Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 13:51   #46
BHPian

Vinod Kumar - 9819577406...
Old 12th February 2008, 14:08   #47
BHPian

I got the interiors done at the Maruti Service Masters for 1,400. I have a Swift Zxi. The results are pretty good and I recommend it. Will go for the exteriors in my next service.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
I got the interiors done at the Maruti Service Masters for 1,400. I have a Swift Zxi. The results are pretty good and I recommend it. Will go for the exteriors in my next service.
Do Maruti Service Masters handle cars of other makers as well or are they just confined to maruti? & what all they do in Interior detaling.
Old 13th February 2008, 18:48   #49
BHPian

Hello, Eventually I did Car Detailing on my Ikon, at 3M, Chennai.

I was charged:
1500 for Exterior Detailing
500 for Surface Refinement
950 for Interior Detailing
2950 was the Total.

I had to do Surface Refinement because yesterday small paint drops had fallen on my car and they weren't getting washed away this morning when I tried. Scratching them and removing, I didn't want to try. Hence this removed the paint drops from the nearly half left side of the car starting from the rear brake light, the rear hood, the rear glass to the top, the front glass and to the bonnet.

To be honest, I felt 500 was too much for this. All they did for surface refinement was claying (I know what's claying) and they were telling its not clay and its some chemical imported from US of A bla bla bla. 50g of this chemical would cost 1,200 rs. Don't know how much true this is.

Then, I came to know today that Mr.Yadhav isn't there anymore, he left the job and started his own business in Vellore hmmm (This is for you rr_zen).

So I dealt with some unknown person and the work was started. Then only Mr.Vinayaga Murthy whom I met before with Mr.Yadhav came to the scene. But anyway this did not make any changes in the plans/pricing.

For the interior, they sprayed the interiors and seat with some liquid and scrubbed them and wiped them off with wool. I was actually impressed with the interior job they did. They cleaned the seats, carpets, the rear speaker tray, the vinyls and the glasses.

For the exterior, they wet the surface with soap water, and rubbed the clay around the body. After that, they ran another wash with soap water. Then they let it dry for sometime. After like 10 minutes, they applied a white cream like thing in bits at one part of the body like the bonnet and ran the buffer on it. They did this twice for each part of the body.

I left the scene for lunch. While I was not there, after buffing with the white cream thing, they did the same with wax. After buffing with wax, they cleaned and made the matte handles have a wet look and same for bumper and door strips. Tyres were dressed (This looks good).

I came back to find all the exterior and interior work done. They were doing the final cleaning around with the 3m fibre cloth. After all this was done. I requested them to remove the sun film strip on my front glass! A nice job was done, they used the blade to remove the film at a corner and then slowly pulled it off at one go! Wonderful. After this, they washed and removed the gum remains, leaving the radio antenna patch intact, they did not use the blade there to remove the gum. No scratches caused here. Its clean now.

After this sunfilm, I asked them to remove the Chennai Ford sticker and the Petrol only sticker on the fuel lid cover. These two were done well too.

I was told the shine would last for about 6 months if washed carefully and not harshly.

So all the above was done in 4 hours. In the morning itself he said 5 hours. As the number of workers increase on the car, the time would decrease to 3 hours.

Pictures below:

Before:

Here there were some scratches visible.

After:

The same scratches area above not visible now.

The metallic shine

The front windshield with the sunfilm strip removed!! Looks GOOD!

The bonnet

The fuel lid cover with the green petrol sticker removed!

The interiors in the rear

The work was done good. Before in this place, there was lot of brownish areas with dirt.

The front half

The reflection of the next house on the top of the car.

The reflection of the Santro on the side of the car.

The back half

Side angles

Wheels & Tyres

Overall good work. But I did expect more shine and more of the scratches to go away.

Like this

They weren't able to remove these scratches.

cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 13th February 2008 at 18:50.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:21   #50
BANNED

Absar : Very nice pics !

Is there any warranty provided for Exterior Detailing ?
Old 14th February 2008, 21:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Nice Work!!
I am yet o find a 3M service centre in Bangalore :(
Old 14th February 2008, 21:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Good Job! 2 weeks back I got my Innova Detailed by similar guys, They use waxpool and 3M products does the job very well in organized manner same way you explained Absar

Once in 6 months if we do this job car will be silky shine always.

I can see with just normal wash without any shampoo car looks shining very much now and washing is very easy.

I am really impressed by their tyre polish, dash board, door pad shine.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:39   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Good Job! 2 weeks back I got my Innova Detailed by similar guys, They use waxpool and 3M products does the job very well in organized manner same way you explained Absar

Once in 6 months if we do this job car will be silky shine always.

I can see with just normal wash without any shampoo car looks shining very much now and washing is very easy.

I am really impressed by their tyre polish, dash board, door pad shine.

Regards,

Ravi.
Could you share the details of the job / charges / contacts?
Old 15th February 2008, 02:15   #54
BHPian

Is there any such 3M detailer in Mumbai & What would be the charges?
Old 15th February 2008, 03:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

@Absar: Your car looks good. Sad to hear that Yadhav has quit the company. Did they offer you any free services with this package (at least for the exteriors) ? About the scratches, you cant really get rid of them all. I have tried my level best, in vain.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:16   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Had been to the Shaman Ford service center at Lalbaugh today there they provide services by 3M,but not sure they take in any other cars than Ford
Old 15th February 2008, 10:50   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice Work!!
I am yet o find a 3M service centre in Bangalore :(
You can try Sundaram Motors on Kasturba road. Contact person: Mr Kumar (998 099 2225)

I haven't tried other places but I am happy with 3M@Sundaram. Your car will be detailed next to lot of Mercs ;-)

Or you can directly contact 3M Bangalore (google) for a service provider that is more convenient.
Old 15th February 2008, 11:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay View Post
any one in delhi who does a good job?
Did you found someone ?? Even i am looking for one.
Old 15th February 2008, 11:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Place: Bangalore.

Car polish guy is Mohan who is manager, If you are getting it done insist on he is coming personally and do it, give him planty of time while taking appointment so he can make it.

The reason if he come with his guys work done will be really good my feeling anyway its general assumption.

Mohan's Cell: 98861-78278. His company name is Accord cars as per my knoowledge.

He gives bill with full details of what he is doing and even explain again after work is done and double check the work if any left out..

Except for inside roof top cleaning work all work done are very good.

Now once we wash Innova with just plain water it shines very well so its very effective i can see. work he will do is

1. Tyre wash and polish.
2. Bumper and body wash and polish/buffing
3. interior dash board, door pads cleaning
4. seat cleaning if necessary.
5. inside roof top cleaning -> its not worth it i can see. don't get this work done.

He uses genuine material waxpool, 3M products.

I suggest take appointment in first shift thats 9am to 12 noon so workers will be fresh and do the job efficiently.

He charged around 748/- for innova and i guess he would charge 100/- rs less if its for swift/getz. For Zen etc. small cars it might be still 50/ rs less.

Its cheap as far as cost goes and good service as far as quality goes thats what i can see based on my previous experience. there are car polishing guys who charge 3500/- rs but result is 10% better but not worth for the money we pay.

Since i know mohan i thought of trying him this time he is good. I will soon load few pictures.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 15th February 2008, 17:31   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Unfortunately, 3M doesn't have their own detailing center in Mumbai. They only offer their packages through authorised service centers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks