Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 14:53   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I have a Hyundai Accent 2008 model which has done close to 26k Kms. It runs on Mobil synthetic and premium fuel.
It is due for service now.
I am planning to get the Oil changed now in the service. Apart from this do I also go for decarb and Throttle body cleaning/ Injector cleaning?
good time to get it done.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:12   #197
BHPian

I have bought a UP Police disposal Gypsy, which had done 96K KMs. In all probability it's engine was never flushed or de-carbonized and God knows what was the frequency of oil change.

I recently gave it to Maruti Service Masters, Okhla for service. There I asked the SA to do engine flush and de-carbonization; and he recommended against it. His logic - in 96K KMs of use, a carbon layer must have formed in the engine, and pistons must be fitting snugly.

By flushing/de-carbonization, this layer will be washed off and a gap will appear between cylinder and piston.

I don't know whether he is giving me genuine advise or it is hogwash. What do you guys say about it?

Nitin
Old 29th April 2010, 15:13   #198
Senior - BHPian

Is getting a De-Carb done at an *** recommended or is it better to do it a place that is only in the job of de-carbonising?
Old 29th April 2010, 16:36   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I have bought a UP Police disposal Gypsy, which had done 96K KMs. In all probability it's engine was never flushed or de-carbonized and God knows what was the frequency of oil change.

I recently gave it to Maruti Service Masters, Okhla for service. There I asked the SA to do engine flush and de-carbonization; and he recommended against it. His logic - in 96K KMs of use, a carbon layer must have formed in the engine, and pistons must be fitting snugly.

By flushing/de-carbonization, this layer will be washed off and a gap will appear between cylinder and piston.

I don't know whether he is giving me genuine advise or it is hogwash. What do you guys say about it?

Nitin
Service adviser is true.. its not recommended to flush a high mileage engine.. if engine flush has not been done even once..This might lead to loss of compression, leaks etc..mainly because engine oil would have sealed worn parts and rubber seals.. which might leak if flushed.
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:32   #200
BHPian

Hi friends,

Any De carbonizing places in Hyderabad for complete Decarb removing Head.
Please reply for Maruti Zen
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:33   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
Hi friends,

Any De carbonizing places in Hyderabad for complete Decarb removing Head.
Please reply for Maruti Zen

Is it an MPFI or an Carb model? Which year is the car apart from that how much has it run and why do you want to de-carb the egnine ?
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:42   #202
BHPian

HI Indr,

The car is 99 model(Carb) done around 60k nt sure about odo(used car) I had got the tappet cover removed to get tappet tuned) the state was horrible, god knows hoe previous owner mainanined, hence tappets are making noise a rattling nise, full of carbon. But i cant trust this guy to do a good job.

So need to knw any good place to get a decarb and aprox cost
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:47   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
HI Indr,

The car is 99 model(Carb) done around 60k nt sure about odo(used car) I had got the tappet cover removed to get tappet tuned) the state was horrible, god knows hoe previous owner mainanined, hence tappets are making noise a rattling nise, full of carbon. But i cant trust this guy to do a good job.

So need to knw any good place to get a decarb and aprox cost
Ok you could for the time being buy an additive called system G and put it in your tank and see how the car does. If the situation doesnt improve then goto any maruti autorised work shop and get it done. The cost would be close to 5-8k. This additive is avaiable at a few petrol pumps or other parts & car acc. shop.

My sugestion is to go for system G and then to go for a De-carb.

Cost of system G should be close to Rs. 250-300.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 22nd June 2010 at 22:49.
Old 27th October 2010, 09:54   #204
Senior - BHPian

I got engine 3M engine decarbonizing done as part of service yesterday. The injector cleaning is also done apart from decarbonizing. Was seperate injector cleaning required as decarbonizing would have cleaned the injectors as well? The can used for decarbonizing mentions that it cleans injectors and valves along with the engine. I think they have used seperate fluids for both and seperate injector cleaning was unnecessary.

It was partially my mistake as I had asked them for injector cleaning without thinking about decarbonizing.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 27th October 2010 at 09:56.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:21   #205
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

as far as I know if you request the ASC to give your car the "engine decarbonizing" treatment, this includes cleaning the Fuel Injectors too.

We have found this with our Tata Indica DLG Turbo V2 around 3 weeks ago and again with my Scorpio around 2 weeks ago.

Both the vehicles feel significantly better after the decarb treatment. no doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I got engine 3M engine decarbonizing done as part of service yesterday. The injector cleaning is also done apart from decarbonizing. Was seperate injector cleaning required as decarbonizing would have cleaned the injectors as well? The can used for decarbonizing mentions that it cleans injectors and valves along with the engine. I think they have used seperate fluids for both and seperate injector cleaning was unnecessary.

It was partially my mistake as I had asked them for injector cleaning without thinking about decarbonizing.
Old 27th October 2010, 11:21   #206
BANNED

Quite often they see you a decoke just to get some extra bucks. I must say that I have never gone in for a decoke - the maximum any car of mine has done has been 65,000km. Throttle body & Injector cleaning yes, decoke No.

The best decoke is a one hour high speed run on the highway!

Last edited by sgiitk : 27th October 2010 at 11:26.
Old 27th October 2010, 11:28   #207
Senior - BHPian

Is decarb usually done using a engine flush or is the head actually opened and cleaned up?

For my "bike" I have had the manual de-carb done usually every 30K kms.

My Palio is now nearing 28K kms, there are no performance/mileage issues. Should I still go ahead with a decarb, or if something is running fine should I just let it be?

Any recommendations for places to get it done in Bangalore?
Old 27th October 2010, 11:45   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Is decarb usually done using a engine flush or is the head actually opened and cleaned up?

For my "bike" I have had the manual de-carb done usually every 30K kms.

My Palio is now nearing 28K kms, there are no performance/mileage issues. Should I still go ahead with a decarb, or if something is running fine should I just let it be?

Any recommendations for places to get it done in Bangalore?
It is done using 3M flush. They provided the empty can as a proof of doing it . They do not do a manual decarb.

The pick up has improved after the service. I am not sure whether it can be attributed to the decarb. I went for it mainly as the pick up had decreased recently. I think you can leave it for a later date.

It is done at authorized service centres of Hyundai and Maruthi. I do not know where you can get it done for a Palio.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 27th October 2010 at 11:46.
Old 17th April 2011, 19:22   #209
BHPian

Re: Carbon Cleaning / Decarbonisation of Engine

Hey Guys,

I got decarbonising done on my car when i bought it second hand, the Air intake valve had quiet a lot carbon deposits, I had to get it done and it is much better after i did the cleaning. I am now planning to get the fuel injectors cleaned, saw a few options like Sonax, which needs to be added to the fuel and the other way is to get the cleaning done by the injector cleaning machine, which when i checked with MASS and other mechanics, they quoted the cleaning charges to be around 475 per Injector (Mechanic quote), and MASS quoted 1800 for the 4 injectors. Not sure if it is really worth it.

I just want to keep the engine in top shape, I don't like being reactive, its rather better to be proactive, as the car in question is a used car done about 56k kms when bought.

Does the experts feel the price quoted is too much or is it reasonable?
Old 10th September 2011, 23:41   #210
BHPian

Re: Carbon Cleaning / Decarbonisation of Engine

Hi, re-igniting an old thread.
My Xylo, 14 months, 30K KMs. Have tried adding SystemG to diesel for past 4-5 tank fulls and also tried once 2T oil - havnt noticed any difference maybe bcoz of (usual) heavy traffic on Mumbai's WEH! Any advice on decarb ? flush ?

thanks in advance
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks