Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 18:36   #151
BHPian

I do engine flushing for my Indigo every 10000 km no prob till now
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:08   #152
BHPian

Old engines with react badly to de-carbonizing, my esteem carb gave me 149kms for the 17.54 litres of petrol after this procedure.

But the positive effects are visible only after a month of driving, now the pickup of my car has gradually improved. Yet to check the fuel efficieny.

Not sure about this, on old engines a small amount of carbon deposit is essential for smooth running.

cheers:
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:29   #153
Senior - BHPian

recently MUL has ordered all MASS not to do any sort of Decarb and even not to use any engine oil additives like bardahl and all.

i also saw the heads opened up by MASS for decarb. even after the decarb with bardahl there was hell lot of carbon on the pistons and valves. this proves that decarb hardly helps.

MASS are now charging 1800 for manual debarb which includes opening of head , through cleaning, valve lapping, valve seat cutting etc.

the bardahl decarb process costed 1250rs
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:35   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
recently MUL has ordered all MASS not to do any sort of Decarb and even not to use any engine oil additives like bardahl and all.

i also saw the heads opened up by MASS for decarb. even after the decarb with bardahl there was hell lot of carbon on the pistons and valves. this proves that decarb hardly helps.

MASS are now charging 1800 for manual debarb which includes opening of head , through cleaning, valve lapping, valve seat cutting etc.

the bardahl decarb process costed 1250rs
Is it possible for you to substantiate this with some document. I want to go after my MASS for recommending engine flush as well as oil additive.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:46   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Is it possible for you to substantiate this with some document. I want to go after my MASS for recommending engine flush as well as oil additive.
I do not have any document for this. recently my alto had been in a strange problem and i was willing to do the Bardahl decarb ( i had done this earlier at 25k kms). But they told me that Decarb has been stopped. not believing him i went to another MASS here in pune and he told me the same.
he then took me to the engine bay in the workshop and showed me some engines which were Decarbed with Bardahl and were still having lots of carbon left over. They have given the valve lapping and seat machining activity to a 3rd party person.
they charge 1800 rs.and even i think this is better than the Hyped-Marketed bardahl decarb.

with manual decarb there are no residues or carbon traces.

ya and one more thing he told me was that due to the bardahl decarb treatments the CATCON was getting damaged.
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:41   #156
BHPian

So True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
he then took me to the engine bay in the workshop and showed me some engines which were Decarbed with Bardahl and were still having lots of carbon left over.
Saw this myself when my engine had to be opened up last October, & this was just after a round of decarbonizing.
Carbon Cleaning / Decarbonisation of Engine-carboneverywhere_1.jpg
At that time, my car had run 62,000 Kms & had run exclusively on Speed 97 (Speed 93 & Speed before that). I used to carry out decarbonization every 6 months, i.e. once every 5,000 Kms. A round of decarbonizing, throttle-body cleaning, engine-flush, & coolant flush will run up a bill close to 2K, & you'd expect better results than this !

It's good to hear Maruti taking this step. The only thing with manual decarbonizing is that it's time-consuming & has to be done carefully since the head & valves are removed. Not many service centers are equipped to do this - in terms of equipment as well as personnel.

Last edited by im_srini : 23rd January 2009 at 17:42.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:00   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's good to hear Maruti taking this step. The only thing with manual decarbonizing is that it's time-consuming & has to be done carefully since the head & valves are removed. Not many service centers are equipped to do this - in terms of equipment as well as personnel.
You said it! Decarbing an engine is no joke... not seen it being done in a car engine, but saw it being done on someone's bike at the service centre of my Hero Honda dealer. And believe me, if you had seen the way they handle things, you will never want to have your engine decarbed. I would probably have murdered those mechs If that was my bike...

That said, our Esteem has now doen about 45,000 km. We have regularly used ordinary petrol, mostly from a COCO BP pump with IFTEX System G. For few months it was used with Speed (91). To my knowledge, the car has never been decarbed (in any other way). Till date, it does not seem to need any decarb.

I have always felt Bardhal to be a snake oil vendour and stayed away from all their products.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:08   #158
BHPian

I had problems in my 98 carb esteem after engine flush.
It started drinking oil and emitting white smoke, so now the piston rings needs to be replaced.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:53   #159
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea what obsession people have for flushing and stuff?!?! Its a classic case of trying to fix whats not broken.

Anyways, what brand of flush was this?
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:03   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I have no idea what obsession people have for flushing and stuff?!?! Its a classic case of trying to fix whats not broken.

Anyways, what brand of flush was this?
Bro actualy my car has done 64k kms, so thought of having the flush done before i change the oil.
My bad all went wrong, regarding the brand i dont remember the name.Just remember the bottle was yellow colour.
U can c what amount of white smoke it throws in this thread!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-esteem-2.html
Old 4th February 2009, 15:56   #161
BHPian

Engine flush all went wrong.........

yesterday i did oil change with Bardal Engine flush,Oil used is Mobil 15W-40 Dev Mx ,which i normally use,but after the treatment my car is not running smoother any longer,it was as smooth as a petrol engine before flush,but now its very rough at idle,even the pick up has decreased a lot approx. 25 to 30 %,what could be the problem,this never happened for my previous oil changes,and my card is palio 1.9 D ..what could be the problem..?am really worried guys

Or should i wait for 3-4 days
Old 4th February 2009, 17:54   #162
Senior - BHPian

If you enjoy flushing around, you should learn to enjoy its sanitising effects dude...
Old 4th February 2009, 18:54   #163
BHPian

but this is first time am facing this problem..?
i regulary do flushing i was always useful.
what is the way out of this..?or should i use any oil treatment..?
Old 4th February 2009, 20:24   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is the way out of this..?or should i use any oil treatment..?
Sure, why not? After flushing thats all you need... to finish off the rape of your poor engine...

Anyways, sarcasm aside... now I guess you have to find out if there is any mechanical damage... so just head off to your friendly neighbourhood garage...

Also, it just might be good to go for another oil change... to get most of that stuff out of your engine... tho its gonna cost you. If your engine has to be opened, then get the mech to remove all of the concoction you have there.
Old 4th February 2009, 21:29   #165
Senior - BHPian

I had a de-carbonizing flush at Arush's workshop once my Octavia touched 30k. DID NOT notice any significant difference, but no harm either.

Gusess diesel engine cars need to get the "treatment" does no harm but petrol - I doubt !!!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks