the customer being spoilt for choices is an understatement. Move your budget couple of lakhs above or below as per your requirement and there are even more options. And also with Scorpio, XUV7OO, MG Astor and possibly a Vitara from Maruti joining the party, it could soon be over for Skoda if they dont resolve these issues soon. Indian market is predominantly driven by herd mentality. The word that 'Kushaq is a defective car', once it gets out and circulates in the market especially with the erstwhile notoriety associated with Skoda, I shudder to think what might happen. I don't want to see yet another iconic manufacturer shut shop in our country!
GKR9900 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:54   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
If company is that specific for the fuel type then the SA's should be giving a warning of 95OCT fuel as well, IMHO it is close to impossible to manage the levels and purity in the fuel tank in India. Its best if they give a caution (Strict) to such vehicle Owners.
With all the bashing going around, I believe this one is not fair - The fuel cap has this very clearly labeled, every time you open the fuel cap, owner is bound to see this. The owner's manual very clearly states the kind of fuel requires and has a disclaimer stating substandard fuel "will" cause issues. When I got my car - SA did explain all the fuel related concerns - saying that TSI engine is sensitive to fuel quality and please maintain fuel quality. I believe this should be common with any other sophisticated engine as this one. Matching fuel requirements should be important for new turbo petrols offered by other manufacturers as well, no ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
Kudos to Indian Manufacturers for making more reliable engines than Skoda.
You get some, you lose some. Skoda offers lot of things we long from Indian manufacturers today.
The engine per se is probably one of the best engine that any manufacture offers in India (I believe we do have a thread on best engines offered in India on the forum). In fact these VAG engines have proved their reliability multiple times in LeMans, so bashing a company on all its engines being bad is definitely not fair. In this very forum, there are multiple examples of Skoda/VW engines running flawlessly over years and Odometer reading of multiple Lakhs.

My observation is that VW/Skoda engines age more gracefully (retain their grunt longer) than their competition in India.

I believe you said reliable but you really meant "abuse-friendly" ?

Last edited by Rahul_ : 22nd September 2021 at 11:02.
Rahul_ is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks