Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 19:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Attachment 1140977

I had the roof of my swift resprayed in 2008 by Surakhsha. Look what happened after 5 years during our heavy rains!
I have seen many roof paints wearing out within few years, due to heat etc, I would suggest not touching the roof paint unless is absolutely required.
Old 21st September 2013, 19:41   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Attachment 1140977

I had the roof of my swift resprayed in 2008 by Surakhsha. Look what happened after 5 years during our heavy rains!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I have seen many roof paints wearing out within few years, due to heat etc, I would suggest not touching the roof paint unless is absolutely required.

Thats Shoddy by all standards. How ever heavy maybe the rains, Paint cannot peel off like that, That too within 5 years of painting. Hell No.
Old 21st September 2013, 20:33   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thats Shoddy by all standards. How ever heavy maybe the rains, Paint cannot peel off like that, That too within 5 years of painting. Hell No.
Rain cannot peel off paint. Period. It's a damn lousy work by them Ajit. Also keep it in mind that no so called authorised service station will do a good paint job. Simply because it's not their forte. Good paint job demands proper setup, expertise and most importantly, passion for it.
Old 21st September 2013, 21:14   #109
Senior - BHPian

Definitely the paint should not be ruined like the way in Ajmat's case. Its definitely shoddy workmanship. But we must also not really except any after-market(non-factory) job to remain in the same shine and prime after 5 years however any peeling off like the one seen is non-acceptable.
Old 10th February 2014, 18:23   #110
BHPian

Hi,
I know its been discussed in length here but it doesn`t hurt to get some more feedback so here it is.
I am looking to repaint my mondeo (ZaZeR). Since its a project car I am willing to go to any lengths to ensure I get the crème de la crème finish. I plan to start by getting the car soda blasted to strip it of its existing paint. Then I plan to work on the dents and scratches complete the tinkering work. Post that I want it to be painted. I had made up my mind for Sai Colorium but the recent reviews have made me look at other available options. I checked in with Trend Automobiles and I wasn`t too convinced about their setup. I want all the areas to be painted and I am looking for the workmanship that would be required for a show car. Since I would be changing all the exterior age indicators (Rubber Beading, Headlights, Rear Lights, fogs etc) I want the paint to compliment them and not add negatively to it .
I am still considering RRP (Red Rooster Performance) for their temperature controlled paint booth, and since I want the car to be stripped am sure they would know how to put it back too after the paint job. Also to mention I am not happy how the Ford ASS guys treat the car and hence for now they are completely out of the equation.
Can you folks help me with a few options that are in line with my requirements.
Now I don`t mind paying and waiting for months but I want a good paint job. That also makes me open to out of Bangalore options. Thank you for your inputs in advance. - ZaZe
Old 9th January 2015, 08:09   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazer View Post
Hi,

I am looking to repaint my mondeo (ZaZeR). Since its a project car I am willing to go to any lengths to ensure I get the crème de la crème finish
Hi Zazer,

What is the current status of your project ? Whom did you finally chose to go for paint ? I am in a similar situation for a C220. Took it to Trends and pulled the car out mid way.
Old 22nd January 2015, 19:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch_vaibhav View Post
Hi Zazer,

What is the current status of your project ? Whom did you finally chose to go for paint ? I am in a similar situation for a C220. Took it to Trends and pulled the car out mid way.
dch_vaibhav I am still working on building the car from ground up. Will most likely get it painted in a month from either RRP or Suraksha Car Care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks