Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 17:34   #61
BHPian

O, alright. They should open one here, they will do good business from Mumbai BHPians
Old 15th February 2008, 17:37   #62
BHPian

3M car detailers - look them up ; or pm me for their contact
Old 15th February 2008, 19:06   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unfortunately, 3M doesn't have their own detailing center in Mumbai. They only offer their packages through authorised service centers.
i guess this is the case everywhere including bangalore. this is what the 3M sales manager told me.
Old 17th February 2008, 01:30   #64
BHPian

3M Dosen't have direct sales outlets in cochin i belive but almost all the mainstream car showrooms Including Toyota & Honda in cochin have 3M Guys on Standby at their showrooms for waxing, interior cleaning , Teflon Coating.......

Last day i even saw a shop who does Windsheild Refinishing & Repairing under license from 3M.......
Old 17th February 2008, 10:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Place: Bangalore.

Car polish guy is Mohan who is manager, If you are getting it done insist on he is coming personally and do it, give him planty of time while taking appointment so he can make it.

The reason if he come with his guys work done will be really good my feeling anyway its general assumption.

Mohan's Cell: 98861-78278. His company name is Accord cars as per my knoowledge.
Hi Ravi !
Where is this guy's place exactly and as you mentioned for my alto it should be around 600 to 700 right. I will talk to the guy when i am @ leisure and actually thats a good rate as RNS motors Hosur Road where i get my servicing done had quoted 2000 and i aint sure what all services are included.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:09   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Place: Bangalore.

Car polish guy is Mohan who is manager....
Since i know mohan i thought of trying him this time he is good. I will soon load few pictures.

Regards,

Ravi.
Thanks Ravi, pics would be great.

One more doubt, do they come to ones house OR do it at their location? Your post gave me a feeling they made house calls, which would be PURFECT !
Old 17th February 2008, 11:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

If Jaggu is right then its a good deal to get it done @ home,however i doubt though. Anyway still not sure where he is located? can you direct to the location.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

They come to the place we ask based on the appointment we take in advance.

Here is what I did. 2 months back I came to know about Mohan when my relative who sell Automobile products visited my house and casually while talking he said there is good service of car cleaning/polishing from his friend and they visit our place to do it.

I took contact details from my relative and called him and discussed about the service. I came to know:

1. We need to call them and take appointment (they work in 3 shifts 9am-12, 12-3pm, 3-6pm), I like first shift because they will be on time and work will be efficient.
2. After i booked the service, Mohan called me 1 day in advance to remind/confirm the visit and next day I received a call from Mohan at 9:10am that he is near my house with 2 guys.
3. I gave him keys and he took the car out (he suprised about my car because he assumed its Diesel Innova) to start the job and he explained me the list of the work he will do in 3 hours.
4. His Maruti Omni had all sorts of tools/materials including Generator in case power failure while working.
5. They washed the car with very less water but its clean wash (not like water service in service center).
6. 1 guy started cleaning inside door pads, dash board etc..
7. they applied 3m / wax pool and rubbed the body including bumper. he said they use material based on type of car, bumper, color considerring many aspects.
8. I guess they leave 30 minutes after applying 3m/waxpool products.
9. Inside they cleaned every thing using vaccum cleaner.
10. Last thing is buffing (I don't know much about it) they have some white sponge sort of rotating machine which they move all around on the body of the car.
11. It took 3 hours to complete the job, they double checked again to see if anything left out.
12. Only thing I didn't like is roof top cleaning inside which is not worth and door pad cleaning i can see better shine but my driver is more clean to avoid any stains during the cleaning job.
13. Over all its good service, people who charge 3000/- might be 10% better in the work but these guys are worth for the money we pay.
14. I remember he said he charge 500/- for small cars, 600/- sedans, 700/- SUV. I was not bothered about price since I was about to get the work done for 3500/-. They gave me bill with details.
15. They recommand to get this work done every 6 months.

Result: I can see with just 10 minutes water wash car shine very much. small scratches are gone or almost not visible. big scratches have become small ones but they said they will appear back in few months where paint has totally gone.

car detailer's official number is :9964301045

I insist take your own time and book the appointment in advance and request for Mohan to personally visit to get the work done he is very good person i can see that. If he charges extra 100/- its worth it.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd February 2008 at 12:12.
Old 17th February 2008, 12:47   #69
Team-BHP Support

That was helpful and i shall update if possible by next week itself
Old 18th February 2008, 15:13   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
3M Dosen't have direct sales outlets in cochin i belive but almost all the mainstream car showrooms Including Toyota & Honda in cochin have 3M Guys on Standby at their showrooms for waxing, interior cleaning , Teflon Coating.......

Last day i even saw a shop who does Windsheild Refinishing & Repairing under license from 3M.......
What about Maruti/Hyundai at Cochin ?
Old 18th February 2008, 15:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu, do update without fail. If its good, I'll also go for it. Ravibhat, thanks for the detailed reply.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Ravi,

Thanks for the details. The rates are very good compared to what others charge. Will try him for sure.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:56   #73
BHPian

For 3M Car Detailing U can get in touch with the guys at Nippon Toyota ,Cochin-9847496045
Emperor Car Accessories Does Sonax Car Polishing but for the rate they quoted you can get your car repainted

Also u can Try with Galaxy Auto Accessories,Mamangalam,Cochin - 9895055448
Old 21st February 2008, 20:52   #74
BHPian

Car Detailing in hyderabad

Guys I am looking for somebody who can do car detailing in hyderabad....

Any pointers????
Old 22nd February 2008, 11:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Now as I write this post Car polishing work going on my Matiz, expected to be ready in 1 hour.

Mohan has come on time at 9:00 AM since he stay nearby vijayanagar reached my house easily and started the work with his 2 guys.

His official number to take appointment: 9964301045.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks