Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 16:31   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
...suddenly the A/C blower which was on 2 just gives up and quickly I pulled over and found that 3 and 4 were working jus fine.
What could be the issue?
Is the yellow light only to do with the emission malfunction?
Is there any option of cleaning the sensor?
Isn't the warranty on the 'OEM' piece as good as the 'after market' one?
The fan blower resistor that's behind the dash has gone bust. It's a small winding wire coil resistor (size of a match box) in which the wire coil breaks. It's plug and play, costs a few hundred bucks. Change it, 5 minutes!

You CAN try taking out the O2 sensor and clean the holes with a pin and petrol to open any clogged holes / carbon deposits. See if the wires connrcted to the sensor side and the socket side are not half broken etc. else, re-solder them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Yes there is a high chance of this being the o2s but it could also be some loose contact some where. I suggest get the hi-scan done asap.
+1. Get a scan done first to ascertain what is wrong. The reader will tell you a lot. While you're at it, get a full re-set done from the Hi-scan machine too.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:55   #107
BHPian

I had the similar problem. Cleaning the sensor and reseting the ECU had solved the prob. But the fuel efficiency hasn't been the same since. A check on the web shows that the o2 sensor loses performance gradually (reduced amplitude for oscillations with lower frequency) and a replacement is recommended at 100k kilometers. They say that the prob starts with a smelly exhaust and slightly reduced FE followed by the bright CEL.
Old 26th August 2009, 23:44   #108
BHPian

If the car is not used for 2 days then the EML goes off at Ignition but appears after 15mins of driving or during restarting or revving.
My FE has dropped to the bottom :-) I was getting an average of 14Kmpl (C&H) and now i think its 10 or even 9 bad huh?
hope i can fix this prob soon. di1in what did you do? did the light re-appear??
Old 27th August 2009, 08:56   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
If the car is not used for 2 days then the EML goes off at Ignition but appears after 15mins of driving or during restarting or revving.
My FE has dropped to the bottom :-) I was getting an average of 14Kmpl (C&H) and now i think its 10 or even 9 bad huh?
hope i can fix this prob soon. di1in what did you do? did the light re-appear??
The mechanic had solved the prob for me. He said that he cleaned all the sensors and reset the ecu. This did take case of the CEL. But the fe is still at 10.5. I'm considering buying a new o2 sensor but have yet to find a place to source it.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:44   #110
BHPian

Could we start a poll here to see how many people whose cars have the Check Engine Light on have seen a drop in mileage as well ? Or just reply.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:30   #111
BHPian

Sharing info!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas99 View Post
Hi Jack, Can you please let me know where in Bangalore did you pick up the O2 Sensor? Mine started lighting up since today morning, i haven't got the scan done yet but just want to be prepared in any case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Jack, please care to share the details of this 'aftermarket Denso' product for 2.8k which reportedly does the replacement of the O2 sensor. meant to do the same job !?!

Sorry guys haven't been to this thread for a while now. It’s my mechanic who gets these O2 sensors shipped from Mumbai or Delhi. Never really bothered to know ever since he started taking care of my car. Wilson (9341273009) works for Josephs Garage near Hennur Bus Depot. Since he sells it at 2.8k to 3.5k I'm sure it’s a Taiwanese product but it's been a year and over 5k on my mileage and has never had any issues. If you talk to him, he should be able to get you the Denso too at a price.
He's pretty impressive with his work on restoration and services cars like Skods's and Mercs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Depends on how the former is procured. These are usually chori ka maal, or flicked during imports, and so they sell cheaper.

ankitahuya, it isn't Chori ka maal nor stolen. Like I said, he ships them from Delhi or Mumbai and from this forum I've gotten to know it’s easily available there. I've got a couple of guys in this forum who has got their sensors replaced successfully by Wilson too.

I've seen people come to him with cars in real bad conditions on Skoda's and he procures parts from Delhi/Mumbai just to ensure these guys don't have to shell out a bomb to fix a car.

But who am I to complain if somebody is willing to spend all that money to get it fixed from dealers but please refrain from criminating my mechanic without knowing facts.

Thanks
Jack

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks