Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 11:12   #661

Quote:
You could probably be right. All the issues you mentioned are classic symptoms of alternator acting up. You said that your mechanic replaced a part for Rs 600/-. Which was this part? I would suggest you better show your car to nearest TVS Lucas Centre & get the voltage of the battery checked.
AutoIndian,
Do you have the address of a LUcas TVS center in Bangalore as I am having starting trouble with increasing frequency. Also should I be looking at Alternator as well for the source of this problem?

And the problems with my car are continuing. Recently had to replace a leaking shock absorber at KHT motors, Whitefield and in the process decided to get the brake pads changed. During a general checkup they also went ahead and replaced the Tension pulley for the A/C, Rubber hose at the top of the engine.

Please find the details of the hit I took because of the above

1. Assy Cover (Thermostat) - 91.06
2. Tension Pully - 414.60
3. 3SSY. Rubber Hose (With Bleeding screw) - 334.16
4. KBX 494 brake pads- 1421.14
5. Front Strut - 2807.93

Labor
1. Replace Front Strut - 225
2. Replace A/c Idler - 90
3. Replace brake pads- 260
4. Coolant hose replacement - 325

Cheers!
Old 8th November 2010, 13:51   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Lucas TVS service centre in Bangalore: (courtesy Mahesh Kale of TIUG)

Standard Auto Service, No. 8 Lalbagh road 080-2218376 (please check the number, there's one digit missing)

Enter LalBagh road from the Corporation side. It is One way from Siddhaiah Circle towards Lal Bagh. This Standard Auto shop is between a Yamaha showroom and Urvashi theatre on the right side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The number is 22218376, courtesy online Bangalore phone directory!
here you go, Courtesy of trrk and hrag who are no more with us (due to different reasons)
Old 8th November 2010, 14:22   #663
BHPian

Hello,

At last i decided to fix my tata indica. I took my vehicle to Mohandas motors at Trivandrum for the pending repairs. The repairs done for my vehicle Indical v2 DLS is attached..

The total is 21K, but i am very much pleased with their work and the time they took for the repair. I am now feeling my vehicle is better than when i purchased it.
I have replaced the front 2 studs the price for one stud is 2170.92 and replacement charge is 980 (for replacing both studs of front).

I can give 9/10 for their work. The attitude of the security guards was bad. They are not customer friendly this is the only bad thing i noticed about Mohandas motors.

i am very much pleased about the work and my car is now in good condition. Even though i spent 21k, i feeling no regret since my vehicle is in good condition.

My previous experience with Tata service center at trivandrum was very bad. the work was very poor and trouble shooting was very bad. especially the "kul... Motors" they don't even care for your vehicle, they treat the customer very bad by giving all false advice. many times i had to raise my words at them.

Even if we pay if we wont get service is there any use in giving the vehicle for service?
Tata should do some sort of sudden audit of the service centers so that the valuable customers of Tata wont get nasty treatment and service.

I may say from my experience Tata cars are not bad as we think.
We have one thing in mind always, foreign things are better than Indian.
If i have used any foreign car models available in india like i have done to my Indica then the car would have been in parts.

Thanks for reading....
Attached Files
File Type: doc Indica Work.doc (500.0 KB, 693 views)
Old 9th November 2010, 08:46   #664

Thanks Greenhorn...much appreciated.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:08   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Hello,

At last i decided to fix my tata indica. I took my vehicle to Mohandas motors at Trivandrum for the pending repairs. The repairs done for my vehicle Indical v2 DLS is attached..

The total is 21K, but i am very much pleased with their work and the time they took for the repair. I am now feeling my vehicle is better than when i purchased it.
Good to know that your vehicle is better than ever before. But could you pl elaborate what were the various issues that you were facing. Also how much has your vehicle run so far?

Had a cursory look at your invoice & found that the front brake discs have now been replaced my ventilated ones (Item # 10). Are these OEM discs? which make? As far as I know Indicas don't come with ventilated discs, why just Indica, no B segment & even C segment cars come with OEM ventilated discs.

Item # 36, Check & adjust Idle Speed Device (Diesel Pump & nozzle overhaul), they have charged Rs 3520.00. Could you pl ask them what exactly they did in this? The idle speed device is the FICD (Fast Idle Control Device), which they have already replaced (Item # 2 in your invoice), then what for this extra charge, that too so high?
Old 9th November 2010, 14:35   #666
Senior - BHPian

hey, thanks for the review about Mohandas. I've crossposted it here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...rivandrum.html

please do add your comments. Mohandas is good eh? I guess will take my car there the next time. Fed up of kulathunkal. I dont care if they beat me up and take all my money and leave me naked in the road, as long as they fix my car right!

EDIT: Ventilated discs??? i have a feeling they've billed you for safari disks. can you post a shot of your front discs, at least can you sea if there are any ventilation holes on the disc?

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th November 2010 at 14:40.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:50   #667
Team-BHP Support

Even the safari does not have ventilated disks!
I wonder which indica does?
something is not right.
Old 9th November 2010, 17:36   #668

Hi,
Went to Lucas TVS service center today. Dropped the car off after discovering the starter motor required some armature work. The person there Mr. Shiva Kumar quoted 1300/- for servicing the same.
On a hunch, decided to get the Alternator checked with the Multimeter showing 13.6V @ 1050 RPM and no other electrical appliances in use.
So decided to have the Alternator serviced as well.

On general enquiring, Shivakumar quoted 6000/- for a new starter motor and 12000/- bucks for new alternator. Also he was insisting that I replace the 3.5 yr old battery in the next 3-4 months.

Any feedback on the above is welcome.

Thanks
Old 9th November 2010, 18:14   #669
Senior - BHPian

update: seems the indigo E-CS BSIV (and even the plain vanilla Xeta GLE) does.
Indigo e-CS | Features & Specifications | BS IV Tech Specs
http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/Indic...fications.aspx

who knows, I might be on a way to a cheap OE brake upgrade

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th November 2010 at 18:15.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:26   #670
BHPian

IIRC, ventilated discs are fitted throughout the Indica range, mine definitely has them. Don't confuse ventilated with slotted and drilled rotors, ventilated discs are indistinguishable from regular discs from the side.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:38   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
IIRC, ventilated discs are fitted throughout the Indica range, mine definitely has them. Don't confuse ventilated with slotted and drilled rotors, ventilated discs are indistinguishable from regular discs from the side.
This is new to me at least. Till date I had the impression that ventilated discs are the ones which have numerous holes on the circular braking area for faster dissipation of heat (these are commonly seen on the disc brakes of today's bikes) as against the solid ones. Refer the info below on Wikipedia:

Disc brake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12th November 2010, 08:02   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This is new to me at least. Till date I had the impression that ventilated discs are the ones which have numerous holes on the circular braking area for faster dissipation of heat (these are commonly seen on the disc brakes of today's bikes) as against the solid ones. Refer the info below on Wikipedia:

Disc brake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The article mentions exactly what I said, what's your point?
Old 12th November 2010, 14:18   #673
BHPian

No air flow at first speed setting of blower

Folks,

As of yesterday morning, all of a sudden, the AC blower does not seem to work at first speed setting. This is irrespective of AC is ON or OFF. There is no air flow.

However at speeds 2,3 and 4 it works normally and cooling is as usual (I have not touched anything w.r.t AC so far, so it is a little bit low, but normal). Could this be something big ?
Old 13th November 2010, 11:38   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Folks,

As of yesterday morning, all of a sudden, the AC blower does not seem to work at first speed setting. This is irrespective of AC is ON or OFF. There is no air flow.

However at speeds 2,3 and 4 it works normally and cooling is as usual (I have not touched anything w.r.t AC so far, so it is a little bit low, but normal). Could this be something big ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good to know that your vehicle is better than ever before. But could you pl elaborate what were the various issues that you were facing. Also how much has your vehicle run so far?

Had a cursory look at your invoice & found that the front brake discs have now been replaced my ventilated ones (Item # 10). Are these OEM discs? which make? As far as I know Indicas don't come with ventilated discs, why just Indica, no B segment & even C segment cars come with OEM ventilated discs.

Item # 36, Check & adjust Idle Speed Device (Diesel Pump & nozzle overhaul), they have charged Rs 3520.00. Could you pl ask them what exactly they did in this? The idle speed device is the FICD (Fast Idle Control Device), which they have already replaced (Item # 2 in your invoice), then what for this extra charge, that too so high?
Hi,

My vehicle has done 1.02LK, and this is the major work i have done till now.
The issues i have faced are,
While applying brake the brake peddle will be pulsating due to uneven surface of brake disc. (changed the disc + brake pads). all indica has ventilated disc.

Low acceleration response and poor pulling. (overhaul of diesel pump and nozzle). Previously i had done overhaul of nozzle and replaced the return valve situated in the manual diesel pump this process gave me little more pickup. but when KM passed i have do the diesel pump overhaul.
changed the bearing and the diaphragm of diesel pump + diesel filter.
the quote given by KHT motors Bangalore for the diesel pump was 5K, i am happy Mohandas did it for 3.5K.
The FICD unit was not functioning this issue was known to me, so mohandas found it.
How to test FICD unit.
while idling switch on the AC, watching the rpm meter, if the rpm does not increase the FICD unit is not working.

My front suspension was leaking and the stability of the vehicle during taking turnings became less, so i decided to replace both of them.

The only major work i did for my car in the past was overhauling of clutch which i did in 85K.

This is why i said Indian cars are not Bad. I am not an Gandhian.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:44   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Even the safari does not have ventilated disks!
I wonder which indica does?
something is not right.
dear friend,

safari has ventilated disc....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks