Old 9th November 2023, 20:05   #31
BHPian

Re: VW Virtus - Tweaks, Mods & Adaptations using VCDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
... the 8 inch infotainment unit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
.... adaptations for the 8 inch infotainment (5F)
Can one of you please share the adpmap file for 5F (from a car with an 8 inch screen, of course)?

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 9th November 2023 at 20:14.
Old 18th November 2023, 09:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post

Part 7

17. Enable Controls for Climate Control in Infotainment Screen

This enables additional screens in the Infotainment screens to control the ACC. This is a multi-step adaptation.

Steps -
[list][*]Bowse to Byte 4 and check the box next to Display via BAP[*]Browse to Byte 12 and check the box next to Operation via BAP[*]Close the Long Coding Helper pop-up and click Do It on the main screen[*]Now click on Done Go Back
Thanks a lot PatchyBoy for these steps. Would it be possible to share a screenshot of what you see in Byte 4 and Byte 12 screens in VCDS? I tried this in my March 2023 Virtus GT+ and there are no checkboxes in Byte 4. In Byte 12 itself, I see an option for Display via BAP which I enabled.

However, when I try to access the Climate menu in Infotainment Car settings, I get a message saying no options available.

I did however change the settings to "Cold Tuning, less air" and the car type to Sedan from Wagon under long coding options.
Old 18th November 2023, 12:10   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks a lot PatchyBoy for these steps. Would it be possible to share a screenshot of what you see in Byte 4 and Byte 12 screens in VCDS? I tried this in my March 2023 Virtus GT+ and there are no checkboxes in Byte 4. In Byte 12 itself, I see an option for Display via BAP which I enabled.

However, when I try to access the Climate menu in Infotainment Car settings, I get a message saying no options available.

I did however change the settings to "Cold Tuning, less air" and the car type to Sedan from Wagon under long coding options.
The above 2 checkboxes were in Byte 12 in my Taigun GT+ and that worked for me.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Virtus - Tweaks, Mods & Adaptations using VCDS-vcdsac.png  

DirectShift_in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 12:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectShift_in View Post
The above 2 checkboxes were in Byte 12 in my Taigun GT+ and that worked for me.
This is exactly what I see too and no clue why it doesn't work. Will have to check every parameter once again.
Old 19th November 2023, 22:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Just checked this once again and the climate options in infotainment system just pops an error mentioning "No settings available " for me.
Old 23rd November 2023, 21:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Can one of you please share the adpmap file for 5F (from a car with an 8 inch screen, of course)?
I tried but was unable to make one. Can you please help with the steps?
Old 2nd January 2024, 00:16   #37

Quote:

Part 5

9. Improve steering feel - make it heavier

Coming for HPS, the steering felt extremely light. This adaptation put a huge grin on my face.

Steps –
  • Start VCDS, after connecting to car (with ignition on) & laptop
  • Click on Select button under Control Modules
  • Click on 44 - Steering Assist
  • Click on 10 Adaptations
  • Change value of channel IDE04130-Characteristic curve of steering assistance to Dynamic
  • Click Do It
Hey @PatchyBoy - Thank you for sharing all the details here. Its very helpful!
The steering adaptation quoted here gives a security error for me. Has anyone else got this error? Thanks!

Quote:
Just checked this once again and the climate options in infotainment system just pops an error mentioning "No settings available " for me.
I get the same error in my Virtus GT+. No change in the settings from what is explained above.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd January 2024 at 06:36. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Would it be possible to share a screenshot of what you see in Byte 4 and Byte 12 screens in VCDS? I tried this in my March 2023 Virtus GT+ and there are no checkboxes in Byte 4. In Byte 12 itself, I see an option for Display via BAP which I enabled.

Sorry about the delayed response. Was in the middle of multiple commitments. Will share a screenshot later this week. I hope you have made the changes to 5F as described in that post as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I tried but was unable to make one. Can you please help with the steps?
Please read post #16 in this thread. It is descibed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantsoni23 View Post
The steering adaptation quoted here gives a security error for me.
Please post a screenshot of the error you are getting.
Old 4th January 2024, 13:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about the delayed response. Was in the middle of multiple commitments. Will share a screenshot later this week. I hope you have made the changes to 5F as described in that post as well.
Yes, all changes mentioned were done but I was not successful in activating the climate menu in settings.
Old 4th January 2024, 22:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, all changes mentioned were done but I was not successful in activating the climate menu in settings.
Please share the adpmap file
Old 13th January 2024, 02:06   #41

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...form-cars.html (VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars)

Hopefully you can make use of this thread to complete the remaining tweaks. Looking forward to your completed list
Hi,

I'm in Chennai. I wanted to check if anyone in Chennai, could help me to set Injection Quantity using VCDS? Most of the service centres or scan service centres don't use VCDS. My car is Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI
Old 14th January 2024, 21:23   #42
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji2701 View Post
Hi,

I'm in Chennai. I wanted to check if anyone in Chennai, could help me to set Injection Quantity using VCDS? Most of the service centres or scan service centres don't use VCDS. My car is Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI
I got an OBDeleven, I'm guessing it is an adjustment done to engine module. If you know how to do it, you can try it with my OBDeleven. You can email me if needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks