Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 15:34   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Red cap green box IIRC, will check once home and post.
Red cap, red box with green coloured wax inside. Rs.315 MRP at MK retail.

That's the one Rudra has IIRC.

I need to get that for the Altis.
Old 14th October 2009, 19:37   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hi Akshy, The car looks wonderful. I am sure 2500 bucks was really worth the spending.
Sorry i wasn't keeping a watch on this thread, Anyway yes, 2500 brought back my smile and the blushing when ever i see my car, But 2.5k was a lil' expensive, all they use is 2 products of 3M, Hardly 50gms each and a rotary buffer.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:31   #93
BHPian

Hi All, Good morning!

Folks, I need to get my 118NE repainted. (don't wana spend too much). Can you guys please help me in letting me know what kinda budget i need to keep ? I stay in Basavanagudi (v near to jayanagar), is there any nice 118ne mechanic/shack nearby ? Approx how much will it take for me to get it repainted? I had enquired with a nearby mechanic and he says he can get it done for me in the range of 8k. Please i require your inputs dear TBHPians.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th October 2010 at 11:50. Reason: Please search and post in a relevant thread, Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 18:41   #94
BHPian

Re: Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore

Hi Team-Bhpians from Bangalore,

Which would be the best place for getting some repainting done for my Swift Zxi (white)? This is to remove scratches on the rear bumper and side panel above the wheels. There is slight body work as well.

I was quoted around 6K for this by Pratham motors which on the higher side I feel..

Thanks in advance
Old 6th May 2011, 19:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post

Which would be the best place for getting some repainting done for my Swift Zxi (white)? This is to remove scratches on the rear bumper and side panel above the wheels. There is slight body work as well.

I was quoted around 6K for this by Pratham motors which on the higher side I feel..

Thanks in advance
Try Sai Colorium in JP Nagar. People here swear by the quality of work done by the folks here. Check this thread (Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium).

If you wanna try any place in North Bangalore, then NEXUS a maruti authorized service station near NEW BEL road is pretty reasonable.
Old 6th May 2011, 19:13   #96
BHPian

Thanks rjstyles69 ,can try Sai if its that good...

Any such good body shops around marathahalli ORR, sarjapur junction etc, it would be more convinient?

Thanks...
Old 6th May 2011, 21:50   #97
Team-BHP Support

Sai i also recommend based on my experience with them. They charge by the panel size if its full paint job (minor denting etc included). Small pieces 1800 and large pieces 2000 Rs.
Old 6th May 2011, 22:43   #98
BHPian

Pratham has a very good body shop, i speak from personal experience of repainting my entire Swift. (Outer Ring road) The prep work is done well & you can visit at each stage & the guys will explain you what all work they have done on it.

Their booth is well maintained too. A few panels had some orange peel & dust seed on it & i was not happy with the finish, on request they repainted the same. You can visit Mr. Rajkumar , the service manager who is a gentleman & technically sound.

6K is a fair price for the quality they offer. I dont have any experience with Sai, but apparently they are good, going by the reviews, you can evaluate them too !

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 6th May 2011 at 22:44.
Old 7th May 2011, 21:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

I had a very bad day.

My under estimation cost me dear. While reversing I hit a rock. The right side and the mid of the bumper has deep and long scratches. Also a few of the bumper clips are dislodged. Do you folks know any good local body shops where they fix the bumper back and do a repaint. Sai is too far for me ( I stay in Vidyaranyapura). If there is no other option, I don't mind going to Sai. But, I prefer a near by shop.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Car is Swift Dzire. Silver colour. Will post pictures morrow to show the extent of damage.

Last edited by sachinj12 : 7th May 2011 at 21:49.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:25   #100
BHPian

Hi,
Is anyone aware of a paint shop by name of Ozone here in Bangalore? I saw a Fiat done up by them (it seems) and it looked stunning. Tried to chat up the owner who had a real lousy attitude, he told me it was done at Ozone and then just went cold and looked the other way.
Any info would be real good.
Old 28th July 2011, 18:35   #101
BHPian

Does anybody have experience with both Pratham motors as well as Sai ?

Last edited by Revention : 28th July 2011 at 18:47.
Old 30th June 2013, 00:57   #102
BHPian

I recently got a few panels on my Baleno repaired (dent removal and repainting) at Trend Automobiles on Hosur Road. I went by the recommendations posted in the directory section. The quality, price, and delivery schedule were all satisfactory.

Btw, if your bumpers get hit on the road and you end up assessing the damage on the spot (to negotiate with the party at fault, for example), here's a tip... Don't go by the external appearance. It may seem as if only the plastic is dented and the paint scratched, but some parts behind the bumper (i.e., the brackets etc. that attach the bumper to the chassis) may have broken, which may add to the repair cost. These problems won't be revealed till the bumper is dismantled at the service center.
kumards is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 18:09   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumards View Post
I recently got a few panels on my Baleno repaired (dent removal and repainting) at Trend Automobiles on Hosur Road. I went by the recommendations posted in the directory section. The quality, price, and delivery schedule were all satisfactory.

Btw, if your bumpers get hit on the road and you end up assessing the damage on the spot (to negotiate with the party at fault, for example), here's a tip... Don't go by the external appearance. It may seem as if only the plastic is dented and the paint scratched, but some parts behind the bumper (i.e., the brackets etc. that attach the bumper to the chassis) may have broken, which may add to the repair cost. These problems won't be revealed till the bumper is dismantled at the service center.
Was it a pearl silver Baleno by any chance? I had also a minor panel dent while reversing and had left at Trend last week. MIne was a superior white baleno. The workmanship is really good. I am having trouble with my PC not detecting the camera or I would have posted the pics.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 22:12   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Was it a pearl silver Baleno by any chance?
No. Mine is silky silver.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:54   #105
Team-BHP Support

Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore-imag0627.jpg

I had the roof of my swift resprayed in 2008 by Surakhsha. Look what happened after 5 years during our heavy rains!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks