Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 19:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Today Mohan visited my house on time in the morning and did the work efficiently on newly baught Matiz. Work done:

1. Body ( Exterior and Interior ) wash, Tyre Wash, vaccum cleaning, rubbing with waxpool & 3M then polish and buffing and wipe with shiny cloth.

Result: Many big scratches have become small and most of the stains are wanished and few could not be removed because it rubbing would remove paint itself. We get best result if we maintain the car this way once in 6 months from the time we buy brand new car.

He did roof top cleaning as well for Matiz which was very impressive may be because I was not convinced about Innova roof top cleaning but this time it was better work on Matiz.

He also promised me next time he would do better job for Innova roof top. There is material difference of Roof top of innova and matiz. also Matiz was more dirty than innova so I can see big difference when roof top of Matiz was cleaned compared to innova.

Accord Automobiles (Mohan) service is VFM because he use genuine material with prompt service!

For Matiz today he charged me 548/- and for Innova last month its 748/-

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:49   #77
Team-BHP Support

am waiting for him, 1 pm appointment since morning slots were taken.

Thanks once again Ravi.
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:43   #78
Team-BHP Support

Can you guys ask him if he knows of anyone providing similar services in Delhi & NCR ?
Old 23rd February 2008, 18:32   #79
BHPian

Mumbai too I love his prices.
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:49   #80
Team-BHP Support

Report here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/733383-post139.html

This is a Bangalore outfit. Started out with one van now they have 5 units and i saw the post now so couldnt check if they knew something in Mumbai.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:49   #81
BHPian

Anyone like MOhan in Ravi's post here in Chennai ?
Old 26th February 2008, 20:09   #82
BHPian

Thanks for the info, am surely going to try this out.

@Jaggu: Nice detailed report on the work they did on Snowflakes (from your thread), convinced me to try it out too.
Old 26th February 2008, 21:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Eventually I did Car Detailing on my Ikon, at 3M, Chennai.

I was charged:
1500 for Exterior Detailing
500 for Surface Refinement
950 for Interior Detailing
2950 was the Total.
Hey Absar, first off, great to see a detailed post on the 3M detailing process. Its time for me to get my car detailed.

Will probably go to them next weekend or so. Edit: Are they open on Sundays also?

Do they use the rubbing machine (the one with the big round soft brush fixed to a motor) to polish the wax off the car?

I get my car washed daily with plain water. No detergent / shampoo etc. Just plain water. After the car is dry i notice a white flaky layer on the surface (due to hard water / quality of water maybe ?).

Any tips / pointers on maintanence after the detailing process will be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Did they offer you any free services with this package (at least for the exteriors) ? About the scratches, you cant really get rid of them all. I have tried my level best, in vain.
I wonder if the detailing process can get rid of some scratches. When I run my palms on the car's body () i can feel the scratches. Wonder if the detailing can resolve this to some extent at least.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th February 2008 at 21:06.
Old 26th February 2008, 21:47   #84
BHPian

Hi n_aditya, I'm glad you liked the detailed post with pictures. Sadly they are not working on Sundays.

Yes they use the rubbing machine, but sadly not good pads. They use just a grey pad with a curved surface. I expected them to have various pads for rubbing on various areas depending on the swirls.

By white dry flaky layer, do you mean oxidisation? Perhaps they could get it removed by surface refinement I guess. I'm not sure, but you could check it up prior to action on the car.

Well, for maintenance, I'm not doing anything special. Doing the normal way (wet blue cloth cleaning) and it doesnt seem to affect the paint & polish. Still the smoothness of the polish exists.

Regarding the scratches, if you can feel the scratches, very less chances are there it will vanish, but it will reduce to an extent. But then, all light scratches which are there without getting the feel of them when running fingers through them do vanish, atleast they did for me.

cya
A
Old 26th February 2008, 21:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I wonder if the detailing process can get rid of some scratches. When I run my palms on the car's body () i can feel the scratches. Wonder if the detailing can resolve this to some extent at least.
Hey Aditya. Its very simple. The effect of the cure depends on the depth or intensity of the scratches. If they are shallow enough, you might end up getting rid of them. From what you say, I guess they are deep enough that you feel them when you run your palms on the body. Best of luck mate !!
Old 26th February 2008, 22:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
By white dry flaky layer, do you mean oxidisation? Perhaps they could get it removed by surface refinement I guess. I'm not sure, but you could check it up prior to action on the car.
I'm not sure if its oxidisation. Its more like talcum powder but not that white and not that soft & smooth. I can wipe it off the car with a cloth so I am assuming it is due to the quality of water (well water being used to wash the car).

Thanks a ton for the prompt replies gentlemen. I appreciate it. cheers:
Old 26th February 2008, 23:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm not sure if its oxidisation. Its more like talcum powder but not that white and not that soft & smooth. I can wipe it off the car with a cloth so I am assuming it is due to the quality of water (well water being used to wash the car).

Thanks a ton for the prompt replies gentlemen. I appreciate it. cheers:
I presume 'hard' water to be the culprit here. The white residue that you wipe off must be limescale deposits. The problem compounds if you wash your car and leave it to dry under the sun.

Last edited by rr_zen : 26th February 2008 at 23:19.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
@Jaggu: Nice detailed report on the work they did on Snowflakes (from your thread), convinced me to try it out too.
Sorry, I meant Snowhite ... Snowflakes would be souljah's.
Old 28th April 2008, 10:12   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Vinod Kumar - 9819577406...
It was time to get the Indigo polished, so I had Vinod come by for the job yesterday. I must admit, for the price (Rs.1,200), he has done a fantastic job. Three of his boys waxed and cleant the Indigo away to glory, with liberal use of 3M and Armorall branded products. They started early morning (830ish) and completed the car by 3 p.m. I wouldn't use his services for the Benz or other expensive cars, but his job is appropriate for C segment sedans.

Thanks for sharing the contact, Maverick.

Last edited by GTO : 28th April 2008 at 10:13.
Old 28th April 2008, 18:27   #90
BHPian

well there is patel auto in goregaon (west) they are authorised by 3m. they do a good job another good polymer sealent job was done by st.francis at borivali west. they do a awesome job and for 3000/-they do a complete exterior job with sealant twice a year. there are the best. i have a chevy optra will post the pictures soon. i had been to pervez but he is good but too far for me, ofcourse he's the guru in it!
but the above mentioned guys are excellent i've been to them and i've gotta black car and i get it polished and sealed every 6months, and evry 3months of regular wax(p21s) thats the best in the world.it gives me e regualr wet look on my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks